Ford OEM Parts {Oem Ford Parts Information & Links} Get Ford Parts from Forum Member 05stangkc {Ebay Sales Link}

Just a question for the local ford parts expert

Search this Thread

Old 12/19/07, 11:24 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just a question for the local ford parts expert

I have a problem that is partly my making but I think the dealership is being a little unfair. I will try to keep this brief! 2180 (My Bullitt) was wrecked, went to dealership for estimate through insurance, car totaled and bought back. Ordered the parts from same dealership to repair the car going off their body shop estimate. After getting all the parts had someone else look at the car and they said dealership was wrong to replace all the parts on the estimate decided to let that body shop fix the car. I am trying to return the parts to the dealer and am MORE THAN WILLING to pay a 20% restocking fee which I think is excessive but hey it is partly my fault. They are telling me I am stuck with the parts! I have already explained to them that most of what is returned to me will probably be re-spent at their parts department because I really like their asst manager and up until now they have been nothing but helpful. Does this sound right? For right now they say they are still trying to figure out a way to return One of the parts but only that one part! I have not been irate with them yet but am just about ready to become a real pain in their butt. Just wondering if anyone here knows if they just don't want to let me return the parts or are their hands REALLY TIED like they say?
Old 12/19/07, 12:31 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Most Ford dealers are like that unless they are really big. If a dealer takes parts back like that there is a very slim chance that they will sell them. Parts like this just add to idle inventory and will never be sold, because they can't be sent back unless the dealership earns credit for returns, which is based on gross parts sales and most dealerships don't earn much. So i think there telling you the truth. All dealers are like that around here if you order it its yours and I understand why. If they took special order parts back that were never going to be sold they would eventually go out of business adnd they would be no where to get oem parts. I hope you understand.
The following users liked this post:
05stangkc (9/4/23)
Old 12/19/07, 03:32 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
They did take them back! I went back up there after this post and talked to the manager of the body shop! That is where I had the big problem with the dealership! He saw my side of it and they refunded me the money minus 20% restocking fee! Thank you for the honest reply! And I do understand. Their parts department is FIRST CLASS all the way and I will continue to do business with them.