Ford OEM Parts {Oem Ford Parts Information & Links} Get Ford Parts from Forum Member 05stangkc {Ebay Sales Link}

Figure this one out

Search this Thread

Old 2/10/05, 08:24 PM
Administrator, Shop Manual PDF Poster, Parts Locator & Spam Bot Eliminator!!

Received 2,861 Likes on 2,112 Posts
Originally posted by Galaxie@February 10, 2005, 7:23 PM
Wow... that took long to explain

you certainly are a drama queen :P
It is a long process but I thought it would be interesting to know what lead me to try this! It is not an order the part and plug it in Deal and a lot of people are going to want to know Step by Step how to do this! Some dealers may not even attempt this unless you can tell them it can be done and this is how you do it!
Old 2/10/05, 08:26 PM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I actually enjoyed the read. What can I say, I guess I like suspense? (see avatar)

Factory IUP's still cheaper, but you don't have all the extra parts to put on e-bay.

So we're looking at $400-$500 for the cluster, probably another 4-5 for the airbag, and then the dash trim, etc... $1000 IUP.
Old 2/10/05, 08:27 PM
I Have Admin Envy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Kevin, if you feel like typing out the entire process and part numbers required to do the job, one of the mods will put a sticky on it in the interior mods section.
Old 2/10/05, 08:27 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by 05stangkc+February 10, 2005, 9:27 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(05stangkc @ February 10, 2005, 9:27 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Galaxie@February 10, 2005, 7:23 PM
Wow... that took long to explain

you certainly are a drama queen :P
It is a long process but I thought it would be interesting to know what lead me to try this! It is not an order the part and plug it in Deal and a lot of people are going to want to know Step by Step how to do this! Some dealers may not even attempt this unless you can tell them it can be done and this is how you do it!
[/b][/quote]

How?
Old 2/10/05, 08:30 PM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally posted by 05stangkc@February 10, 2005, 9:15 PM
See if you would have let me finish the story!

kc
TO RECAP:

6:00 p.m. pst 2/11/05
__________________________________________________ _____________
Hint![attachmentid=11704]
__________________________________________________ ____________
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/index.php?ac...e=post&id=11705

Hint!
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/index.php?ac...e=post&id=11707

hint!
I am going out for a smoke and then I will tell you my tale! And answer Q&A until Dinner! it is now 6:02 pst
this is the car!
Oh oh Wife is calling me to dinner!
just kidding
__________________________________________________ ______________
I feel like Bill Ford at a Mustang Presentation!
Ok back in may I ordered a 2005 black Gt with a stick and IUP! In october I decided to add to my order and get the alarm option! Unfortunatatly the 18g IUP got blown out by mistake! So I reorderd another car. My original order was then changed to an auto since I was not going to take it!

Anybody Out there! Shall I continue?
__________________________________________________ _______________
Anyway come november 23rd the Auto car comes in and of course I got to drive it! BIG Mistake I decide I can live with an auto and the IUP is not a big Deal! But the more I check the forums and the harder it is to get an IUP car the more I want it! It seems that I must know can I retro fit the IUP parts and will it cost me an arm and leg!
So come christmas eve here come my stick car with IUP Talk about a heart break! For a couple of days I do not even like my auto car what do I do!
I decide to start adding the IUP trim pieces and they look great! So I keep adding and adding! I even try The aluminum dash bezel to see if that is what is lacking and maybe the My Color and extra gauges are not what I am missing!
I am serious I have to go scarf down my dinner real quick before the wife KILLS ME! Give me ten minutes.

KC

I am not joking!
Easy Stang nut! A mystery is fun! I ate as fast as I can!
Anyway the Cluster Piece does not jive! So I take it out! Meanwhile in another forum somebody mentions that there are wires plugged into the dummy switch where the my color switch should be! So I order the switch and then sweat will something Happin like a wire melt down. well I get tired of waiting and plug it in IT does nothing except light up when the headlights are on!
So I got the switch but no Gauge cluster! I try and order on from ford and get You can not order this part online! Even though it is Priced!
So now I know I have to do a call in and because there is such a shortage on these parts and my car did not come with a IUP Cluster they are probably not going to be available! And besides will it even work!
Allright Allright IT WORKS GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guess I won't make as a Mystery Writer!
Anyway Thanks for your patience! You guys were way too sharp so I had to put in the white cars to slow you down!
__________________________________________________ ________________

kc
It was done as a short of test at the dealership! And it was just done yesterday! I believe it would run between $400.00 to $500.00 It can be done but it is not inexpensive
Everything works!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
When You call in your order you give them the mileage and it is put into memory and then before the new cluster is installed the old clusters info is downloaded in to a machine and then reloaded into the new! It was my concern that the info would conflict and cause a problem! I did not post that i could get a cluster because I did not want to disappoint anybody if it did not work!

Here, you should ad this quote into this post...

"It has always been hard for me to find a hat that fits my melon but at the moment it would be impossible!

Thanks So Much!
KC"

Could have just said, "Hey I installed an IUP cluster in my car and everything worked."
Old 2/10/05, 08:32 PM

Originally posted by Clemens9+February 10, 2005, 7:19 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Clemens9 @ February 10, 2005, 7:19 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-05stangkc@February 10, 2005, 9:15 PM

kc
Am I the only one who thinks this whole thing is retarded?

I bet other people think it as well, but are too afraid to say anything because they might not get the parts if this guy is selling them...
[/b][/quote]

I am sorry if my sense of humor is a bit off for you I thought it was fun! Everybody is so consumed with not Being Able to Get an IUP gauge pack in there car I was just trying to make it fun There were some good guesses out there we have a lot of sharp people out there! I put in a seventeen hour day yesterday and posted my cluster pic after geeting home from a Meeting to get some good vibes and hope going for those not fortunate to get an IUP car and most of the people had a good time with it! If i just posted a pic and said IUP gauge in my non IUP car it works! Would not that have been Boring?

I sincerely Apologize

KC
Old 2/10/05, 08:39 PM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Actually... no. It wouldn't have.
We all sincerily appreciate the effort and the shared information. It was the way you went about sharing that info.
I know you didn't mean it like this, but it comes across as " Ha, Ha, look what I know and you don't. AND I'm going to MAKE you wait for it."
Old 2/10/05, 08:40 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
NO need to apologize Kevin. I thought it was a great read and added a little fun to the evening.
Old 2/10/05, 08:41 PM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
KC, if my car doesn't get built because you took the last IUP cluster... you're going to get it

Old 2/10/05, 08:45 PM
FR500 Member

Jeez guys he's having a bit O' Fun....lighten up Francis
Old 2/10/05, 08:46 PM

Originally posted by Ballz@February 10, 2005, 7:25 PM
I don't get the whole point of with holding information on this site. This site has always been helpful, no since ruining it.
I did not want to get everybody anxious! People were having a had time waiting for if the cluster would work or not in not even one day! If I had told people that I could get the cluster but I won't know for a month if it will work or not they would have gone absolutely nuts!
Old 2/10/05, 09:12 PM

Originally posted by Galaxie@February 10, 2005, 7:30 PM
Kevin, if you feel like typing out the entire process and part numbers required to do the job, one of the mods will put a sticky on it in the interior mods section.
I am so tired now that my spelling and Grammar are worse than usual. This is big News and I just wanted to make it fun! We have a saying in the parts business I coined years ago{ From Zero to Hero and Hero to Zero in two seconds flat!} All it take is one mistake! I will go back to a less Dramatic Posting Style. I will Start from Scratch on this one!

KC
Old 2/10/05, 09:30 PM
Mach 1 Member

Cool Post Kevin, I thought it was fun, but I knew what you were upto. I will tell you all on here that Kevin is awsome to do business with. I ordered the IUP steering wheel, sill plates and auto shift **** from him. His prices were better than I could get the same items locally. Plus his email correspondence and phone conversations made it an easy and very painless sale. Heck he sent me step by step instructions w/ pictures for the installs. The steering wheel will be done tomorrow by the dealer using an hour labor charge. I don't mess with airbags.
So in closing I say lighten up on his post here, he was just having some fun and offering some good info. If you are interested in any parts he is the man. Thanks Kevin for a good sales experience.
Old 2/10/05, 10:10 PM
Cobra Member

Kevin, thanks for the picture and the information. I thought it was a cool topic and I happened to like how you did it.
Now I have hope about getting the information readout. My atlima has a really cool info readout that I miss it while driving in my Mustang!
Old 2/10/05, 10:19 PM

Originally posted by kevinv-6@February 10, 2005, 9:13 PM
Kevin, thanks for the picture and the information. I thought it was a cool topic and I happened to like how you did it.
Now I have hope about getting the information readout. My atlima has a really cool info readout that I miss it while driving in my Mustang!
Thanks!

I will do a more GiT er Done Post on this and provide a link!

KC
Old 2/10/05, 11:14 PM

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/index.php?showtopic=15841

Here is how to do it!

KC
Old 2/11/05, 01:17 AM
Mach 1 Member

I thought how you explained was cool and creative, KC!
Old 2/11/05, 07:01 AM
Cobra Member

Old 2/11/05, 08:31 AM
GT Member

I thought it was good creative writing.

Some people on this sight are so uptight. They need a good one of these
Old 2/11/05, 09:19 AM
Queen Of Nascar

Very Creative writing and an interesting read. I like mystery & drama!!
This is BIG news to anyone that really wanted IUP and did not get it.

Quick Reply: Figure this one out