The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   Ford OEM Parts {Oem Ford Parts Information & Links} (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f700/)
-   -   Andrew Casey's Cancer Battle (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f700/andrew-caseys-cancer-battle-482124/)

05stangkc 9/30/11 11:48 AM

I and the Casey Family are Honored to have such caring extended Family.

Mgb,

Kc

05stangkc 9/30/11 12:58 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I would like to share this Award that Andrew recieved in 2008. Out of all the AutoShop Students that year he was chosen.

What is remarkable and something I never mentioned while Andrew was with us is that he had some learning Disabilities caused by the Chemo during his first diagnoses. It made it hard for him to process some info such as math and made it difficult to concentrate.

I have some other insight to share at a later time as well. His autoshop teacher was his favorite teacher and spoke at his funeral. I will share the story in time as it was very well recieved and is a bittersweet story I never knew.

In my busy schedule working out of town I missed many of The Kids Activities but I am happy to say I was in Attendance at this Awards ceremony. I truly regret having not taken more time off to be at my childrens events.

Don't make the same mistake I did as you can't go back. I talked to Andrew about this before his passing and he understood I wanted to be there more often and I get some comfort there.

Mgb,

KC

05stangkc 10/4/11 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by 05stangkc (Post 5956653)
UPDATE

The Doctors say Andrew is not going to make it. The pneumonia is going to end his fight.

I simply can't say anything but, we need all the prayers we can get.

Only a miracle will save him!

KC

One Year Ago Today!

Certain Dates are Forever etched in my mind.

This is a big one. 10/04/10 The Day the Doctors Gave up.

kc

Kona Blur 10/4/11 01:31 PM

Stay strong on this tough day Kevin... Andrew wouldn't want you to have an annual day of sorrow. Remember the good times and use his energy to make others who are hurting today (wife, siblings) feel his positive energy...
(sry if I sound 'preachy'... One love)

cdynaco 10/4/11 01:41 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I was thinking of you last night. I love the Pro Mod's and just got around to watching the DVR. Andrew and your family was the first thing I thought of. Here's why:

2005GTDELUXE 10/4/11 02:59 PM

I remember they day they gave up. on my mother. Not easy.

topbliss 10/4/11 06:49 PM

be strong on the 10th Kevin.... God Bless..

05stangkc 10/7/11 04:16 PM

1 Attachment(s)
On a Bright note!

Sarah is wanting Dad to Teach her more about Cars. Tommorrow we pressure wash the fairlane undercarriage and I will be supervising a Trans Service on the C6 and and Inspection of what needs replacing on the dreaded power steering ram assist. It's leaking a bit more than I like. That system was not one of Ford's Better idea's.

She enjoys the Hands on but it's a bittersweet reminder of the projects Andrew & I did over the years. I will try & focus on the positive and move forward. It's Difficult with all his Tools & Stuff out in the Garage reminding me of the loss. I guess it's all Sarah's now as those were his wishes.

It's nice she shares the love of the same kind of cars & music as Andrew & I. I will count this as a blessing to the healing process. Tg for daddy's girl!

Have a great weekend!

Mgb,

KC

05stangkc 10/15/11 11:44 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I recieved this Pic & Paragraph in an email from and old TMS Friend Customer Today. I liked it so much I had to post it.

Mgb,

Kc

Keep the sunny side up and you will go far,..... sometimes in the darkest of times your friends will pick you up and carry you when you can’t walk through life...and you will get there.

Ripstang 10/16/11 11:01 AM

Wow.....

Kevin my friend I'm so glad you enjoyed my e-mail!

I know that in my worst of times it was my friends and family that got me through it all.

They stood by me :)

05stangkc 10/17/11 06:05 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The Smile we always Remember from the Son we will never Forget.

Kc

topbliss 10/18/11 05:49 AM

great picture of him Kev.. The smile is so genuine..

05stangkc 11/21/11 01:49 PM

A Great Email I got from RIPSTANG. Feel Free to cut & paste to send to Friends. It seems so appropriate in Andrews Section.

WHAT IF THERE ISN'T ANYMORE

One day a woman's husband died, and on that clear, cold morning, in the warmth of their bedroom, the wife was struck with the pain of learning that sometimes there isn't "anymore". No more hugs, no more special moments to celebrate together, no more phone calls just to chat, no more "just one minute."

Sometimes, what we care about the most gets all used up and goes away, never to return before we can say good-bye, say "I love you."So while we have it, it's best we love it, care for it, fix it when it's broken and heal it when it's sick.

This is true for marriage.....And old cars... And children with bad report cards, and dogs with bad hips, and aging parents and grandparents. We keep them because they are worth it, because we are worth it.

Some things we keep -- like a best friend who moved away or a sister-in-law after divorce. There are just some things that make us happy, no matter what.

Life is important, like people we know who are special.. And so, we keep them close!

I received this from someone who thought I was a 'keeper'! Then I sent it to the people I think of in the same way... Now it's your turn to send this to all those people who are "keepers" in your life, including the person who sent it, if you feel that way. Suppose one morning you never wake up, do all your friends know you love them?

Let every one of your friends know you love them. Even if you think they don't love you back. And just in case I'm gone tomorrow:

I LOVE YA!!!

Live today because tomorrow is not promised.

05stangkc 11/21/11 02:00 PM

The Holidays are approching and my family will be very shaky at the one year mark of so many special last times. I have been having a lot more good days lately but every so often the reality comes back and hits me square in the face and knocks me to the ground.

I had to really talk myself out of bed this A.M. I was dreaming of Andrew at about 10 Years old and then the Dog's Barking woke me up as he was walking towards me in the Dream. He appeared pretty much like the pic in post 851.

I then remembered when Andrew got his first job and I had to get him rolling of bed before I left for work. Today I heard his voice in my mind speaking the same words I would tell him to get moving & put one foot in front of the other. It was surreal and I felt as if he was watching over me these days.

Missing You!

Love Dad!

topbliss 11/21/11 07:29 PM

Kevin, your posts bring tears to my eyes every one I read. I think of our Son and know all the feelings you are feeling towards your Son and what he meant to you. God Bless..

05stangkc 11/22/11 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by topbliss (Post 6184084)
Kevin, your posts bring tears to my eyes every one I read. I think of our Son and know all the feelings you are feeling towards your Son and what he meant to you. God Bless..

Thank You!

Today I recieved an email from a former co-worker informing me of another former co-worker who was just diagnosed with stomach and intestinal cancer. I was asked if I could & would help with steering them towards financial aid & advice for the journey. They do not know I have been asked at this point & I hope they give me a call.

I would definetly use any knowledge I accquired through Andrews journey to help ease the process. He is a young man with a wife & 3 children and I know what a daunting & overwhelming task is ahead of them. I can think of no better way to honor Andrews Memory than to put to use these skills.

Mgb,

Kc

topbliss 11/23/11 06:19 AM

Thjat would be great to help your co worker like tha6t Kev.. For sure..

Ripstang 12/3/11 01:36 PM

Your kindness and gratitude always overwhelms me Kevin,
God bless us all this Christmas Season.:grouphug:

05stangkc 12/7/11 05:58 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Andrew, It's almost your Birthday, Christmas, News years and our Last day together !

Mommy, Daddy & Sissy miss you!

It's almost been a year since we celebrated your very last Birthday, Christmas & New Years with us. You are so missed this first year. We will never stop missing you! We lost you January 06 2010. It's our D-Day our 911 forever more.

These songs are for you son!

Love Dad!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6t4Zs5Yq_k
Eric Clapton Tears in heaven

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCOS2vOxuXE
Andrew Gold Lonely Boy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUwjNBjqR-c
Cats in the cradle Harry Chapin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Q7Vr...eature=related
Stairway to Heaven HD Live

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcWTTs8QVRc
Guns & Roses Knocking on Heavens Door