The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   Ford OEM Parts {Oem Ford Parts Information & Links} (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f700/)
-   -   Andrew Casey's Cancer Battle (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f700/andrew-caseys-cancer-battle-482124/)

houtex 4/13/11 10:32 PM

Kevin, I don't know about your cemetary there, but at my grandfather's, it's a fact that *anything* left on the sites is taken up immediately, except flowers, which are left for a week, then gone. Even the plastic ones.

It's to do with promoting sameness everywhere and generally a clean look to the place.

You may want to check with them to see if this is the case here as well.

05stangkc 4/13/11 10:54 PM

Originally Posted by houtex (Post 6051842)
Kevin, I don't know about your cemetary there, but at my grandfather's, it's a fact that *anything* left on the sites is taken up immediately, except flowers, which are left for a week, then gone. Even the plastic ones.

It's to do with promoting sameness everywhere and generally a clean look to the place.

You may want to check with them to see if this is the case here as well.

After the first Item was taken a Hot Wheels Charger which was in a basket we asked. They never remove anything. Also all the other Items are still there. My wife put some BEE ornaments on stakes in the ground. But thanks for the idea.

Kc

tapd117 4/14/11 01:36 AM

Hey KC,

Glad to see you back on the forum, hoping each day will get a little easier to make it to the next one.

GG

topbliss 4/14/11 05:59 AM

Originally Posted by 05stangkc (Post 6051835)
A lot of people do the same at this cemetary.That is leave trinkits & the Like. Problem is some Apartment buildings & a school on two sides of the Cemetary. People Take short cuts and jump the fence. A sidewalk runs right by his plot & there are benches so it's a natural more often traveled path. We saw this firsthand when we were visiting.

KC

Karma will get them..:(

catman 4/15/11 07:01 PM

My first stop at TMS for a while. Welcome back Kevin, and keep pluggin away at that Charger.

05stangkc 4/30/11 02:59 PM

Andrew got a Visit Today

1 Attachment(s)
My precious Sister Barb left this world today. She had fought Cancer for 5 years and finally could hang on no more. She had told me that Andrew would be her first stop in the next life. She knew that would comfort us.

She was a wonderful sister and always looked after baby brother. I will miss her dearly. I share some vintage pics of my Sister my Two Brothers my Mom & Great grandma.

Just us brothers left and my oldest brother just got out of the hospital. He had a heart attack but is doing ok at the present.

Andrew is in very good company very good company indeed but losing sister reopens my wound today.

Mgb,

KC

07S197 4/30/11 03:05 PM

Sorry to hear this Kevin, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

2005GTDELUXE 4/30/11 03:37 PM

KC, I am sorry to hear of your loss of your sister. My brother joined my mom Oct 2010. He also had cancer and was 45. I have alot of great memories with him especially cars. They will always fill a place in our hearts.
-Rich

houtex 4/30/11 07:05 PM

Aw, man... My sincere condolences, Kevin.

Andretti1 5/1/11 10:42 AM

my condolences Kevin to you and your family.

Andretti

tigerhonaker 5/1/11 12:23 PM

Sorry about your Loss Kevin. :(

Terry aka "tigerhonaker"

maucoin65 5/2/11 07:24 PM

Oh, man....we lift you up, my friend....lean on us, we'll carry you for a while. But I know you, this "one - two punch" won't defeat you. Carry on, may God bless.

edumspeed 5/5/11 07:28 PM

So sorry for your loss KC.

topbliss 5/6/11 06:13 AM

so sorry Kevin..... She will be happy to see Andrew I an sure..

05stangkc 5/9/11 08:26 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Andrew Looking out for his car from Above!

We just had a Freak Storm pass through. A half an hour before it was beautiful outside. Sarah had just washed her fairlane and was going to leave it in the open workspot so I could tighten the p/s belt in the A.M.

I had just came in and heard the wind blowing things around and decided it might me a good Idea to move her car as the neighbor has a tall tree that like to lose branches. I moved her car and secured the Canopies a bit better and a few minutes later two branches came down at once. Notice in the second pic a tie down between the lamp post and the canopy. I had just put that on. It's whats holding the Tree's from collapsing the canopy further.

Sarah's car would have had the roof totally caved about a foot and a half and glass broke out no doubt. Oh BTW every joint on my Canopies are bolted together. It makes them a whole lot more secure. If they had just been slip fitted as supplied the whole thing would have collapsed.

Notice how close Andrews car came to damage but was unscathed by inches. Had this happened a few hours later it would have been a totally different outcome!

I almost moved Andrews car to the other spot a few weeks back but changed my mind. Good Thing.

The neighbor will be trimming the Tree way back now.

Chainsaws in the A.M. to remove the branches!

An hour later and it's calm and clear!

We all would have been heartbroken if Andrew's Car would have been Damaged.

Thanks Andrew for looking out for Us!

We all miss you so!

Dad

slowjoe24 5/10/11 10:32 AM

God is my Shelter in Times of Storm!!!

07stangme 5/13/11 06:15 PM

Hey Kevin, I just read this and i am so sorry to hear about your sister. I know we had conversations about her and her illness. I am so sorry. I am sure Andrew was there to meet her and welcome her. God bless you and your family Kevin. You and your family are in our prayers. Stay strong friend and keep your head up.

obofglob 5/13/11 09:18 PM

We are very sorry for your loss Kevin .

ShowGT 5/15/11 09:38 PM

Kevin, sorry to hear about your lost. I have been deployed since mid March with recovery efforts and storm relief. I hope this explains where I have been. I need to catch up with you at some point, got a envelope returned to me from your address awhile back and been out of town. I make no excuse, I done things for Andrew and you family, I gave you time to be with the family and this explains why I have not called you either. I do have something I am looking for and will be in touch. God Bless and Good Night from the Midwest.

05stangkc 5/25/11 03:49 PM

Well ,

I am back in the Saddle once more. The Loss of my Sister put me back in the MIA Zone for awhile. Emails & Pm's Backed up. After a Decent Restart a month ago I had my world shaken again. All I can do is let everybody know whats going on & move forward.

I no longer have the luxury of being able to sit idle. I must keep on with Selling my collectibles on Ebay and Pursure my Endevors on TMS. My life came to a halt but the bills & responcibilities did not. So hopefully the big storms have passed for now. I don't know how many more I can weather.

Mgb,

KC