Ford Discussions Non-Mustang Ford Products

Why can't ford give us this kinda motor?

Search this Thread

Old 6/5/07, 09:07 PM
bob
Legacy TMS Member

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by don_w
62 posts and I never did figure out why this thread is in a 2005 Mustang GT Performance and Tech section...
Hmmm... well maybe they can out brake a mustang I had a V8 tundra riding my **** up to about the century mark when I decide to pull into the right lane and let him stroke his ego with his big ol' bad V8 truck, only to see his brake lights come on as I watch the guy try and haul his truck down from around 100 as he runs into the state police on the side of the road.
Old 6/5/07, 09:19 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bob
Hmmm... well maybe they can out brake a mustang I had a V8 tundra riding my **** up to about the century mark when I decide to pull into the right lane and let him stroke his ego with his big ol' bad V8 truck, only to see his brake lights come on as I watch the guy try and haul his truck down from around 100 as he runs into the state police on the side of the road.
Old 6/6/07, 12:41 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by kevinb120
I wonder how long Toyota will be so helpful if the problem persists, the known sludging issues with older toyota 6's results in Toyota fighting it in court rather then recalling 6 million vehicles. I've known people who have replaced a motor in a toyota because of it and blamed themselves and still consider the car reliable

I've seen the Tundra up close, small frame, thin metal, narrow leaf springs, tack welds and rivets underneath. Front suspension perches are between silverado and F-150, but the hardware is all undersized(typical toyota, minimize bolt sizes everywhere). Nothing special about it, other then the engine it is still about 10 years behind the current F-150 chassis. They only do what the specs on paper look good(i.e. large rotor diameter, but not very thick). Interior is cheap-people will kid themselves because they are somehow drawn to toyota's silver painted plastic like a crow to a bottlecap-but the materials are cheap.
i cant throw toyota under the bus too fast, there are still dealers doing sludge jobs gratis to the consumer. my friend has done a few in the past year. just like the runflat tire debacle on the new sienna. Even though it wasnt even an issue caused by toyota themselves.