Ford Discussions Non-Mustang Ford Products

Transit!

Search this Thread

Old 11/24/07, 04:16 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Transit!

Whats up everybody! So I moved from Montreal to London a couple months ago. Its been cool seeing the FoE lineup, the new Mondeo is really nice, and all over the place. Euro focus is cool, the fiesta is an awesome car that should already be in North America, even before the new verve version comes around. But! I wanna talk about the Transit! And Transit Connect. First of all, I've got a job as a mobile electric vehicle mechanic, and I work out of a Transit Connect which has been a pleasure to drive. I hadn't had much experience on manual transmission before, and I was definitely intimidated at dealing with that, driving on the left, and an unfamiliar city all at the same time, but the tranny has been the least of my concerns as it is just so smooth. This one has the zetec focus engine, although it can run on LPG so that's a good deal. But overall, its just a really good format of vehicle. Really small and nimble, I'm guessing a similar wheel base to a focus, but a generous work van rear, big enough for a full set of tools and a bunch of spare parts for these little EVs I work on.

I'm pretty sure the Transit Connect is confirmed for North America, which is great news as far as I'm concerned. I just wanna put in my word for the regular transit as well. Some are definitely concerned that it can't really replace the Econoline for the heavier duty stuff. And I guess I do agree, I just think there's room for both a Transit for the lighter stuff, and E-450+ Econolines for the heavy stuff. Nevertheless, I just thought this thing looked cool. Not quite as pretty as that Sport version of the Transit (google it if you don't know it), but this thing definitely looks pretty tough!

Anyway, just a hello from across the pond. I may get to see some nice FoE cars, but hey, at least y'all have a sweet new green mustang (and I'm not being sarcastic, i think the bullit is awesome). Here's lookin forward to NAIAS.
Attached Thumbnails Transit!-img_1822.jpg   Transit!-img_1823.jpg  
Old 11/24/07, 05:54 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
It's here already...

not on sale 'til next year though.
http://cache.jalopnik.com/cars/asset...nect-SoCal.jpg
Old 11/24/07, 06:27 PM
Cam Tease

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Strange.
Old 11/25/07, 07:25 AM
Post *****

Received 72 Likes on 65 Posts
Good to hear from you. Glad things are going well in London!
Old 11/25/07, 01:33 PM
Post *****

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I was wondring why I hadn't seen any of your posts in a while.

Glad to see things are going well!

You should lift your Transit