Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
OPEN LETTER TO FORD MOTOR COMPANY

Mr. James D. Farley
Group V.P. of Marketing and Communications
16800 Executive Plaza Drive
Dearborn, Michigan 48126

Dear Mr. Farley,

I have so many ideas for Ford it kinda consumes me sometimes. I sit thinking of what Fords next move should be. When Alan Mulally showed up I got more interested. He seemed to be doing what no one could or wanted to do in the past. One Ford is the way forward. Europe and Australia have some great ideas and talent. The US has great designs and merging the two should be easy. Some concepts I have may be being implemented at Ford as we speak but hey, great minds think alike. Here goes...

Ford Capri: Bring it back to Europe and the US (Not just because I'd buy one) Base it on the next Global Ford Focus that will grace our shores in 2011.

Ford Fusion Hybrid: Add it to the Transit Connect For NYC and other big city Cab Fleets. (Picture Included)

Ford Racing: I have a plan for the Mustang Challenge. The Miller Cup Series added this year with the FR500S. The concept revolves around High School Technical Institutes. We get talented kids from around the country to participate in the races as pit crew. They learn in the classroom and on the track.
The best of the best get the opportunity for careers with other pit crews in NASCAR , Grand-Am and the like. I can even see this becoming a reality show on Speed TV. On another racing note we can start a more greener kind of racing and somewhat cheaper form of competition when the Ford Fiesta shows up in 2010. Start a Fiesta ST Championship like they have in England.

Ford Fiesta: This needs to be the next small BIG thing. Ford Dealers should have a lot of used Minis on their lots. Advertising should be viral and take on the same “Scion” theme you created with Toyota.
In addition we should give the customer 3, 4, and 5 door choices...Gas Prices are at $4^ in NYC.

Regional Promos: “Gotham Edition” for New York as an example. But the creations are endless for each US region. The Gotham edition has some “Batman” darkness about it. I Have Pics.

Vehicle Personalization: SEMA showed what Ford's In-house design can do and honestly it was better than most aftermarket companies put out.

SVT: Bring it back fully. We had 10 years of history from 1993 Cobra R to Terminator. Other car makers took Fords idea and ran with it (SRT). Just keep it exclusive and priced right.

One quick Lincoln Idea: “Lincoln” In the White House for 2009. MKS and MKT.

Mercury: Merkur done right or get rid of it. No more twins.

Ford Bronco: Base it on the concept from 2004. Build it on the Brazilian EcoSport chassis.

EcoBoost: Bring it on...in everything. Mustang could use TwinForce By EcoBoostmoniker.

Ford Focus/Fusion/Edge Line: Use a Sport Edition for pumped up versions of each like Ford did with the Sport Blue 2009 Edge shown at this years auto shows.

Colors: Ford has amazing colors on it's concepts and this years Tuxedo Black blew me away. We need more unique colors and Ford Exclusive Hues that scream. Inside lighting has improved with the ambient option but I think Ford should go with ICE Blue across the line. Blue is better looking than green and a new study from the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Commission shows that blue lights keep people awake and more alert while driving . Lincoln should go with Crystal White across their line.

Smaller than the Fiesta?: I have a feeling the Ka would sell in the US... Put it against the Smart Car, Th!nk's Electric Car and BMW's upcoming Isetta city car. Heck, even design it as a plug-in for city commuters.

Marketing: Continue with YouTube, Flickr, and other websites but pump it up with new vigor.
Drive One could be shown through customer home video 30 sec. spots seen on YouTube and at what cost to Ford... Zero. Competitions for best video gets Dealer incentives and such.

Guerrilla Marketing: “BUY TWO GET THE THIRD ONE FREE”
Customers buy their first Ford Vehicle on a 6 year financing plan. They drive that car for the entirety.
They come back and buy their second Ford Vehicle, drive that for the length of the financing they choose. Third time back they get a two year lease free or two years free financing plus 0% free financing for the rest of the term...Or Something to that effect.

Custom Key FOBS: Design custom FOBS with the Model specified logos. I have Pics.

Special Vehicle Promotions: Ford has done well in this arena. If I had it my way the Flex would have been the American Popemobile for this past years visit. Hey, that IS aiming “Higher”. On a similar and more down to earth idea... The Ford Flex Picnic Tour. Memorial Day to Labor Day 2008/09. Get a fleet of Cinnamon Flex's and paint the roof, literally. Picture a painted wicker basket roof with a built in picnic table and grill. Pull up to parks and beaches and start a cook out. Next a TITANIUM Ford F-150, a step above the Platinum edition. This would be packed with the new Ford Work Solutions. Take this truck to Home Depot and Lowe's stores. Find out where the plumbers, electricians, and other laborers have their conventions and show them our stuff. Have a Cinco De Mayo Ford Fiesta next year for the chance to be the first to own a 2010 Fiesta and to individually customize their car. Ford Focus coupe could add a glassroof option or even a retractable full length canvas roof (Think Citroen 2CV). For Ford Mustang fans a Summer Edition, the “Sunset Surfer”. Back in 1993 Ford launched the Canary Yellow LX convertible. Now for 2009 take the V6 Mustang in Grabber Orange and add Black 18” (Shelby GT) wheels. Put on a GT hood scoop and GT500 rear wing and paint them black also. Add the V6 Cold Air Intake. On the interior use orange stitching on the leather seats and on the Bullitt style steering wheel. Then for the fun. Install a CDC Light Bar and attach to it a sweet orange and black Ford logoed Surfboard (See Picture). No press, just send them to dealers in Florida, Texas, and California (about 500), have the public let the others know, they are louder than any print ad out there. These could be done at Ford's Vehicle Personalization factory which I could be a part of.

Be a Movie Star: Continue placement of all Ford Branded cars from Fiesta (Bond) to GT500 (I Am Legend).

Parades, parades, parades: I pictured the Giants parade down the Canyon Of Heroes led by two GT500's. One would have been Vista Blue with White stripes and the other would have been Performance White with Red stripes. Well it could have happened again if the Rangers won the Stanley Cup. Oh, and the Redwings won...(White w/Red Stripe, Red w/White Stripe)

9,000,000th Mustang: This car should have caused more of a buzz. It should have been auctioned off on eBay with proceeds going to benefit a Ford Charity.

Next Taurus: Use it as the next “Cop Car” .NYPD cruises around in those hideous Impalas. Then totally dominate the market with the Global Rear Wheel Drive Platform in the future. We can't loose the Special Service Vehicle segment to Dodge.

Well these are just some of my ideas.
Thank you for listening. Sincerely,

Sean J. Sweeney

The brick walls are there to give us a chance to show how badly we want something.”

Old 6/12/08, 04:05 PM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
nice...did you send it?
Old 6/12/08, 04:26 PM
Team Mustang Source

Anyone here have...

a Ford Licencing Agreement?

My Idea is For Sale ...AT A PRICE!
Attached Images          
Old 6/12/08, 04:28 PM
Team Mustang Source

Gotham Edition...

Any NY TriState Dealers Interested?
Attached Thumbnails OPEN LETTER TO FORD MOTOR COMPANY-gotham-edge.jpg   OPEN LETTER TO FORD MOTOR COMPANY-gotham-f150.jpg   OPEN LETTER TO FORD MOTOR COMPANY-gotham-flex.jpg   OPEN LETTER TO FORD MOTOR COMPANY-gotham-fusion.jpg   OPEN LETTER TO FORD MOTOR COMPANY-gotham-stang.jpg  

Attached Images  
Old 6/12/08, 04:30 PM
Team Mustang Source

LINCOLN WHITEHOUSE in 2009
Attached Thumbnails OPEN LETTER TO FORD MOTOR COMPANY-inauguration-day-2009.jpg  
Old 6/12/08, 04:32 PM
Team Mustang Source

Other Misc. Stuff
Attached Thumbnails OPEN LETTER TO FORD MOTOR COMPANY-hybrdfusion2.jpg   OPEN LETTER TO FORD MOTOR COMPANY-popemobile.jpg  
Attached Images  

Last edited by Topnotch; 6/12/08 at 04:41 PM.
Old 6/12/08, 05:08 PM
TMS Post # 1,000,000
Serbian Steamer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Capri would be a wrong car for the USA. I would rather see Focus RS.

Forget the Bronco. SUVs are dead.

I would like to see Lincoln MKR and full size RWD Taurus with V8 (call it SHO).
Old 6/13/08, 12:14 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by Red Star
Capri would be a wrong car for the USA. I would rather see Focus RS.

Forget the Bronco. SUVs are dead.

I would like to see Lincoln MKR and full size RWD Taurus with V8 (call it SHO).
Pretty please Ford? At least some more power for my Police Interceptor CV!
Old 6/13/08, 12:50 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 107 Likes on 95 Posts
Ford Falcon in the USA.
http://mp3.news.com.au/hwt/images/fa...n-GT-P-big.jpg

Last edited by GrnT; 6/13/08 at 12:52 AM.
Old 6/13/08, 08:20 AM
The Mustang Source FOUNDER

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Sent to Mr. Farley.
Old 6/13/08, 08:28 AM
Needs to be more Astony

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Heck i want some gotham editions, bring em to Chicago.... batman was filmed here, we are more gotham then NY now!
Old 6/13/08, 02:18 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by GrnT
That is one of the few if not the only car that would get me to trade in the Stang as long as it's affordable.
Old 6/13/08, 02:30 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 107 Likes on 95 Posts
Originally Posted by Treadhead
That is one of the few if not the only car that would get me to trade in the Stang as long as it's affordable.
I would trade my truck for it but not the stang.
Old 6/13/08, 04:14 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I think Ford should make Trailer Trash Editions complete with mismatched wheelcovers and choices of gray or red primer... No charge option is a set of cinder blocks with each car model logo molded in...
Old 6/14/08, 02:10 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by GrnT
I would trade my truck for it but not the stang.
If I could afford both then I would be in the same boat but, thanks to the ex I'm in a one vehicle situation.

Maybe I'll have the Stang payed off before I have to worry about it which seems to be what will happen anyway.
Old 6/14/08, 03:27 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Topnotch
Smaller than the Fiesta?: I have a feeling the Ka would sell in the US... Put it against the Smart Car, Th!nk's Electric Car and BMW's upcoming Isetta city car. Heck, even design it as a plug-in for city commuters.

I agree: bring this over and sell it only in select dealerships in/around major cities and it will do well there. Especially with an EV or PIH version.
Completely bypass rural America and save some money.