Search this Thread

Old 6/22/07, 10:29 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Next F-150 interior shots

Old 6/22/07, 11:33 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I know they're trying to dispel the "brick" look and make the buttons easir on gloved hands, but I much prefer the current center stack. Instruments look good.
Old 6/23/07, 12:00 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
How about the rest of it?
Old 6/23/07, 06:26 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by GT40 2
How about the rest of it?
Good luck on that request, lol. The new F150 has got to be the MOST camo'ed vehicle I have ever seen. The shots of it, the ENTIRE truck is covered. Everything!!!
Old 6/23/07, 03:30 PM
FR500 Member

Originally Posted by Topnotch
Is it just me, or could Ford use a bit more gauges, controls, and buttons in there? Looks way too busy.
Old 6/23/07, 04:04 PM
Mach 1 Member

That fully integrated center stack is mucho sucko, how can you have a nav unit in there? or any aftermarket head unit for that matter?
Old 6/23/07, 08:25 PM
Closet American

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GM/Chevy pickup interior (i.e. Silverado) looks MUCH better than this.
Old 6/23/07, 08:50 PM
Bullitt Member

I looked at a new Tahoe recently, and I have to say that I was let down with it. The interior styling and quality just wasn't as good as the new Expedition. I haven't been in a new Silverado, but it looks worse appearance wise. The new F-150 styling wise isn't what I was hoping for, but I bet the quality will be there, and with the right trim level it will probably look great.
Old 6/23/07, 09:03 PM
Closet American

Originally Posted by instigator311
I looked at a new Tahoe recently, and I have to say that I was let down with it. The interior styling and quality just wasn't as good as the new Expedition. I haven't been in a new Silverado, but it looks worse appearance wise. The new F-150 styling wise isn't what I was hoping for, but I bet the quality will be there, and with the right trim level it will probably look great.
Au contraire, mon fraire, I too have looked at the interior of the new Tahoe. Freakin' LIGHT YEARS ahead of the Expedition.

Let's see if that pic gets deleted, too.
Old 6/23/07, 09:47 PM
Bullitt Member

To each his own, but I found the Tahoe to be bland and flimsy on the inside, exterior was nice though. I'd much rather have the new Expedition, I wish the F-150 stuck closer to this...definately not LIGHT YEARS behind by any means.

Now that's what I'm talkin about.
Attached Thumbnails Next F-150 interior shots-exi.jpg  
Old 6/23/07, 10:21 PM
TMS Post # 1,000,000
Serbian Steamer

I can't wait for new F-150.
Comapred to Silverado and Tundra, it looks really old.
Old 6/23/07, 10:41 PM
Bullitt Member

i see no shaker system, also all the extra gauges...turbo desiel?
Old 6/24/07, 06:30 AM
Post *****

Received 72 Likes on 65 Posts
Originally Posted by Red Star
I can't wait for new F-150.
Comapred to Silverado and Tundra, it looks really old.
In your humble opinion. I think the F150 still looks quite good. (Image from autoblog.com)

Old 6/24/07, 01:42 PM
TMS Post # 1,000,000
Serbian Steamer

It looks great, but still old.
Old 6/25/07, 07:18 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by rocket88
That fully integrated center stack is mucho sucko, how can you have a nav unit in there? or any aftermarket head unit for that matter?
Chris, I drive a 2008 Escape with the new "poke through" buttons. I love the center stack. The controls are logically placed, large enough to grab without looking, and its very intuitive. Not busy at all. This style looks much cleaner. As for a Nav unit. they will have a totally different center stack for a Nav system. So, if you want to get an aftermarket radio, you can probably get the other center stack trim with the opening for a Double-Din unit.

Also, about Ford's new HVAC control design. For years people have been complaining and b****ing about the ugly block-style radio thats the same in EVERY car/truck/SUV and cheap A/C *****. They finally do something about it (and it looks GOOD, especially in the new Ford Flex) and people still complain. Ford can't win I guess.
Old 6/26/07, 02:58 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by 05fordgt
Chris, I drive a 2008 Escape with the new "poke through" buttons. I love the center stack. The controls are logically placed, large enough to grab without looking, and its very intuitive. Not busy at all. This style looks much cleaner. As for a Nav unit. they will have a totally different center stack for a Nav system. So, if you want to get an aftermarket radio, you can probably get the other center stack trim with the opening for a Double-Din unit.

Also, about Ford's new HVAC control design. For years people have been complaining and b****ing about the ugly block-style radio thats the same in EVERY car/truck/SUV and cheap A/C *****. They finally do something about it (and it looks GOOD, especially in the new Ford Flex) and people still complain. Ford can't win I guess.
I couldn't agree more. No matter what Ford does, some people (Ford haters) will critisize. I have the new Escape and I feel like I'm driving a much more expensive vehicle. I think they did a great job with it.
Old 6/26/07, 03:00 PM
Closet American

Originally Posted by 97svtgoin05gt
I couldn't agree more. No matter what Ford does, some people (Ford haters) will critisize.
Yup, everyone who criticizes Ford AT ALL must be a Ford hater.

Old 6/27/07, 08:57 AM
Cobra R Member

I gotta say, I MUCH prefer both the Ford interiors pictured in this thread over that Tahoe interior. The Tahoe's looks really weird and bulbous, while the Ford ones are nice and modern looking, much more luxurious in my opinion.
Old 6/27/07, 11:12 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by 05fordgt

I've only owned 14 different Ford products in my life, so they win in my book. I've always prefered Ford interiors to any other brand that I've owned or driven. I prefer the cheap A/C ***** and ugly double din radio, I guess I'm just old fashioned. Aftermarket audio systems will always be better than factory, and it's nice when they make it easy to swap out...that's all I'm sayin. I'm sure the aftermarket will come up with something that looks nice, it is the best selling truck ever after all.
Old 7/3/07, 05:26 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Hollywood_North GT
Au contraire, mon fraire, I too have looked at the interior of the new Tahoe. Freakin' LIGHT YEARS ahead of the Expedition.

Let's see if that pic gets deleted, too.
Until you see it out of pretty lighting and start touching stuff. Even the 'slade is el cheapo. I have PLENTY of experience with just about all normal vehicles all the time. I drive just about everything.

Quick Reply: Next F-150 interior shots