The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   Ford Discussions (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f697/)
-   -   It's Not a Mustang But!!! it's a Ford (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f697/its-not-mustang-but-its-ford-537301/)

XW Coyote 5/27/15 09:39 PM

The work shop is a bit dark but I cannot wait to see the full car painted in this colour

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...aser%20Pic.jpg

2 Go Snake 5/29/15 07:20 PM

ooohh, that blue is a fabulous color. Please tell us more about your car hauler. What year truck is it ? What kind of engine is in the truck ? Does the truck have a 2 speed rearend ?

tukatz 5/29/15 07:44 PM

Great color!!!

XW Coyote 6/2/15 07:58 PM

Hi,

My first post in this thread gives a brief history of this model car. It is basically a 4 door sedan that Ford used as a family car and also developed factory options that could be purchased to improve handling and performance.

Ford also developed a race spec version that they used in production car racing.

As far as the diff goes it will be a Ford 9" either True Trac or LSD centre

XW Coyote 6/2/15 08:04 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I've done a bit of a dummy mock up of the stance of the car. These are not the wheels I will be using I borrowed them from a mate.

The Rear wheels are 20" and the Front will have 19". Ground clearance to the lowest part of the car will be 4.5 inches.
Attachment 187878

Attachment 187879

TripleBlack14 6/3/15 04:28 AM

Originally Posted by XW Coyote (Post 6929422)
I've done a bit of a dummy mock up of the stance of the car. These are not the wheels I will be using I borrowed them from a mate.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...he%20front.jpg

What are those wheels that are on now for the mock-up? They're very hot looking.

Ks5.0 6/3/15 06:07 AM

Looking very good! Makes me want to get to work on my 63 1/2 Galaxie.

XW Coyote 6/3/15 06:58 AM

Originally Posted by TripleBlack14 (Post 6929450)
What are those wheels that are on now for the mock-up? They're very hot looking.

I'm pretty sure they are Boyd Corrington Junk Yard Dog wheels

XW Coyote 6/3/15 07:01 AM

Originally Posted by Ks5.0 (Post 6929458)
Looking very good! Makes me want to get to work on my 63 1/2 Galaxie.

Thanks, things will slow down for awhile. Can't really do much now until my wheels are made. Then we can measure diff length and fit rear end

TripleBlack14 6/3/15 07:03 AM

Originally Posted by XW Coyote (Post 6929470)
I'm pretty sure they are Boyd Corrington Junk Yard Dog wheels

Thanks.

JoeMidnight 6/5/15 12:51 PM

Hello, Thank you for sharing this build with us. I LOVE that color! the ride height is awesome and thanks for sharing a bit of history from the car you are working on.

subscribed!

XW Coyote 6/5/15 10:49 PM

Thanks for the positive feed back and I'm glad your enjoying my build.

Paris MkVI 6/9/15 07:23 AM

Reminds me of one of my first cars, a '68 Falcon Futura 4 door. Previous owners had done some funky things to that car.

It came from the factory with the 200 CID straight six and 3-speed manual shift on the column. A previous owner put a Hurst floor shifter in and abandoned the column linkage - duct-taped the column! So, fancy shifter for the little six-banger.

Of yeah, and the car still had a bench front seat, so you had to have the seat back a certain amount or you could not get the car into 3rd gear. What were they thinking?

Thankfully your build is nothing like that car!

XW Coyote 6/9/15 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by Paris MkVI (Post 6930792)
Reminds me of one of my first cars, a '68 Falcon Futura 4 door. Previous owners had done some funky things to that car.

It came from the factory with the 200 CID straight six and 3-speed manual shift on the column. A previous owner put a Hurst floor shifter in and abandoned the column linkage - duct-taped the column! So, fancy shifter for the little six-banger.

Of yeah, and the car still had a bench front seat, so you had to have the seat back a certain amount or you could not get the car into 3rd gear. What were they thinking?

Thankfully your build is nothing like that car!

:lol: I think your Falcon Fatura 4 door is pretty much the same car. People do some strange things to their cars. They would have thought it was cool back then :lol:

XW Coyote 6/16/15 08:34 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I thought I'd share a picture of some bling that I've just had made.

Some Billet Alloy Camshaft Covers. What do you think?

I was going to run the stack injection but I've decided to run twin turbo's instead.

Attachment 187767

laserred38 6/16/15 11:34 PM

You selling the stacks? What kind of tuning would that setup require??

laserred38 6/16/15 11:34 PM

God I want those cam covers too!

XW Coyote 6/17/15 12:56 AM

Originally Posted by laserred38 (Post 6932129)
You selling the stacks? What kind of tuning would that setup require??

The company that made my cam covers makes the stack injection. They use a noted ecu that works on Alpha-N tuning.

The motec has full control over the coyote vvt-ti. I could not use it in the end because the system is designed for a manual. I want to run a the 6R80 trans. I looked into a stand alone TCM but there are none available for the 6R80 so twin turbo is the way I'm going know.

His stage 1 produces 520hp and his stage 2 with his cams is around 570 hp

XW Coyote 6/17/15 03:02 AM

Originally Posted by laserred38 (Post 6932130)
God I want those cam covers too!

I can see why

They are the only CNC billet cam covers that I'm aware of. Direct replacement for the factory covers.

I took me awhile to talk him into making them for me. They look great, I wanted something that looked old school for my build era.

XW Coyote 6/23/15 08:03 PM

Not much to report at the moment. My Bonspeed wheels have been delayed so I cannot measure and fit the rear end and drive shaft till they turn up.

Sh!t happens I guess :lol3: just have to be patient