Ford Discussions Non-Mustang Ford Products

Fusions?

Search this Thread

Old 8/30/05, 12:56 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
Does anyone know when we can expect to see Fusions arriving on dealer lots? Job 1 was early this month so I would expect to see them showing up soon.
Old 8/30/05, 01:06 PM
TMS Post # 1,000,000
Serbian Steamer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Are you planing to buy one?
Old 8/30/05, 01:20 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hey Mark, they haven't been officially released from the plant yet. Whenever Ford has a brand new product, they "Ramp Up" the production, which means, they won't release the cars until EVERYTHING is good to go. This is done to make sure there won't be any problems with the cars once they hit the showrooms, and then need to be brought back after they have been sold. My dealership has 2 produced, and sitting. They just released the official full price list yesterday on the car ($26,445 Fully Loaded V6 SEL with Everything). I figure if there isn't any issues, the cars should start to show up in the middle of September. If there is a "hiccup", then late September, early October. I can't wait for one myself. I really want to drive one to see how it is. 221 hp sounds fantastic in my books. Hope this answered your questions.
Old 8/30/05, 01:58 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally posted by Red Star@August 30, 2005, 2:09 PM
Are you planing to buy one?
Don't know. I am curious to see how they compare to the Mazda6. I want to see if Ford changed the suspension setup. I love the way the Mazda drives and want to see if the Fusion drives the same way.
Old 8/30/05, 01:59 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally posted by 05fordgt@August 30, 2005, 2:23 PM
Hey Mark, they haven't been officially released from the plant yet. Whenever Ford has a brand new product, they "Ramp Up" the production, which means, they won't release the cars until EVERYTHING is good to go. This is done to make sure there won't be any problems with the cars once they hit the showrooms, and then need to be brought back after they have been sold. My dealership has 2 produced, and sitting. They just released the official full price list yesterday on the car ($26,445 Fully Loaded V6 SEL with Everything). I figure if there isn't any issues, the cars should start to show up in the middle of September. If there is a "hiccup", then late September, early October. I can't wait for one myself. I really want to drive one to see how it is. 221 hp sounds fantastic in my books. Hope this answered your questions.
Thanks Jeff!
Old 8/30/05, 10:32 PM
Cobra R Member

All three of the american car mags have reviews of the fusion this month. I flipped through them today, i think i saw them say suspension wasn't quite as stiff as the mazda, but still pretty sporty, they all seemed to think ford did a good job on this car. They all liked the styling too, no nonsense but it stands out. I agree. Hopefully this car will turn the tide for ford.
Old 8/30/05, 11:14 PM
Post *****

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
i cant wait to see some fusions, i love the things :P
Old 8/31/05, 05:27 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally posted by mustang_sallad@August 30, 2005, 11:35 PM
All three of the american car mags have reviews of the fusion this month. I flipped through them today, i think i saw them say suspension wasn't quite as stiff as the mazda, but still pretty sporty, they all seemed to think ford did a good job on this car. They all liked the styling too, no nonsense but it stands out. I agree. Hopefully this car will turn the tide for ford.
Actually taking a little bit of the stiffness out wouldn't be bad. My Mazda tends to be a somewhat harsh at times. It's livable but a little less jarring would be nice.
Old 8/31/05, 08:02 AM
Cobra R Member

ya, i'm totally excited about this car. i was on vacation for a month, and i couldn't stop thinking that by the time i got home, there'd probably be a motor trend waiting for me and it would probably have a review of the fusion. didn't get the mag yet, but that's where the magazine store comes in handy to hold me over till i get it.

that post on ford's future says its not certain whether the fusion will get the duratec 35, whereas the zephyr probably will get it. To me it would be cool if there actually was a significant step up in power for the lincoln, but it'd be too bad if the fusion didn't get it.
Old 8/31/05, 08:23 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally posted by mustang_sallad@August 31, 2005, 9:05 AM
ya, i'm totally excited about this car. i was on vacation for a month, and i couldn't stop thinking that by the time i got home, there'd probably be a motor trend waiting for me and it would probably have a review of the fusion. didn't get the mag yet, but that's where the magazine store comes in handy to hold me over till i get it.

that post on ford's future says its not certain whether the fusion will get the duratec 35, whereas the zephyr probably will get it. To me it would be cool if there actually was a significant step up in power for the lincoln, but it'd be too bad if the fusion didn't get it.
I'm hoping there will be an ST version with the 35 and AWD.
Old 8/31/05, 08:23 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by 05fordgt@August 30, 2005, 3:23 PM
I hear the same thing that Jeff just said. Our dealership expects them late Sept. early Oct.

The brand new 06 Explorers are due to hit the lot any day now also!

I can't wait!
Old 8/31/05, 05:25 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by 1999 Black 35th GT@August 31, 2005, 8:26 AM
I hear the same thing that Jeff just said. Our dealership expects them late Sept. early Oct.

The brand new 06 Explorers are due to hit the lot any day now also!

I can't wait!
Yep Andy, the Fusion will be one heck of a car. I may have to get one for my next demo come spring time (my 2006 pony package V6 demo should get pulled tomorrow night). I can't wait to drive a Fusion.
Old 9/3/05, 12:42 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

I will be testdriving one in ten days.......
Old 9/3/05, 01:33 PM
Post *****

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
let us know how it goes! and take pleny of pics!!!!
Old 9/5/05, 05:54 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

I so want one

Should be in the Monday Car Delivery next week. I get to tear it up soon as the plastic gets removed.

The book I got on em makes them
Old 9/13/05, 08:47 AM
Bullitt Member

Any word on wether these things have been released yet? I'd like to check one out.
Old 9/13/05, 12:17 PM
Team Mustang Source

Mike, my dealership in in Montgomery County, Pennsylvania, and we haven't got one yet. From what we heard they are on their way. I hope one gets here by Saturday, as there is an annual car parade, and I want to take it to "introduce it", and see the reaction it gets from the crowd. This car is going to be BIG for Ford.
Old 9/13/05, 12:26 PM
My C/T is cooler than Arin is.

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
can't wait to see them!!
Old 9/13/05, 12:55 PM
Bullitt Member

Thanks for the info Jeff I am dying to see one. I tried to get my wife a five hundred and while she really like the car she thought it was a little to big.
Old 9/14/05, 07:27 AM
Team Mustang Source

Mike, your very welcome. If your wife was a little unfomfortable with the size of the 500, then she will absolutely LOVE the new Fusion. It will be a car that will change people's perceptions of Fords.

Quick Reply: Fusions?