Ford Discussions Non-Mustang Ford Products

Ford GT @ encinitas ford

Search this Thread

Old 6/18/05, 08:48 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
[attachmentid=24884][attachmentid=24885]If anyone's interested Encinitas ford has a red GT sitting on the corner of their lot...and it only has a 101k markup.
Old 6/18/05, 09:08 AM
FR500 Member

yea ok....for all the recalls its not wroth that much
Old 6/18/05, 09:26 AM
Bullitt Member

100k markup is insane.... i'm not saying i'd shell that out... BUT for collectibility that car is worth it. It's NEVER going to depreciate I don't think. So cars like that (ferraris, lambos, etc.) They're more of an investment than a purchase.... Like if you were able to drive around in your 401K! HAHA!
Old 6/18/05, 10:32 AM
TMS West Coast Correspondent

its been there for a month.....where you at the rods and woodies show ...?
Old 6/18/05, 11:19 AM
FR500 Member

101k markup...hahahahahaha
Old 6/18/05, 11:34 AM
Bullitt Member

They have that car out there on the lot just like a focus and next to a couple used cars...i just think it's funny that they take that bad care (of it (its dirty and has fingerprints everywhere) and still ask a 66% markup. When i was there, some guy was really interested in it, but when he said he won't pay THAT much of a markup, the salesman turned and walked away saying "f**k it, someone will".

rrobello
no i didn't go....i was at "crusin grand" in esco for a little bit last night though.
Old 6/18/05, 12:43 PM

yeah the sales people there stink....I went and checked it out a while ago and no one even wanted to help....and someone else was there as well wanting to buy it and they wouldnt even show it to him, they told me it would cost me $500 to have them open the doors, I thought they were kidding, but they werent, I know they have pissed several people off that have wanted to purchase the car, thats why its still sitting there after a month, its all scratched too when you open it, whoever that keeps putting it in the back every night has scracthed the door sill, I went and got the owners daughter who I know and she opened it up for me finally, the sales people were pissed, I dont get why one would be so unwilling to help sell you a car, isnt that how they make their money and with that markup that would be the biggest commision of their puney lives, but I complained to the owner and his daughter they supposedly got in trouble, because he wants to sell the car and they are not, they were rude to me when I went to try to order my GT from them. Obviously had to go elsewhere.
Old 6/18/05, 01:43 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by rrobello@June 18, 2005, 12:46 PM
yeah the sales people there stink....I went and checked it out a while ago and no one even wanted to help....and someone else was there as well wanting to buy it and they wouldnt even show it to him, they told me it would cost me $500 to have them open the doors, I thought they were kidding, but they werent, I know they have pissed several people off that have wanted to purchase the car, thats why its still sitting there after a month, its all scratched too when you open it, whoever that keeps putting it in the back every night has scracthed the door sill, I went and got the owners daughter who I know and she opened it up for me finally, the sales people were pissed, I dont get why one would be so unwilling to help sell you a car, isnt that how they make their money and with that markup that would be the biggest commision of their puney lives, but I complained to the owner and his daughter they supposedly got in trouble, because he wants to sell the car and they are not, they were rude to me when I went to try to order my GT from them. Obviously had to go elsewhere.

yeah...i went their first to buy our mustang, the salesmen were stupid so i left and bought it elsewhere...
as far a putting the GT inside at night...one of my employees lives down the street and took his son to look at it late last night....there it was sitting on the lot with the other cars just parked behind it.
they will learn when nobody buys the car because of the crappy condition it is in....
on another note, i just dropped my car off at north county ford in vista and they have a black one ropped off in their showroom with ONLY a 88k markup
Old 6/18/05, 02:01 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally posted by ...@June 18, 2005, 1:46 PM
yeah...i went their first to buy our mustang, the salesmen were stupid so i left and bought it elsewhere...
as far a putting the GT inside at night...one of my employees lives down the street and took his son to look at it late last night....there it was sitting on the lot with the other cars just parked behind it.
they will learn when nobody buys the car because of the crappy condition it is in....
on another note, i just dropped my car off at north county ford in vista and they have a black one ropped off in their showroom with ONLY a 88k markup
lol, only an 88k mark up that ones a bargain! there one at the ford dealer here in hopewell va. a silver with blue stripes. atleast there was twop weeks ago before i went on vacation. ill stop by on monday and see what they got!
Old 6/18/05, 02:29 PM

I dont know what time the last guy goes home but they do eventually put it in the back, I bartend just down the street and sometimes its put away before 9pm and sometimes it will sit there till 11pm before it disapears but eventually it goes into the back....still not covered you can see it through the fence, it sits out just locked up....youd think they would at least park in a service bay.
Old 6/18/05, 03:58 PM
Bullitt Member

if thats how they treat their "high end" cars...i can only imagine how "normal" cars are treated.......
i'm now glad i didn't buy from there.
Old 6/18/05, 04:25 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by ...@June 18, 2005, 6:01 PM
if thats how they treat their "high end" cars...i can only imagine how "normal" cars are treated.......
i'm now glad i didn't buy from there.

what about how they must treat there customers..
Old 6/18/05, 06:08 PM
V6 Member

wow.they had one at my local ford dealer russ milne, blue with white stripes for 140 grand....
Old 6/19/05, 11:47 AM
GT Member

By the end of this year, any remaining 05 Mustang GT's will have that kind of markup, lol
Old 6/19/05, 01:59 PM
Cobra Member

The dealer I bought mine from has a GT sitting in their showroom with a glass barrier up around it. They've been offered up to 300k for it and still said no.
Old 6/19/05, 03:10 PM
GT Member

detroit dealers i have seen them at:
Jerome Duncan - 1
Russ Milne - 1
Ed Schmidt - 2

They make them not too far from where i work. I have seen tons of them on the road and and around the saleen plant that assembles them. Its pretty cool to drive by the place because you can see them being made in the front windows. They also have a lobby area that always has one in. They rotate the cars in and out of there constantly. Theres the GT cut in half display from the auto show, a saleen stang, saleen focus, and a GT in the front right now. Amazing place
Old 6/19/05, 07:30 PM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
My local dealer's got one for $340,000. They were offered $300,000 and turned it down!