Ford Discussions Non-Mustang Ford Products

Ford Edge Concept previews new look, can park itself remotely

Search this Thread

Old 11/20/13, 04:42 AM
Post *****

Received 72 Likes on 65 Posts
Ford Edge Concept previews new look, can park itself remotely

http://www.autoblog.com/2013/11/20/f...itself-photos/

The new styling is an evolution of the current crossover's face with narrow headlights and a prominently slatted grille, while the rest of the design adds a more dynamic appearance with interesting body creases and horizontal taillights. We haven't gotten a look inside the Edge Concept just yet, but Ford is promising a suite of advanced driver-assist technologies including a new self-park system that allows activation from inside or outside the vehicle along with obstacle avoidance and an adaptive electric power steering system.
Old 11/20/13, 08:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
While the lower front valance "jaw line" looks a bit swollen and fussy, overall, it looks really nice. I wonder how faithfully Ford will be able to translate all this into the production version, though this looks like a lightly disguised production version so maybe there's hope this will make it to the showroom largely unmolested.

I wonder what powertrains it will be running?
Old 11/20/13, 08:52 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by rhumb
While the lower front valance "jaw line" looks a bit swollen and fussy, overall, it looks really nice. I wonder how faithfully Ford will be able to translate all this into the production version, though this looks like a lightly disguised production version so maybe there's hope this will make it to the showroom largely unmolested. I wonder what powertrains it will be running?
As of late ford has been turning their concepts almost directly into production models. So seeing as this one is already sort of toned down, I bet it's close to production.
Old 11/20/13, 12:02 PM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
It's a good looking vehicle.

At first I thought the rear lights were a bit too small for the rear (which look very Fusion-y), but once I took in the side/rear shot, you can see the side character line that runs from the side into the light. It looks really good.

Like that the front takes after the taurus more than the Fusion.
Old 11/20/13, 05:13 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Not bad. Interior looks very nice. Has anyone compared this to the leaked pic from earlier this year?
Old 11/20/13, 05:16 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by Overboost
Not bad. Interior looks very nice. Has anyone compared this to the leaked pic from earlier this year?
Looks pretty close, from memory at least. I'd guess the leaked pic was an SEL production model.
Old 11/20/13, 06:52 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by laserred38
Looks pretty close, from memory at least. I'd guess the leaked pic was an SEL production model.
I agree:

Old 11/22/13, 02:09 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
pretty much the same as the current.
Old 11/22/13, 02:33 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 53 Likes on 52 Posts
Someone sell me on this: why am I going to buy this vehicle? Why this and not an extended-cab F150? Why this and not a Taurus or Fusion?
Old 11/22/13, 02:41 PM
Post *****

Received 72 Likes on 65 Posts
Originally Posted by kcoTiger
Someone sell me on this: why am I going to buy this vehicle? Why this and not an extended-cab F150? Why this and not a Taurus or Fusion?
I suppose some people like having additional choices.
Old 11/22/13, 03:52 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by kcoTiger
Why does Audi sell a Q1, Q3, Q5, and Q7 in Europe? Same goes for BMW with the X1,X3, etc etc etc...

Like above, I guess people like to have more choices. Personally I think having 3 different sizes is enough. It's almost overkill.

Escape --> Edge --> Explorer

I wonder which two sell the most. My bet is the escape and explorer while the edge lags behind. Maybe I'm totally wrong though. Maybe many people are like goldilocks. The escape is too small, explorer too big, edge... Just right.
Old 12/8/13, 04:30 PM
legacy Tms Member MEMORIAL Rest In Peace 10/06/2021

Received 124 Likes on 100 Posts
A few months ago i bought my wife a $40,000+ 2013 Edge Limited. She loves it. The reason she loves it is because the quality was high and the ride is nice and smooth. The Escape was too small and had a cheap feel to it and the Explorer was way too big in size.

Because we bought her a new Edge, i have her permission to buy a new 2015 Mustang GT

I've noticed several Mustang people on this Forum and several other Mustang Forums also own an Edge. Just saying......
Old 12/9/13, 09:47 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by David Young
A few months ago i bought my wife a $40,000+ 2013 Edge Limited. She loves it. The reason she loves it is because the quality was high and the ride is nice and smooth. The Escape was too small and had a cheap feel to it and the Explorer was way too big in size. Because we bought her a new Edge, i have her permission to buy a new 2015 Mustang GT I've noticed several Mustang people on this Forum and several other Mustang Forums also own an Edge. Just saying......
We looked at the Edge too. It's like the "just right" size between the now-too-small Escape and unnecessarily large Explorer. We're anxious to see the new Edge, but we're also looking at possibly leasing a Fusion Energi or Focus Electric, as they can be had for $230-300/month right now with $0 down. Seems like the perfect type of car to lease, especially for the first few years of my son's life - the family car will be disposable!