Old 2/19/13, 11:54 AM
GTR Member

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Berry berry nice
Old 2/19/13, 01:47 PM
TMS Post # 1,000,000
Serbian Steamer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is it just me or does red Ford's front end looks a lot like a Plymouth 'Cuda?
Old 2/19/13, 01:51 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Zastava_101
Is it just me or does red Ford's front end looks a lot like a Plymouth 'Cuda?
I saw that too.
Old 2/20/13, 10:21 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It does a bit, too. It's the angle. View the XB in any other shot and it resembles the 73 Stang more than anything.

Here's a video of relating to the pic posted by Evil Capri.

Our forum was invited to this ceremony by Ford. Here are a couple of posts.

Originally Posted by HSE2
FPV to Ford

Right from the start, Ford to me, embraced the FPV brand identifying it as pivotal and essential. It comes at a time where there are questions where even something such as this is tainted by ridicule and forecasts of impending doom.
Here is what you need to know. This forum was there today to see for itself just how much Ford understood about FPV; the product and brand.

People that know me, my passion for the brand that is FPV and separate from Ford, know I am a very hard marker on this subject. What I saw today I couldn't fault and that's the bottom line. There is no bad here but for those inclined to read just a bit longer I hope to cover off most of peoples questions and concerns.

Continuity.

It was identified right from the word go that the last 10 years shouldn't go to waste. From a manufacturing perspective its nearly an exceptional replica of what FPV family day visitors would be accustomed to over at Glennbarry except it's probably even better. Even the paint on the floor looked suspiciously like that used in the last home of FPV.
To say it's exactly the same is stating a disservice. Something new and fresh brings a renewed focus, a chance to correct some short comings. It's day like this I wish I was still on AFF because there would have been a big helping of I told you so to those three people that thought a production line transformation would be the salvation- save questioning the feasibility.

For anyone bothered the current car has a level of hands on that might define FPV today but yet would need to be engineered out for tomorrow. I am sad to report that no these cars do not come down the falcon line, stop the line for approx 93 minutes to be turned into a FPV to save 32k off the list price.

This is my one and only up yours - I promise.

What we have is utilisation of the old area that was home of the fabric stitching before Futuris took it over for BA and has been vacant since.
Now I have to admit I wasn't sure if Ford had the space for what they have achieved here but it's a very well layed out, thought out mini assembly area specific to and for FPV.

So the build process continues on but it's better. There is one less removal of the tail lights for example and the application of the Data dot just a little bit more thoughtful and discrete. I am sure in time there will be more as is the custom when something is changed, altered, creating questions. You are looking for efficiencies and on that front the car movement is no doubt more efficient, less chance of damage. All good as they say.

No doubt you have seen the videos by now. There are two and they are both very good. They tell the story of the move but those of keen ears will have picked up the slight change with the engine assembly.
Remember the T series days when the engine builder was solely responsible for building an engine to the point he got to sign it? Well those days are back.

That's a nice touch valued in terms of passion and understanding. For someone like me that's what I listen for.

So ford employees have been thrown in the deep end and the product suffers?

Well no. Some FPV-(Prodrive) staff are currently on contract to get this FPV.1 up and running. Two at Geelong and two at the main plant. In addition continuity is being sought in brand promotion with the retention of the agency responsible for social and promotions activities.

Its the 18th of Feb and the first car has just rolled out!

That is right and I want to take a further minute to draw your attention to what that means. In this day and age processes are all about accreditation to standards so that's what has been going on since the takeover.
Each process has to be retested to make sure it satisfies Fords process and supply standards. I would like to cover an example here but I don't think it would be allowed but it wouldn't be wise to think everything automatically translates into confirmation in every respect.

There is a lot of work and money and that equals investment.
Still yet to look at Facebook but from the promotion of pictures over the last week to the realisation that nothing has changed, I can image what is being said.

This comes about for one reason only.
Zero comprehension for the process and product.

Because we are going through a accreditation stage there was never any chance of a launch that included a change in spec. It's a massive undertaking to get to where they are but a far simpler fact is that the model Falcon we have is MK2 FG. Prodrive were not allowed to go outside Ford model structure. The numbering is a designation of builds not build locations. The specification is set under the current model structure and after paying for a brand that has built credibility culminating with Rspec, it was always very unlikely it would be banished at stage one on day one.

There is a fundamental flaw in our thinking that we go to the worst place possible first.

What comes next is more complicated and in my mind I have written a few hundred versions. It's not a "but" or a "here comes the bad news" as there is no wrong or right. Perhaps its best described as personal preference and when I think in those terms the value in saying what I have to say comes down to one percenters. It won't reflect sales, although it's something I hold in the highest regard. It does go to brand ownership understanding promotion and values but it's understood by so few and valued by even less. Something that sounds the same has no limits in definition; its not held in bondage or set in concrete.

The assembly plant is true enough to the values and designs of the current generation FPV product and that's a fantastic, note worthy achievement to sets the brand up for what is to come. It's continued evolution, investment and indeed passion something FPV really has never been short of.

I would like to include some of the better articles from the day and if there are any questions fire away.

Please also feel free to quote on other forums if there is some doubt about facts or opinions.

http://www.caradvice.com.au/214980/f...meadows-plant/

I think this one has an error in it but notice something odd about both these articles?

http://www.themotorreport.com.au/559...dmeadows-plant
Originally Posted by Elks
This says it all

Today, as no doubt you are all aware the first GT in 37 years rolled off the production line at Ford Broadmeadows Plant. In a small ceremony that included the some media, and Ford luminaries as well as, very importantly, the owner of his new GT.

Over the summer break Ford moved the FPV production lines from there Glenbarry Road plant where they had been since the Tickford days to Geelong for engines and Broadmeadows for the final assembly.

The funny thing is that, well nothing has changed. The 1st car off the line is not number 1, in fact it's the next number in sequence from Glenbarry rd. All the models remain. GS GT GTP GTE. The engines and spec and everything remains the same. Which is a pity as it was a great opportunity to up the ante a little but the Ford/FPV management felt that continuity was more important. But of course hinted at upgrades to come. But not for a while yet. But let's face it , theses are a seriously quick car right now.

It's safe to say the new owner was excited at the fuss made over his new car.

An FGII GT. as he had ordered it.

With Ford Australia President, Bob Graziano and FPR star Will Davison

Black with stripes deleted.

Some bits and pieces lying around so you know that it's business as usual

Yep not only black,

F6 intercooler with a GS ute in the background.

A stillage full of GTE and F6E wheels.

A GT-P.

And yes, all cars will be badged as an FPV just like before. The question was asked about ST or SVT nomenclatures which was rejected by Bob Graziano as FPV is what Australians new and loved. So FPV will stay.

It was also revealed they have the ability to produce twice the number of vehicles that was being built at Glenbarry road, so it great to see they have some inbuilt optimism.

So, go test drive an FPV and judge for yourself.

http://www.falconforums.com.au/forum.php