Old 12/6/08, 04:16 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Cara And Coffee December 6th???

Anyone there today?

White and Grabber There?

I think this picture is from there...
Attached Thumbnails Cara And Coffee December 6th???-cnc.jpg  

Last edited by Topnotch; 12/6/08 at 05:06 PM.
Old 12/6/08, 04:24 PM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
that thing looks slick!
Old 12/6/08, 08:36 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah, that's what the 2010 Mustang should have looked like!!!

Just kidding.
Old 12/7/08, 06:19 PM
GT Member

I've not had the honor of attending this event,but i always thought it was just a gathering of interesting cars thrown together kinda off the cuff. I don't think i'd like Ford or GM or any brand bringing their new cars there for publicity,it seems to me,once this type of thing starts happening,these kind of events lose what made them special in the first place. A Fusion? There is nothing remotely interesting about this car,maybe in 30 years when all of them are gone and it's a treat to see one,but a brand new one?? Snore. I'd tell the Ford people to take a hike. Before you know,it will be a new car show.
Old 12/7/08, 07:10 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by KatarHol
I've not had the honor of attending this event,but i always thought it was just a gathering of interesting cars thrown together kinda off the cuff. I don't think i'd like Ford or GM or any brand bringing their new cars there for publicity,it seems to me,once this type of thing starts happening,these kind of events lose what made them special in the first place. A Fusion? There is nothing remotely interesting about this car,maybe in 30 years when all of them are gone and it's a treat to see one,but a brand new one?? Snore. I'd tell the Ford people to take a hike. Before you know,it will be a new car show.
Okay, 2 reasons why its okay for that Fusion (and Ford) to be there. Reason 1: Correct me if I'm wrong, but Cars & Coffee is still held at the former Ford PAG headquarters, which is still owned by Ford! I heard (and again correct me if I'm wrong), but Ford stepped in to let the cars use their facility once the old locale was shut down. So, its cool for Ford to bring something out for those to see. And since the new Mustang is something people want to see, I don't see a problem with it.

Reason 2: You do know that isn't some regular old Fusion right? Its a 2010 Fusion HYBRID!! Brand new, and up until that show, only seen at the LA Auto show!
Old 12/8/08, 02:15 AM
Team Mustang Source

Yep...They were there!

Old 12/8/08, 03:25 AM
MOTM Committee Member

SWEET THATS MY CAR MAN!! I want the grabber blue with a spoiler!
Old 12/8/08, 08:17 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by 05fordgt
Okay, 2 reasons why its okay for that Fusion (and Ford) to be there. Reason 1: Correct me if I'm wrong, but Cars & Coffee is still held at the former Ford PAG headquarters, which is still owned by Ford! I heard (and again correct me if I'm wrong), but Ford stepped in to let the cars use their facility once the old locale was shut down. So, its cool for Ford to bring something out for those to see. And since the new Mustang is something people want to see, I don't see a problem with it.

Reason 2: You do know that isn't some regular old Fusion right? Its a 2010 Fusion HYBRID!! Brand new, and up until that show, only seen at the LA Auto show!
Okay reason 1: I did not know that,i thought it was still at some bookstore in LA. So i'm wrong there,it's their playground,they can show anything they want.
reason 2: Still not interesting,leave it in the garage and replace it with another '10 Mustang or a Raptor to show off.
Old 12/8/08, 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by KatarHol
Okay reason 1: I did not know that,i thought it was still at some bookstore in LA. So i'm wrong there,it's their playground,they can show anything they want.
reason 2: Still not interesting,leave it in the garage and replace it with another '10 Mustang or a Raptor to show off.
You might not find it interesting but, I believe Ford intends on selling a few of these new Fusions. Plus there are two of the new '10 Mustang there to look at. Actually the '10 Fusion Hybrid has a lot going for it, its a nice car inside and out and gets stellar MPG using some pretty neat technology. Ford does make other cars, and despite what you think, the Mustang is not Fords biggest cash cow.
Old 12/8/08, 10:09 AM
GT Member

Hey,i think the Fusion is a fantastic car that looks great,and i think it's great to see a Hybrid if you're into that kind of thing. I'd take a Fusion over a Malibu any day of the week,and NO,i don't think the Mustang is the cash cow of Ford. That being said.......Cars and Coffee has some of the most fascinating and interesting and OMG-awesome cars on display and the Fusion is just a......car. I gurantee there was more puzzlement as to why that car was there then there was interest in it. At least the lower priced and more common type of interesting cars there like the Mustang or GTI have a following that cares about them.