2007 Ford Edge...

Search this Thread

Old 1/8/06, 09:53 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Very Land Rover-ish....I like it
Old 1/8/06, 11:03 PM

I'm not overly impressed, it looks like another jelly bean.
Old 1/8/06, 11:16 PM
Cobra Member

Looks good and you can really see some of the Fusion's roots in there as well.....looks like an "edgy" Murano to me.....also, I don't think it looks anything like the Chevy Equinox (sp?) as that vehicle looks like a reskinned Trail Blazer to me - beltline and roofline give it away....hopefully Ford will have a hit with this vehicle as it seems several of the newer vehicles (which look great IMO) have not caught on with the public (FreeStyle, 500, Fusion, etc.) I have heard that none of these new offerings from Ford are selling very well and that the Freestyle is going to be canceled soon???
Old 1/8/06, 11:18 PM
TMS Post # 1,000,000
Serbian Steamer

I like it, but in my opinion Ford is follower again, not leader. Too much Chevy Equinox.
Old 1/9/06, 12:10 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Can't belive everyone's seeing Equin-not in this. It's clean, sleek, modern look is easily a hundred times better than the Chevy's design-by-dyslexia. Criticizing this for looking vaguely like the Equin-icks is like criticising the Tundra for looking like the F-150 becuase all its parts happen to be in similar places.

The grille beneath the tri-nar is abit clumsy, obviously the fancy grille's not big on cooling. But I like it alot overall and I can see myself actutally driving this, as opposed to a Minivan or station wagon.
Old 1/9/06, 07:50 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Nice looks...but I want interior volume numbers.
Old 1/9/06, 07:58 AM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by Evil_Capri@January 8, 2006, 5:44 PM
I don't think it looks anything like the Equinox. The Edge has a much cleaner profile and design. To me the Edge has that 'looks more expensive than than is' factor . . .and that's a good thing.

I think she's going to be a winner . . . .
Agreed, I like the Edge, clearly the best "utility" vehicle design Ford has produced. Nice job Ford!!
Old 1/9/06, 08:42 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally posted by Red Star@January 9, 2006, 12:21 AM
I like it, but in my opinion Ford is follower again, not leader. Too much Chevy Equinox.
A lot of these CUVs look similar from the A-pillar back. What really distinguishes them from each other is the front and the smaller styling details. The front of the Edge and Equiniox look nothing alike. Other than a slight similarity between the taillights, I see nothing else that looks the same on the back. The Equinox has a broad moulding element running down the side and the Edge has very clean, smooth flanks. The D-pillar on the Edge is much wider than the Equinox. The C-pillar on the Equinox is body color and it's black on the Edge. The rear "spoiler" is much more pronounced on the Edge.

Also, I'll make a prediction: the Edge will out-sell the Equinox.
Old 1/9/06, 08:45 AM
I Have Admin Envy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think if you squint really hard you can see a resemblance in the shillouette between the equinox and the edge.

I think the edge will be a better product because it has a far superior drivetrain and a nicer interior.
Old 1/9/06, 09:17 AM
Post *****

Received 72 Likes on 65 Posts
I must be freakin' blind! I don't see any resemblence between the Edge & Equinox . .

[attachmentid=42531]

[attachmentid=42530]
Old 1/9/06, 09:18 AM
Mach 1 Member

Looks good. I think they should three-bar-chrome-grille everything except the 'Stang.

And correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that hideous Equinox a competitor to the Escape? Comparing it to the Edge seems a little irrelevant to me. Does Chevy even have a proper CUV?
Old 1/9/06, 09:19 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I don't see it either.

With that said, it isn't my cup of tea, but not many CUVs are, honestly. I think for the segment of the population that are shopping in this area, they'll be very please.
Old 1/9/06, 09:24 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally posted by zzcoop@January 9, 2006, 11:21 AM
Looks good. I think they should three-bar-chrome-grille everything except the 'Stang.

And correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that hideous Equinox a competitor to the Escape? Comparing it to the Edge seems a little irrelevant to me. Does Chevy even have a proper CUV?
I am not sure Chevy does, but Pontiac has the new Torrent, or whatever its called. I think that would be a candidate for CUV, maybe.
Old 1/9/06, 09:25 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by JeffreyDJ@January 9, 2006, 11:27 AM
I am not sure Chevy does, but Pontiac has the new Torrent, or whatever its called. I think that would be a candidate for CUV, maybe.
But that's just a rebadged (and slightly-less-fugtastic) Equinox, I believe.
Old 1/9/06, 09:35 AM
Mach 1 Member

If anything it looks like a Lexus RX-330. But as stated above, that gives it a higher quality look. We bought an '03 Highlander last year, and had the Edge already been on the market, I would have given it a serious look. Can't stand those Freestyles. Ford is bringing some good vehicles to the market again.
Old 1/9/06, 09:35 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally posted by zzcoop@January 9, 2006, 10:28 AM
But that's just a rebadged (and slightly-less-fugtastic) Equinox, I believe.
That's correct. The Torrent and Equinox are the same vehicle.
Old 1/9/06, 10:04 AM
Cobra R Member

yeah, the torrent is the same as the equinox. Other than the fact that the edge and the equinox are in the same segment, they both have chrome in the tail lights (completely different shape though), and maybe vaguely the same proportions, i don't see any similarities.
-Sure they both have pretty short hoods, but with the ford, the A-pillar pretty much continues all the way down. The hood is very sloped and the windshield is raked way back, almost to the point of it being one continuous angle, hopefully that gives it a nice low coefficient of drag.
-The roofline and belt line are much more rakish and swoopy in the ford. The windows are much shorter in terms of height, like an LX car or something. It almost even looks like the roof slopes down from the top of the A-pillar.
-The wheel arches on the ford are rounder and a bit more subtle.
-As has been mentioned before, the equinox has a pronounced C-pillar, while the ford's is hidden, giving the appearance of one continuous piece of glass all the way back.

I agree with what someone said, that sloping tail gives away a lot of cargo space. This coming from the guy that grew up with sweet ford wagons, of course i love the boxy tails! But then, its a lot more aerodynamic to taper the back a bit. Otherwise you get this crazy suction effect at the back, you get a low pressure wake behind the car that sucks you back, slows you down a lot.

I just wanna know whether this thing'll get a roof rack.
Old 1/9/06, 10:10 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally posted by mustang_sallad@January 9, 2006, 11:07 AM
I agree with what someone said, that sloping tail gives away a lot of cargo space. This coming from the guy that grew up with sweet ford wagons, of course i love the boxy tails! But then, its a lot more aerodynamic to taper the back a bit. Otherwise you get this crazy suction effect at the back, you get a low pressure wake behind the car that sucks you back, slows you down a lot.

I just wanna know whether this thing'll get a roof rack.
As an Escape owner, I have yet to carry anything in the back that wouldn't fit if the Escape had the sloping rear glass like the Edge. Personally, I don't see it as an issue.
Old 1/9/06, 10:20 AM
Cobra R Member

ya, i was gonna say the same thing. With my parents wagons, we never would fill it all the way up in the back... generally would try to leave a path for the rear view mirror to work.

Oh ya, somebody said ealier they heard that all of ford's cars weren't selling well. The freestyle's definitely been a disappointment, but the 500 has been catching on, and the fusion is slightly exceeding sales expectations.
Old 1/9/06, 10:24 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by TomServo92@January 9, 2006, 11:13 AM
As an Escape owner, I have yet to carry anything in the back that wouldn't fit if the Escape had the sloping rear glass like the Edge. Personally, I don't see it as an issue.
What he said.

For me, it's usually coolers, a motherload of groceries or a 90 lb. black lab. And she's usually smart enough to duck when the door comes down.

Quick Reply: 2007 Ford Edge...