Old 10/12/07, 09:44 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
08 Focus on lots

Old 10/12/07, 10:50 PM
TMS Post # 1,000,000
Serbian Steamer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I like front, but the rest of the car is boring.
Old 10/13/07, 02:57 AM
FR500 Member

hope the fender vent treatment is optional. still shaking my head as to why it was deemed necessary...
Old 10/13/07, 04:20 AM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by hi5.0
hope the fender vent treatment is optional. still shaking my head as to why it was deemed necessary...
...it appears to be...check the vapor looking one.
Old 10/13/07, 08:13 AM
Mach 1 Member

That little piece of trim on the fender is standard on the SE and SES trim levels. If you see a Focus without it, it the base trim level - S. I've got the '08 packaging info at home: the tire inflation kit is STANDARD on the coupe and an option on the sedan. That means no spare on the coupe. Does the coupe come standard with 'run-flats' I don't think so. Ford is doing this to save money - and put all coupe drivers in a ****-poor situation - no spare. I've had large items penetrate the side wall. How're you going to fit that with a couple cans of Fit-A-Flat? I'm ****ed at Ford for, once again, treating customers like crap.
Old 10/13/07, 09:42 AM
Cobra Member

That has got to be the ugliest car ford has made in a while IMO. I hope the fate of ford doesn't rest on this focus. It reminds me of a saturn from the front, only with added uglyness.

I realize this focus is in an entirely different league, but this is a focus I could drive. Our focus is cheaper, sure, but does that mean it has to be so unpleasant looking?
Old 10/13/07, 12:34 PM
Bullitt Member

They should all be painted white with the badging consisting of large, black block letters. That's how generic this car looks.
Old 10/13/07, 03:48 PM
Mach 1 Member

is that a Euro focus?
We need the mondeo.
Old 10/13/07, 05:34 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Glad I own a Mustang, that car is hard to focus on.
Old 10/15/07, 04:06 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 33 Likes on 23 Posts
It's not a bad looking rental car except for the decklid. That looks unfinished.
Old 10/17/07, 04:10 AM
Cobra Member

Same company, same car, different market... it makes no sense to me why Ford thinks the EU Focus is too good for the US market.
Attached Images  
Old 10/17/07, 10:59 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by THRUST_
That has got to be the ugliest car ford has made in a while IMO. I hope the fate of ford doesn't rest on this focus. It reminds me of a saturn from the front, only with added uglyness.
I realize this focus is in an entirely different league, but this is a focus I could drive. Our focus is cheaper, sure, but does that mean it has to be so unpleasant looking?

Quite frankly, in regards to looks only, the C1 Focus body is not all that pretty either. Everybody shows the ST version, which is like showing the GT500 to represent the V6 Mustang. The large diameter wheel and wide tire package on the ST and the stance it gains from them is what everybody falls in love with, not the body design-- put the US Focus' wheels and tires on it and this is how it looks:

not so great now is it? Looks like any other economy compact. Probably 99% of the C1s will have a similar sized wheel and tire package.

Now, put the Focus ST's wheels and tires on the US Focus:

stock:
Old 10/17/07, 01:56 PM

Now, put the Focus ST's wheels and tires on the US Focus:

http://img107.mytextgraphics.com/pho...-486wonkko.jpg
...and you get an ugly turd of a car riding on cool wheels.

The Jalopnik review of the exterior (0 out of 5 stars) pretty much captures the visual pain this car inflicts on unsuspecting bystanders.

The rental car companies must be drooling over this car. Outside the rather limited subset of blind drivers that might want to buy it themselves, I think Hurtz and companions are going to be eager to scoop up these things when Ford's forced to practically give them away to keep the assembly lines running and the unions happy.

Maybe if Ford offer free dark -- very dark, welding mask dark -- glasses and a veil of darkness to potential buyers, they might expand the paying customer base beyond the Lighthouse for the Blind members.
Old 10/17/07, 02:27 PM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Saw a Vista Blue coupe at a local lot today....they look a lot better in person than in the photos....they arent half bad. They seem bigger.
Old 10/17/07, 05:22 PM
Closet American

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by rhumb

The Jalopnik review of the exterior (0 out of 5 stars) pretty much captures the visual pain this car inflicts on unsuspecting bystanders.

The rental car companies must be drooling over this car. Outside the rather limited subset of blind drivers that might want to buy it themselves, I think Hurtz and companions are going to be eager to scoop up these things when Ford's forced to practically give them away to keep the assembly lines running and the unions happy.

Maybe if Ford offer free dark -- very dark, welding mask dark -- glasses and a veil of darkness to potential buyers, they might expand the paying customer base beyond the Lighthouse for the Blind members.
Old 10/17/07, 05:25 PM
Team Mustang Source

They aren't that bad. I've driven them, and they do drive a whole lot better than the previous ones.
Old 10/17/07, 05:34 PM
Closet American

Originally Posted by 05fordgt
They aren't that bad. I've driven them, and they do drive a whole lot better than the previous ones.
They aren't that good, either.

I think the point is that Ford needs to be hitting home runs in critical market segments right now, not building cars that are unlikely to get noticed or siphon away traditional import buyers.

The company hasn't got forever to turn things around. As someone famous once said: "Time starts now."
Old 10/17/07, 05:48 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

The principle good news on the 08 Focus remains that it's not going to be around that long.
Old 10/17/07, 07:21 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Shameful. They took their eyes completely off the ball on this one. This product represents Ford's desire to leave the American small car market in my opinion.

I'm just not sure why we can't get this one right. We truly do have the perfect version in Europe. As everyone else has said, bring it here.

This thing will not sell. I predict pittiful sales figures.
Old 10/19/07, 11:25 AM
Bullitt Member

I think the '08 is good, not great but good for the next couple of years until we get the EU version. Dunno, I guess I'm blind but if the ps below is any indication, i think the '08 looks pretty good for its class (compared to a Caliber or Sentra or something as boring as a Corolla):

Quick Reply: 08 Focus on lots