SN95 Mustang 1994-2004 Mustangs Member Tech & Restoration Discussion

Seafoam

Search this Thread

Old 6/5/11, 08:28 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Seafoam

I have been doing some research on this stuff and I have decided to give it a try. I want to do the full treatment but I'm not really sure as to what vacuum line I'm supposed to pour it into. I have seen
That it's best to put a third in your crank case, a third in the vacuum line, and a third in the tank. I have also seen that it's a good idea to change your oil about 500-700 miles later? I have never used this stuff before and thought I would get some feedback before I try and give "Silvia " a nice potent drink to try and cheer her up. Anyone who has used this and has any comments or suggestions I would love to hear them. Thanks in advance guys.
Old 6/5/11, 09:36 AM

It's a great thing to do. YouTube v6 mustang seafoam and you will find some good videos. One I saw was a white v6 showed step by step.
Old 6/5/11, 10:04 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Shaqfu
It's a great thing to do. YouTube v6 mustang seafoam and you will find some good videos. One I saw was a white v6 showed step by step.
Is it the same steps for the v8 as it is the v6 ?
Old 6/5/11, 10:12 AM
GT Member

It works great! I did the treatment to "Sheila" the other day. I think I have a vid but not sure if it's the results (smoke) or actually doing it. Lemme check
Edit: won't lemme post from my iPod
Old 6/5/11, 10:29 AM
GT Member

So anyone have any trouble with their o2 sensors after using this, or their cats? My "Silvia" is bone stock 03 gt vert. I don't have the money to throw down on some o2 sensors . It's has 76k on the ody. And another question, so you just let it "suck" in through the vacuum line that goes to the tb?
Old 6/5/11, 10:58 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Quicksilver-4.6
So anyone have any trouble with their o2 sensors after using this, or their cats? My "Silvia" is bone stock 03 gt vert. I don't have the money to throw down on some o2 sensors . It's has 76k on the ody. And another question, so you just let it "suck" in through the vacuum line that goes to the tb?
No, in fact I had a service engine soon light shown but it disappeared after the seafoam treatment. And yes you let it get sucked into one of the vacuum lines. I'll get a picture of the right pipe once I get the chance.
Old 6/5/11, 04:08 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Leo93

No, in fact I had a service engine soon light shown but it disappeared after the seafoam treatment. And yes you let it get sucked into one of the vacuum lines. I'll get a picture of the right pipe once I get the chance.
Thanks alot man. Just want to make sure I do her right
Old 6/5/11, 04:12 PM
Mach 1 Member

I love that stuff. I now buy it by the gallon
Old 6/5/11, 04:22 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Everett
I love that stuff. I now buy it by the gallon
Which **** line do you put it in lol?
Old 6/5/11, 04:26 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X832d4MtYUc

this shows pretty clearly how to do it, mine ran smoother after, very easy to do, just get a straw and it will suck it right out of the can no problemo
Old 6/5/11, 07:33 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Shaqfu
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X832d4MtYUc

this shows pretty clearly how to do it, mine ran smoother after, very easy to do, just get a straw and it will suck it right out of the can no problemo
Yeah I'm just not seeing the PVC line this guy is using to suck in the sea foam......am I just Stevie wondering around or what?
Old 6/5/11, 07:53 PM
Mach 1 Member

K. I put in the vacuum line that ends up entering the plenum. I suggest just tracing back from it. If yours is a 2v you have two to choose from.
Old 6/5/11, 08:11 PM
GT Member

K. I put in the vacuum line that ends up entering the plenum. I suggest just tracing back from it. If yours is a 2v you have two to choose from.
Yeah mine is a 2v, I see the plastic or what feels like a hard plastic line going into the valve cover. And I'm tracing the lines that come out of the plenum. There are two lines that come off the intake, one goes straight to the valve cover which is the one I first said, and the other goes through one tube then through that plastic box then through another tube into the plenum. Then there is the one not connected to the intake which also goes into the bottom right side of the plenum. And the last one which comes out of the back. I'm feeling real stupid at this point that I can't tell which one I need to use

Last edited by Quicksilver-4.6; 6/5/11 at 09:16 PM.
Old 6/6/11, 12:21 AM
GT Member

Yeah mine is a 2v, I see the plastic or what feels like a hard plastic line going into the valve cover. And I'm tracing the lines that come out of the plenum. There are two lines that come off the intake, one goes straight to the valve cover which is the one I first said, and the other goes through one tube then through that plastic box then through another tube into the plenum. Then there is the one not connected to the intake which also goes into the bottom right side of the plenum. And the last one which comes out of the back. I'm feeling real stupid at this point that I can't tell which one I need to use
The one I used was the line going into the bottom right of the plenum. Took a lil bit to get it all sucked in, maybe a minute. Have a friend keep the revs going, round 2-3k and keep em going through that little range. Once most of its gone (last 1/3rd of the can) you can plug the line back in and shut the car off. Wait about 5-7 minutes (I went 10) and start her back up. Keep revving the engine full range and quick stabs for a few minutes and then let it idle. Most smoke should be gone by this point but the rest will disappear with about 10-15 minutes if driving
Old 6/6/11, 01:53 AM
Cobra R Member

this stuff is great! have used in all my fox's

my method

used seafoam (used 1/3 can threw vacuum line)...pour slowly and keep engine revs about 2000-2500 (i did threw brake booster vacuum line,and put a small funnel into line and poured slowly...1/3 can in about 4-5 min) turn off engine,let sit for a good 10 min,then drive it for 15-20 min like you "stole it"..be prepared to white smoke out your neighbourhood lol
Old 6/6/11, 06:57 PM
GT Member

Ok I see the line your talking about, but on my 2v the hole to the tube is hugongous. The line coming-out of the back of the pelnum seems like it would work great but im not exactly sure where it leads from. Anyone out there know? it's the one on the back hand side if your looking from in front of the stang, actually it's the only one in the back, would this work?
Old 6/6/11, 07:10 PM
Mach 1 Member

Ok I see the line your talking about, but on my 2v the hole to the tube is hugongous. The line coming-out of the back of the pelnum seems like it would work great but im not exactly sure where it leads from. Anyone out there know? it's the one on the back hand side if your looking from in front of the stang, actually it's the only one in the back, would this work?
Yup. It works.
Old 6/6/11, 07:31 PM
Mach 1 Member

SEAFOAM...That's more addictive than anything I know
Old 6/6/11, 07:33 PM
GT Member

Yup. It works.
Thanks a lot man, where the hell does it lead from, mine says it's gas/fuel , I'm pretty dang sure that's not what's coming through lol. Is that common to use hoses for other things or was the previous owner a not so bright lady?
Old 6/6/11, 07:34 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Blackout
SEAFOAM...That's more addictive than anything I know
Lol had a sip had we? Lol

Quick Reply: Seafoam