SN95 Mustang 1994-2004 Mustangs Member Tech & Restoration Discussion

rear tire pushed forward

Search this Thread

Old 1/16/13, 06:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
rear tire pushed forward

Good Evening,
I have a 95 mustang someone backed pretty forcefully into the corner of a building. they only hit the very left (driverside) of the rear and it ran up the side and it appears to have pushed the tire forward as i can only fit 2 fingers between the tire and tire well on that side and i can fit 5 fingers on other side. they thought the axel was broken but i drove it over 10 miles ( iwent very slow) once i got to my street i went up to about 20 MPH, it felt fine driving it only thing was i had the stearing wheel pointed slightly right like if i had to get an alignment aside from that it felt fine... any ideas on what i may have to do or any other info i can fill in. at the rear hub it looks like its damp on the side that got hit but the other side seems to be dry... Thanx for any input.
Old 1/24/13, 09:49 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Tad Huey
Good Evening,
I have a 95 mustang someone backed pretty forcefully into the corner of a building. they only hit the very left (driverside) of the rear and it ran up the side and it appears to have pushed the tire forward as i can only fit 2 fingers between the tire and tire well on that side and i can fit 5 fingers on other side. they thought the axel was broken but i drove it over 10 miles ( iwent very slow) once i got to my street i went up to about 20 MPH, it felt fine driving it only thing was i had the stearing wheel pointed slightly right like if i had to get an alignment aside from that it felt fine... any ideas on what i may have to do or any other info i can fill in. at the rear hub it looks like its damp on the side that got hit but the other side seems to be dry... Thanx for any input.
It is probably fine what most likely happened, and I can only speculate, is that it threw your thrust angle get it inspected and most likely a shop can readjust your thrust angle
Old 1/25/13, 08:12 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 781 Likes on 570 Posts
You may have bent your axle or even tweeked the rear housing a bit. Have a local shop check it out for you as stated above. Good luck