SN95 Mustang 1994-2004 Mustangs Member Tech & Restoration Discussion

paint

Search this Thread

Old 8/1/17, 11:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
paint

Hi

I bought a 2004 Mach 1 recently, it is going to need to be repainted as some of the clear coat is missing in a couple spots. The car is competition orange and will remain as such. Just wondering what price range I can expect.

Thank you
Old 8/2/17, 08:15 AM
Legacy Tms Member

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Casper, as I often heard lawyers say in court "you question is overbroad". Too many variables. Location where you live, do you want just a repair of the paint or will it require a complete re-paint, quality of the shop doing the job, local shop or large chain. Time to put on your research hat: visit shops and get estimates-most of those around me give free ones, check BBB and see if the shop you have in mind has complaints, Yelp (etc) reviews-although those can be skewed either way, do they do a lot of insurance work or is it some guy in a backyard. Rule of thumb that I've found was that the more professional the outfit the better and more organized the work space. OTOH, that translates into a higher price. OTOOH, a better chance of having a satisfactory experience. Others will chime in.