SN95 Mustang 1994-2004 Mustangs Member Tech & Restoration Discussion

new system!

Search this Thread

Old 8/25/05, 09:28 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
alright, heres the story. since i purchased my stang this spring i wasnt completely happy with the mach 460, it bottomed out with the bass a little more than half way up and so on, plus no mp3 player. so i was planning on getting the Sony CDX-F5710, mainly because it had 3 preouts, an aux input, mp3 capibility and changed colors. when i got to circuit city (didnt wanna buy online because they had a rebate going on and it wouldve been the same price) they didnt have it in stock. so i picked out the Panasonic CQ-C5301U because it had 3 preouts and an aux input and mp3 capibility, plus i just liked the general layout of it all. a week before all of this i had ordered a scosche premium sound adapter. when i went to circuit city they wanted $45 to install it, after i gave them all the materials. so i said no thanks and went home and had my friend come over and we installed it all no problem, a week before we also ran the power cables/rca/remote turn-on for the 8inch subs. when i did all of this i couldnt find my camera so i just have after pictures. anyway tell me what you think. sorry it was so long.

here it is because i cant seem to upload pictures
car domain

[Edited by jgsmuzzy : Added pictures into post]
Old 8/26/05, 01:01 AM
GTR Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Nice Rick, I am still trying to figure out where to put subs in mine. I can't go down your route as the roof folds down right where your amp and subs are!
Old 8/26/05, 12:23 PM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Received 48 Likes on 39 Posts
Looks good man.

James, subs in the trunk, facing the rear are about the only way to salvage decent sound quality out of a vert. Or you can do a custom RSD and mount the subs in the bottom part, in a very custom box.
Old 8/26/05, 07:44 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by jgsmuzzy@August 26, 2005, 3:04 AM
Nice Rick, I am still trying to figure out where to put subs in mine. I can't go down your route as the roof folds down right where your amp and subs are!
hey thanks for adding the pics...just wondering why it didnt work for me..and since i used the adapter do you know if i can do anything about the 'popping' when it turns on?
Old 8/26/05, 11:02 PM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Received 48 Likes on 39 Posts
I think they make a line supressor which helps the popping. The best place i've heard is to call www.crutchfield.com and tell them the situation and your setup and they should be able to help you out.
Old 8/28/05, 03:09 PM
GTR Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I got my adapter from crutchfield and it works fine. But,...as I daid, I haven't got any subs yet.....

Scott, the rear seal delete is one option I was thinking about, but the baby may cause a problem......but I think the baby is going to swallow any mod money for a while yet anyway!