SN95 Mustang 1994-2004 Mustangs Member Tech & Restoration Discussion

Mustang throttle body

Search this Thread

Old 12/17/17, 06:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mustang throttle body

Hi. I have a ,2000 mustang GT thinking of changing my stock 65mill out for the SR 70mil throttle body.just wondering if that would be a good upgrade.bone stock motor
Old 12/18/17, 08:57 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 667 Likes on 541 Posts
Get the entire kit, not just the throttle body. No point to just a throttle body if you don't do the cold air intake and tube, you'll still be choked down. Also not sure you can just do it by itself with the stock tube anyway, so the kit it is, right?

It's not a bad upgrade. Should feel some seat of the pants HP/Tq gains, probably see a lil' better 1/4 mile times...

But of course, you'll need to then upgrade the exhaust to a higher flowing version to really maximize your gains without opening up the engine itself. Then you'll see some tenths drop off.

Then the next thing is to get the Vortech supercharger, with the intercooler, of course. Maybe a 200 shot nitrous in there, and then twin turbos to really...

OW! WHAT?.... oh... right... stock. My bad. Livin' vicariously and stuff, sorry.

Yeah, just start with the Cold Air Intake, tube, and TB kit if you do this at all. Go from there.
The following users liked this post:
wanted33 (12/23/17)