SN95 Mustang 1994-2004 Mustangs Member Tech & Restoration Discussion

help pls

Search this Thread

Old 4/28/14, 01:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
help pls

I just bought a 04 gt it has long tube headers full exhaust looks 2 1/2 all the way has after market cold air and a Bama tuner. The car runs a little ruff. Going to change plugs and wires. Notice the car uses a lot of fuel and even black smokes when you get on it i don't know how to use a tuner but wanting to put a tune up on it and put it back to factory tune are what ever someone can recommend me any info would help out alot thanks. I filled up last night and turn the odometer to trip I have only been 35 miles and the gauge already reads about have a tank you can watch the needle move
Old 4/28/14, 09:28 PM

Ok I got the tune back to factory. But man it is going through way to much full 55 miles on half a tank no more black smoke runs better. I just can't figure out why the fuel mileage is horrible
Old 4/29/14, 06:48 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 773 Likes on 565 Posts
Man with that much missing I would think there is a leak somewhere??
Old 4/29/14, 07:19 AM

Yea that's what I am thinking going put it on lift and follow the fuel line and check it out
Old 4/29/14, 08:44 AM
Former Vendor

Make sure the fill neck to the fuel tank is still sealed well. It's common for these 94-04 Mustangs to have gas leaks there. The rubber seal that connects the filler neck to the gas tank is usually rotting away and letting the fuel evaporate.

Also, if you enroll yourself into our Free Tunes for Life program, the Bama Team and send you out a fresh set of custom tunes. They'll also be able to look at your datalogs and see if your fuel trims are dialed in. This could help diagnose your fuel issue!

Shane
Old 4/29/14, 09:02 AM

Ok I'll check that and yes I just got the car and it came with the bama tuner the guy said something about he needed to switch it to my name with bama cause he got free tunes for life
Old 4/29/14, 05:35 PM

Ok I got another question my a/c blows cold but hardly anything coming out of the vents. But you can hear like it's blowing hard under the dash on the passenger side
Old 4/30/14, 11:57 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by EJ Gilpin
Ok I got another question my a/c blows cold but hardly anything coming out of the vents. But you can hear like it's blowing hard under the dash on the passenger side
If you can hear the fan blowing hard under the dash, than check all of the vents to see which one it will come out of. Check defrost, floor, and mid-dash settings to see if it blows out of any of them. It's possible the plastic vent piping is unattached somewhere in the dash and just blowing the air somewhere random.

If you can tell what vents work and what ones don't work, it may help you narrow down where to start looking. Either way, it all leads back to the HV/AC unit behind the dash.

Shane
Old 4/30/14, 02:28 PM

Ok there all blowing out about the same. But I'll got under the dash to see if I can feel it blowing out anywhere else but I don't feel nothing thanks for the help and info
Old 5/1/14, 02:43 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by EJ Gilpin
Ok there all blowing out about the same. But I'll got under the dash to see if I can feel it blowing out anywhere else but I don't feel nothing thanks for the help and info
No sweat man, I know issue like this can be frustrating because there's no clear cut answer at right. I think you may just need to get behind the dash and check the tunneling. I know that's a huge pain to pull the dash out, but there's no really many other options I can think of at the moment.

I wish you the best of luck though!

Shane
Old 5/3/14, 10:56 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Pull out the blower motor and check to make sure there isn't a mouse nest or something stupid sitting on top the where the blower motor sits in there blocking all the air flow. Might not be but at least it's easy to check before pulling the dash
Old 5/6/14, 10:23 PM

Ok pulled the blower motor out and found that there was a square piece sitting on top of it i am guessing that it the door that opens for air to come from outside the car guess it broke off and feel on top of it. I moved it back and a/c blows hard and cold thanks for the help only got one problem left and that's to get it tuned because I can't figure out this bama tuner I can change to the 87 or 91 93 and it runs good for a little then goes back to running ruff