SN95 Mustang 1994-2004 Mustangs Member Tech & Restoration Discussion

Center caps

Search this Thread

Old 6/21/12, 05:47 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Center caps

Are most after market replicas for the saleen look alike center caps the same size?
Cause I have a full set of saleen look alike rims from Eagle Alloy and I tried to buy new caps and I guess they are no longer in business.

Anyways I want to get either the cobra or svt center caps from American muscle but I'm not sure if they would fit.

In the photos I tried to measure as close as I could to be the centers.
Also I couldn't find anything else to measure with so shush lol
Attached Thumbnails Center caps-image-1274572092.jpg   Center caps-image-2876339646.jpg  
Old 6/21/12, 06:22 PM
Administrator, Shop Manual PDF Poster, Parts Locator & Spam Bot Eliminator!!

Received 2,861 Likes on 2,112 Posts
Go to Ebay and search Eagle Alloy Center Caps. A lot of the Auctions give Dimensions. Such as the example shown. Then you can cross reference those dimensions to the SVT Caps Etc. Which you can Also Search For. As an FYI it's more accurate to measure an existing cap that fits vs a wheel.

Good Luck!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/AMERICAN-EAG...5bc0ce&vxp=mtr

Last edited by 05stangkc; 6/21/12 at 06:23 PM.
Old 6/22/12, 12:55 PM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Dbranham
Are most after market replicas for the saleen look alike center caps the same size?
Cause I have a full set of saleen look alike rims from Eagle Alloy and I tried to buy new caps and I guess they are no longer in business.

Anyways I want to get either the cobra or svt center caps from American muscle but I'm not sure if they would fit.

In the photos I tried to measure as close as I could to be the centers.
Also I couldn't find anything else to measure with so shush lol

We have specific center caps for our Replica wheels. They'll be different for any other Replica wheel unfortunately. Replica wheels have to be different in some way by law, so the center cap is usually what's changed. Each company might do something a little different.

Hope this info helps you out. Let me know if there's anything else I can do!

Shane