SN95 Mustang 1994-2004 Mustangs Member Tech & Restoration Discussion

98 gt want more hp

Search this Thread

Old 3/24/15, 07:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
98 gt want more hp

Like the title says I have a 98 gt and I want to add more hp. Don't really know where to start 1st real project Car. I already bought an a new plenom, throttle body, and intake. Need some advice. Please and thanks
Old 3/24/15, 08:13 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Aftermarket heads or I think they call them pi heads they were on the 02-04 GTs and they flowed better. 2Vs are always nice cammed. Gears are always a quick easy way to make it quicker. Forced induction is always a good way to go on a 2V.
You have a good start though having a different intake and throttle body. Get a tuner to make the intake and throttle body more effective

Last edited by LivinTheStangLife; 3/24/15 at 08:14 PM.
Old 3/24/15, 08:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by LivinTheStangLife
Aftermarket heads or I think they call them pi heads they were on the 02-04 GTs and they flowed better. 2Vs are always nice cammed. Gears are always a quick easy way to make it quicker. Forced induction is always a good way to go on a 2V.
You have a good start though having a different intake and throttle body. Get a tuner to make the intake and throttle body more effective
thanks for that info
Old 3/24/15, 11:19 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by pedrocerr
thanks for that info
no problem. I just know a lot of people recommend and talk about using that other set of heads on the earlier 4.6l engines. Just do some research on it, there's should be plenty of threads even on this forum and all over Google on doing it.