05-09 Interior and Audio Mods Enhancing Your Mustang's Interior and Sound System

XM Radio Receiver & Adaptor Install

Search this Thread

Old 9/6/06, 06:29 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
XM Radio Receiver & Adaptor Install

I received my XM Radio Receiver & Alpine Adapter tonight
I had to get a little creative (at least for me it was) to install it where;
1) It wasn't easily noticeable
2)Still reached the HU
3)A decent place for the antenna.

My solution? The glove box. I don't know if anyone else has done this yet or not, but I think it turned out rather well. I very RARELY get in the glove box, it didn't take up a lot of room and and you really can't see it once it's open anyway.

I screwed the adapter to the left most side of the glove box and ran the Ai-Net cable over the left side of the glove box and into the HU.
Attachment 8728

Then I dremeled two small slots to accommodate the screw tabs on the bottom of the receiver, slid them into the slots and bent them over on the backside. Then I screwed the top two tabs to the glove box.
Attachment 8729Attachment 8730Attachment 8733

I connected the two pieces together using the supplied cables and zip tied them tight.
Then I ran the antenna wire through the right side of the glove box through the access panel and to the dash where it sits on the passenger side dash.
When I was done it looked like this.
Attachment 8732

The cord hanging loose on the left side is a pass through for the Ai-Net cable. I can attach other peroducts there later (Navigation, 6-Disc Changer, etc.)
Attached Thumbnails XM Radio Receiver & Adaptor Install-xm-radio-install-alpine-adapter.jpg   XM Radio Receiver & Adaptor Install-xm-radio-install-slots-cut.jpg   XM Radio Receiver & Adaptor Install-xm-radio-install-bottom.jpg   XM Radio Receiver & Adaptor Install-xm-radio-install-done.jpg   XM Radio Receiver & Adaptor Install-xm-radio-install-glove-box-out-done.jpg  

Old 9/6/06, 06:30 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here is some screenshots before I have gotten it activated.

Attachment 8736Attachment 8737Attachment 8738Attachment 8739Attachment 8740
Attached Thumbnails XM Radio Receiver & Adaptor Install-xm-radio-install-009.jpg   XM Radio Receiver & Adaptor Install-xm-radio-install-010.jpg   XM Radio Receiver & Adaptor Install-xm-radio-install-011.jpg   XM Radio Receiver & Adaptor Install-xm-radio-install-012.jpg   XM Radio Receiver & Adaptor Install-xm-radio-install-013.jpg  

Old 9/6/06, 07:08 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Looks good, Daryl!

Just the DVD left and you're complete!