05-09 Interior and Audio Mods Enhancing Your Mustang's Interior and Sound System

What would you like made out of aluminum?

Search this Thread

Old 9/18/05, 01:36 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For instance, has anyone removed the trim rings from the gages or the hvac vents? I was thinking some aluminum rings would be cool, and they could be anodized black or any other color (rice! j/k). I'm definetly eyeing the "dark" IUP as the super bright plastic chrome rings don't suit me perfectly.

I could fab up some sweet shifter ***** with whatever you liked on top out of aluminum... similar to the Mach 1 units.

Any other ideas or requests?

I will have to do production calcs on these, weigh demand, spread word, possibly buy tools, etc. so it would be a while before I start making anything.
Old 9/18/05, 01:41 PM
Bow Chica Bow Wow
TMS Staff

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
the shift ***** that were on the pre production cars
Old 9/18/05, 02:43 PM
Cobra Member

A shift boot trim ring might be cool.
Old 9/18/05, 08:01 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Second the trim ring for a shifter, but want one for an A/T. The rectangular bezel that comes factory is too boring.
Old 9/18/05, 10:33 PM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
I would be interested in the trim rings around the gauges and the vents.

Here's an easy one, how about door lock "*****" that go down as far as the stock ones? It's been well documented on here that NONE of the aftermarket versions will screw down as much as the stock ones.

I'd like a set that are exactly like the stock ones in size, shape and fitment. I'm going to have to buy some new ones as it is anyway since the poor quality UPR ones I have are discolored already.
Old 9/19/05, 11:43 AM
Mach 1 Member

got have a trim ing around the shift boot, so many things just experiment with a few parts, Im sure you'll have no problems getting rid of them if they are a great fit and high quality as well as fairly priced, it doesnt happen much but its possible
Old 9/19/05, 02:05 PM
Banned

auto shift bezel

SSInserts has a automatic shift boot bezel out now.
$49

Not sure about it though being the first I have seen, so I thought I would wait and see what MGW comes out with.
I ordered the fog light bezels from them, and I didnt really like them, so I sold them to someone in my mustang club.

They look like what I would want though...Hmm........
Old 9/19/05, 03:34 PM
Cobra Member

I want to see replacement rear "gas cap" badges. Also, how about fuel doors like MGW used to make (anyone know why they stopped?). Replacement woofer grills for the doors that actually look good instead of straight 'bling' like the 3-D Carbon ones, and then some matching ones for the rear deck.
Old 9/20/05, 03:12 AM

The chrome trim around the vents and gauges is kind of annoying, I don't like how it tends to reflect in the windshield and the glare can also obscure the deep gauges. If I could get replacements in a low-gloss grey to match the IUP or even sonic blue to match my car color, that would be hotness.
Old 9/20/05, 05:10 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally posted by StangNut@September 18, 2005, 11:36 PM
I would be interested in the trim rings around the gauges and the vents.

Here's an easy one, how about door lock "*****" that go down as far as the stock ones? It's been well documented on here that NONE of the aftermarket versions will screw down as much as the stock ones.

I'd like a set that are exactly like the stock ones in size, shape and fitment. I'm going to have to buy some new ones as it is anyway since the poor quality UPR ones I have are discolored already.
This is true. I figured out last night that Jewls had hers screwed all the way in, and even though she thought they were locked, her car hasn't been locked since the day she bought it! She always sets the alarm though, so it'll go off when you open the door.

But yes, door locks that actualy fit would be cool.
Old 9/20/05, 05:14 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

I agree that in bright sunlight, the chrome trim rings around the guages. Would like to see some options with less glare and distraction.
Old 9/20/05, 10:50 AM
Banned

I love my chrome on the interior. Glare at times, but WELL worth it. It is a nice retro touch.
Old 9/20/05, 08:27 PM
V6 Member

Here's another vote for a manual shifter trim ring! I have the Redline leather boot on my shifter, but it sort of sticks out a teeny bit around the edges. A nice simple trim ring would look awesome and would hide the messy edges.

--=K
Old 9/20/05, 09:57 PM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally posted by eighty6gt@September 18, 2005, 2:39 PM
For instance, has anyone removed the trim rings from the gages or the hvac vents? I was thinking some aluminum rings would be cool, and they could be anodized black or any other color (rice! j/k). I'm definetly eyeing the "dark" IUP as the super bright plastic chrome rings don't suit me perfectly.

I could fab up some sweet shifter ***** with whatever you liked on top out of aluminum... similar to the Mach 1 units.

Any other ideas or requests?

I will have to do production calcs on these, weigh demand, spread word, possibly buy tools, etc. so it would be a while before I start making anything.
So are you considering any of these ideas?
Old 9/21/05, 06:40 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
And another vote for the manual shifter trim surround. Also, a nice shift **** for $50 or less (something like the Mach 1 ****).
Old 9/22/05, 10:44 AM
Bullitt Member

I second replacement speaker grills!
Old 9/22/05, 11:43 AM
Mach 1 Member

Speaker grills for sure, how about something for the blah, cupholder and maybe something to liven up the radio, not ***** but that area seems a little plain, just a lot of black plastic
Old 9/22/05, 02:52 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by cruisin@September 22, 2005, 10:46 AM
Speaker grills for sure, how about something for the blah, cupholder and maybe something to liven up the radio, not ***** but that area seems a little plain, just a lot of black plastic
I'll second the radio idea . . how about some thin adhesive mount covers for plastic concaved push buttons like the "Menu" one.
Old 9/23/05, 09:00 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
A nice set of radiator covers would be nice especially after taking off the hood lift. I have seen this on other mustangs but not on the 05/06 as of yet. I know it's just a matter of time before somebody does it. The Blow by racing has the mirrored acrylic ones out but I doubt that they will be stand up to the test of time as well as polished or unpolished aluminum.
Old 9/24/05, 06:18 AM
GT Member

Another vote for woofer trim rings and shift boot trim ring!

Quick Reply: What would you like made out of aluminum?