05-09 Interior and Audio Mods Enhancing Your Mustang's Interior and Sound System

What would it cost....

Search this Thread

Old 7/5/06 | 04:41 AM
Legacy TMS Member

What would it cost....

I was wondering how much it would cost to make the passenger seat electronic??? What's involved in the process? example do i need a whole new seat or would it be a matter of buying some electrical parts and switches????
Old 7/6/06 | 08:45 AM
Cobra Member

I'm interested in the same thing... however, I don't think it's going to be that simple. I'm sure it's going to be at least robbing the seat base from an '07. but because of the switch modules being integrated in the seat molding around the base, I'm sure it's going to be as far as swapping the whole seat all together... then you'll have to run a pigtail over .... 'cause there isn't any wiring for that. I don't know if there is a plug, or if it'll have to be tied in. Then... there's the issue of the colors matching. I personally, would love to have the 2 tone seats from the '07.. but I have to do the back seats too. I know it's going to be $1600 or so to have it all reskinned ..... so I have to weigh the options.

ok.. an update.. sorta. I'll get a complete estimate on retail price for the retro fit, but a buddy of mine is lookin' into it for me. So far, the seat track retails for $528.00. The seat part numbers are the same (padding, etc.) as the '05, so it will fit the track. He's gonna get back to me on the switches, and the wire harness, etc.