05-09 Interior and Audio Mods Enhancing Your Mustang's Interior and Sound System

Upgrade your console armrest to leather or Alcantara

Search this Thread

Old 5/7/12, 10:02 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by amustangrocks
we just made our first cover from this material. this is the real deal stuff from Italy. its the same material found on the boss steering wheels. it has a awesome feel and a great look. the option for this should be up on the website in about a week. heres a few pics
Looks great.

I'm ready to order up an Alcantara armrest and shift boot to match my BOSS wheel. The pieces I bought from the 'other' place were sorely lacking in quality.
Old 5/7/12, 11:43 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Scruffy281
Looks great.

I'm ready to order up an Alcantara armrest and shift boot to match my BOSS wheel. The pieces I bought from the 'other' place were sorely lacking in quality.
is it the quality of the material or the construction? the material is the same 9040 and is a flawless black suede look. we have only worked on the armrest covers so far, the construction and pad is exactly the same as the leather covers we make.

it is a different material though. harder to work curves with as it doesnt have the stretch the leather has. it also comes in 2 thicknesses. its actually the same thickness, but one has a backing on it, one doesnt. we used the thicker with backing for the top and sides along with our 1/4" padding, but had to use the thinner one for the frt flap that folds over which works out perfect. its a extremely awesome looking cover i think, and our quality is the best it can be for construction and fit.

this week we will work on the shift boot, should be no problem at all, but we will have to use the thinner to keep it from being stiff. the only part up in the air right now is the full and 3/4 e brake as we will have to see how all the curves will fit, it is a very hard pc to make but i think its gonna work out fine also.

due to the price being locked up like it is, it will cost more than the leather. the armrest cover will be $90 shipped, $91 with colored stitch other than black. i`ll have it up on the website later this week, or send me a pm if you want us to get one out to you sooner and we can make off site arrangements.

however, especially with a new product, if your not happy with the product, with the material or construction and its not something we can correct, we will let you return it no problem.

Last edited by amustangrocks; 5/7/12 at 11:45 AM.
Old 5/8/12, 09:45 AM
Bullitt Member

It was the fit/finish I would say. The arm rest cover simply pulls over the stocker and bunches up on the sides. Not a fan of the look.

The shift boot was a total DIY. Had to glue it all to the frame, and cut the rubber o-ring out of the stocker and glue into the new one. Had a tough time slipping the rubber shift handle piece into the new assembled boot, which started to tear at the seams ever so slightly.
Old 5/8/12, 11:43 AM
Mach 1 Member

It was the fit/finish I would say. The arm rest cover simply pulls over the stocker and bunches up on the sides. Not a fan of the look.

The shift boot was a total DIY. Had to glue it all to the frame, and cut the rubber o-ring out of the stocker and glue into the new one. Had a tough time slipping the rubber shift handle piece into the new assembled boot, which started to tear at the seams ever so slightly.
i got the Alcantara option set up last night on the texture option drop down for the leather covers on the store page of the website. our covers fit snug and are custom made to fit and look great.

our shift boot is still a diy project as far as gluing it to the trim ring, but we use a special size oring and glue them in so you dont have to mess with that or fold it inside out and use a zip tie and end up with the baggy look around the shifter handle or boot adapter. the oem boot o ring is too thick to re-use for the leather boots as the oem vinyl boots are paper thin. still working on the Alcantara shift boot and e brake option.

Last edited by amustangrocks; 5/8/12 at 12:26 PM.
Old 5/8/12, 12:41 PM

Love the arm rest cover and e-brake. Makes a huge difference!

Old 5/8/12, 01:39 PM
Bullitt Member

Will you have the 'charcoal' stitching to match the Boss 302 wheel?
Old 5/8/12, 03:06 PM
Mach 1 Member

[quote=sonic245;6341680]Love the arm rest cover and e-brake. Makes a huge difference!]
looking good sonic

Will you have the 'charcoal' stitching to match the Boss 302 wheel?
pm sent
Old 5/24/12, 11:09 AM
Mach 1 Member

looks like i`ll have to order some charcoal alcantara, just a shade lighter than the black, and will have it as a option also in another week or so. in the meantime, heres a shift boot with the black alcantara. this material option is on the drop down texture/grain list, on the leather shift boot located on the store page. not yet on the e brake covers, still tweeking the the pattern on the brake covers. wont be long though, almost have it.

i know this is the wrong forum here, but we are waiting on some test results and we should have a new leather e brake boot with a top stitched seam for the 2010+ cars and a leather shift boot is in the works too.( just in case some guys or gals here have a set of stangs)
Attached Thumbnails Upgrade your console armrest to leather or Alcantara-dscf1966.jpg  

Last edited by amustangrocks; 5/24/12 at 11:21 AM.
Old 5/24/12, 11:28 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

we should have a new leather e brake boot with a top stitched seam for the 2010+ cars and a leather shift boot is in the works too.( just in case some guys or gals here have a set of stangs)
Yea! I was just thinking yesterday how my boot needs matching stitching.
Old 5/25/12, 10:07 AM
Bullitt Member

Looking forward to getting the BOSS matching gear from AML.
Old 5/31/12, 10:25 PM
Mach 1 Member

we just got the charcoal Alcantara in today, so we have black and charcoal. we also have the 2010+ E-Brake covers and shift boots up on the site now with all the material options.

Last edited by amustangrocks; 6/19/12 at 08:02 PM.
Old 6/19/12, 08:00 PM
Mach 1 Member

We have had some requests for a custom look using Alcantara top and leather sides on the covers. these covers look outstanding. so i just added another padded armrest cover part on the website that combines the materials to make a outstanding set combined with a matching E-Brake cover. these parts are up on the site for sale and include the leather grain and colored stitch options. this is a pic of the charcoal Alcatara and #1 smooth leather. it really matches well.
heres a link to the part
http://shop.amustangrocksleather.com...-Cover-009.htm
Attached Thumbnails Upgrade your console armrest to leather or Alcantara-dscf2037.jpg   Upgrade your console armrest to leather or Alcantara-dscf2046.jpg  

Last edited by amustangrocks; 6/20/12 at 09:39 PM.
Old 6/22/12, 09:21 PM
GT Member

@amustangrocks

Could you make a replacement padded leather door panel trim? With maybe stitching along the edges and maybe a tri-bar running pony in the middle? That would be great if you could do it for a reasonable price.
Old 6/23/12, 10:15 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Five.Point.Oh
@amustangrocks

Could you make a replacement padded leather door panel trim? With maybe stitching along the edges and maybe a tri-bar running pony in the middle? That would be great if you could do it for a reasonable price.
making/replacing a door panel like that would either have to be a full diy project or you would have to have it done at a auto upholstery shop, and i dont know how reasonable it would be. if the door panels with the trim werent so expensive i would consider buying one to work with.
Old 6/23/12, 02:06 PM
GT Member

making/replacing a door panel like that would either have to be a full diy project or you would have to have it done at a auto upholstery shop, and i dont know how reasonable it would be. if the door panels with the trim werent so expensive i would consider buying one to work with.
OK. That's fine by me. I understand you are in a business and you have to make a profit for a product to work. I'm going to try and make it myself, but have no idea where to get the leather...

Last edited by Five.Point.Oh; 6/23/12 at 02:09 PM.
Old 6/23/12, 07:35 PM
Mach 1 Member

you can look on ebay, or try miamicorp or any other leather supply.
Old 6/23/12, 11:35 PM
GT Member

you can look on ebay, or try miamicorp or any other leather supply.
May I ask what supplier you use for the "smooth" leather. I'm going to buy the "smooth" leather padded armrest, E-brake, and shift boot from you, so I want it all to match.
Old 6/24/12, 08:40 AM
Mach 1 Member

i`ll send a pm
Old 6/27/12, 01:41 AM
GT Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I would love it if u can mail me samples
Very interested
Old 6/27/12, 03:20 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by mustangsally_
I would love it if u can mail me samples
Very interested
pm me your shipping info and what samples you are thinking about, and for what parts, and what stitching i`ll get some out to ya

Quick Reply: Upgrade your console armrest to leather or Alcantara