05-09 Interior and Audio Mods Enhancing Your Mustang's Interior and Sound System

"Traditional" Tru-Billet Interior Handles Ready!!

Search this Thread

Old 12/19/06, 11:00 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
"Traditional" Tru-Billet Interior Handles Ready!!

Hey guys - rather than lose it in another one of our threads, I figured I'd post up that we have our "traditional" style interior door handles for the 94-07 Mustang now ready and available on our website. Stocks are low at the moment, but rising quickly, and as usual, we're striving for the highest quality piece we can offer, and at a price that this time really beats the competition.

The usual things apply to our pieces - anodized or plated, no machining marks, no weld spatter, no problems...

We're also working on a "deluxe" design, which is completely different than this one, but it is a lot harder to fixture and manufacture, so it's a few weeks behind these.

Enjoy!

http://www.silverhorseracing.com/web...ategory_id=254

Old 12/20/06, 12:48 AM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wow, Im the first to respond.

Can I get these before Christmas?

What are the Deluxe models going to be like?

-Dan
Old 12/20/06, 05:25 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wow. Those are nice
Old 12/20/06, 07:40 AM
Legacy Tms Member

Deluxe is going to be shaped much more like a "sculpture" and less "hard edged" like these. We're trying to contain costs on them, but they require a lot more machining time due to the fixturing issues and the detail work that is going into them with the special cutters. I should have pictures in a couple weeks of a finished prototype, as we just haven't had time on the machine to play with it and take it from op2 to op3 yet (Yes I have pictures in cycle, but why give away our secrets on holding / machining this to certain other entities that may be reading this?)

That said, these are really nice pieces, and the price I don't think anyone can touch. Our deluxe pieces may or may not be for everyone due to their unique look, and the price is going to be higher just due to the manufacturing overhead on them. Not a lot higher, but higher, so just be aware of it when making a decision on them.

And Cleveland - I have them on the website, so if you order them today, I'll ship out one of the first sets to you - still working on a good set of installation directions, but the parts are done, and fit perfect. Heck, anyone who orders a set TODAY, I will upgrade to 2nd day air shipping at no extra charge to get them in time for Christmas!
Old 12/20/06, 03:14 PM
Cobra R Member

Well put me on the list for the deluxe ones. Your stuff is so awesome I know the deluxe will rock. let us know when you can give us a pic. Thanks for all your awesome pieces marcello. I get compliments all the time on all of your pieces so far.
Old 12/20/06, 10:58 PM
Cobra Member

ordered # 534 to Burlingame

I tossed the Medalion in there too. Im looking forward to seeing what else you guys come up with.

-Dan
Old 12/21/06, 02:20 PM
Mach 1 Member

Will you need to take your whole door apart to install these? I really like the look but Im just not sure if its worth taking my door apart for.(especially since I suck at things like that)
Old 12/21/06, 07:17 PM
Cobra Member

it looks like a very easy job to me, probably really easy for the boys in my Ford service department to do too.

-Dan
Old 12/21/06, 08:39 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Cleveland
it looks like a very easy job to me, probably really easy for the boys in my Ford service department to do too.

-Dan
I refuse to take my car to Ford Dealers. The first (and last)time I had it in there the idiots were supposed to replace my radio (which they wired up completely wrong and the lights didnt work) and somehow in the process managed to scratch up and dent my shifter **** and completely scratch up the dash and the steering wheel. God I hate Ford Dealers!
Old 12/22/06, 08:21 AM
Legacy Tms Member

I'll post up installation instructions over the weekend - have to reformat everything and make it understandable.... But the doors do come apart for this, although it's like a 10 minute job, these cars really "snap together" for the most part. That's like doing the rear windows, everyone was worried until I went in and did it with a total of 4 hand tools in an hour, and 2 were for the seat belt, and one for the coat hook!!

Oh and Dan - sorry again man, I can't believe that happened that they shipped out all the satin finish parts... I should have more today, as they left anodize already, but with the holidays, I don't know if I will receive them, even though it's normally next day delivery back to me since they are so close. In any case, I'm sure that by next week they will be on their way to you.

** On edit ** Got them in today, and out they went Not too long for a "backorder"...under 24 hours!!
Old 12/22/06, 09:57 PM
Mach 1 Member

Just ordered a set of triple chrome plated "traditionals". I'm excited, but I don't get my car out of storage until April 1st, so they will hide in the closet a bit. Thanks!
Old 12/22/06, 10:15 PM
Legacy Tms Member

No problems - got it and it'll ship Tuesday - not to worry I'm on top of it!
Old 12/23/06, 08:29 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by S197 V6
I refuse to take my car to Ford Dealers. The first (and last)time I had it in there the idiots were supposed to replace my radio (which they wired up completely wrong and the lights didnt work) and somehow in the process managed to scratch up and dent my shifter **** and completely scratch up the dash and the steering wheel. God I hate Ford Dealers!
It's not like Dan has any choice about going to the dealer considering that he works there
Old 12/23/06, 04:31 PM
Bullitt Member

Yea, Right..... ordered. Can I still get them 2nd Day Air ?
Old 12/23/06, 08:39 PM
Legacy Tms Member

LOL - just come over here Tuesday and we'll put them in!

Seriously, it's only one day normally to you, so if I send it 2nd day it slows it down, believe it or not...
Old 12/23/06, 08:44 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by SilverHorseRacing
LOL - just come over here Tuesday and we'll put them in!

Seriously, it's only one day normally to you, so if I send it 2nd day it slows it down, believe it or not...
If I wasn't working I would. That 4 letter word always seems to rear it's ugly head when offers like that pop up. But I have this Monday and the next Monday off.....

I was only funnin' about the delivery.
Old 12/23/06, 08:50 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Oh, I know - it's no problem. We just wrapped up our first Christmas party of the weekend - kids get like 12 days of Christmas now with all the different friends and family that come and go over the next few days. I'm already worn out.

Monday and next Monday both are looking bad for me I got this thing going on that if I miss the "better half" will beat the snot out of me for it... you should see when we go racing on Thanksgiving weekend normally the look I get. Of course, dinner at the hotel overlooking the track at Sebring normally smooths that over, except when you ball up a car at that event.
Old 12/23/06, 08:52 PM
Bullitt Member

My other half 'likes' hotel sleep overs.....
Old 12/24/06, 09:22 AM
Cobra R Member

Marcello any chance of some spy shots on the deluxe version coming out? Would love some pics if you have some. Thanks
Old 12/26/06, 06:00 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Maybe tomorrow - we'll be back in the shop working on them, and if we get the third / fourth operation completed, we will have a "complete" albeit bare aluminum piece that we can photograph off of the machine. Right now it's pretty visible what it is, but like I said, we're not giving away any fixturing secrets by posting those pictures on the web. Just a little more patience - I've got the stove pretty full this week even though I thought I was going to be "off" for vacation...

Quick Reply: "Traditional" Tru-Billet Interior Handles Ready!!