05-09 Interior and Audio Mods Enhancing Your Mustang's Interior and Sound System

T-handle

Search this Thread

Old 11/5/05 | 09:32 AM
Bullitt Member

Anyone have any pics of a B&M T-handle or any t-handle shift **** in their mustang. I've been wondering what that would look like and if you can make it look decent in there.
Thanks
Old 11/5/05 | 09:35 AM
V6 Member

Stoopy does, I'll look for the link...

Here it is. I'm hotlinking, but he a good feller' and probably won't mind "for the cause".....

(Hint, this was for his spousal unit, that had experience with these...but he actually runs the "white ball"...as do I)

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y195/Torq...op/Hurst_05.jpg
Old 11/5/05 | 09:44 AM
Bullitt Member

Thanks ascout, So Im guessing with the stock shifter assembly in place I cant make a t-handle look good.. Basically because of the ugly (stock) rod underneath it and the fact that the boot wont have anywhere to sit. Id have to get the hurst shifter. I've already ordered the saleen kit since it was dirt cheap and I hope that satisfies me for a while.
Old 11/6/05 | 05:20 PM
V6 Member

Yo Ascout! :drive: I had to come here after finding someone hotlinked a picture, lol!

Here's another picture of the T-handle setup, and yes it's on a Hurst shifter. Thats who makes the T-Handle anyway, and you'll need matching threads.

gkaufman, you wouldn't want this with the stock shifter I don't think. The stocker is so low and the throw is so long, you'd be scraping your knuckles on the console, and banging them into the environmental controls every time you go into first, third or fifth. Don't know what threads the Saleen has...this is a 3/8-16 thread if that helps.

Old 11/7/05 | 04:43 PM
V6 Member

Originally posted by Stoopy@November 6, 2005, 6:23 PM
Yo Ascout! :drive: I had to come here after finding someone hotlinked a picture, lol!

Oh, Man....I am like, so busted! I throw myself on the mercy of the Squadron CO (inside joke...go with me on this one....) :worship:

OTOH, since the Stoopmeister had seen fit to link another (and better...one he didn't share with his minions...) image, I'm thinking I might just cop a plea and pledge an offering of our Private Reserve as a fine. Stoopy ain't cheap, but he can be bought, if you get my drift. His alter ego, though...stay away from that guy...he just doesn't listen to reason!
Old 11/11/05 | 08:27 AM
GT Member

Originally posted by gkaufman@November 5, 2005, 11:47 AM
Thanks ascout, So Im guessing with the stock shifter assembly in place I cant make a t-handle look good.. Basically because of the ugly (stock) rod underneath it and the fact that the boot wont have anywhere to sit. Id have to get the hurst shifter. I've already ordered the saleen kit since it was dirt cheap and I hope that satisfies me for a while.
Where did the Saleen piece install. Thinking of getting one.

Did it shorten the shifts as promised