The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   05-09 Interior and Audio Mods (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f692/)
-   -   Swap in2010+ Center Console? (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f692/swap-in2010-center-console-536084/)

SeanD 3/13/15 08:52 AM

Swap in2010+ Center Console?

Looking for pictures and input into swapping a 2010+ center console that has the interior upgrade package with the cup holder lights.

Just wondering how difficult it would be to get the lights working and the trunk release working.

Glenn 3/13/15 09:57 AM

Someone did it and had a thread not to long ago. I'll search for it when I get time later. Looked pretty good in there too

VGMStudios 3/13/15 10:03 AM

You know, the search function is a pretty cool tool! :D

My awesome mustang!

Did it last year.

Glenn 3/13/15 01:54 PM

I found the search function to be more useless than usefull. But I'm sure that's just smee

SeanD 3/13/15 07:02 PM

Only pretty cool and easy to find, when you are the creator of the thread!! ;)

Can I pick your brain on doing this conversion? I am really interested and just want to know how you connected up the trunk release and the My Colour lights.

Thanks,

Sean

Originally Posted by VGMStudios (Post 6907421)
You know, the search function is a pretty cool tool! :D

My awesome mustang!

Did it last year.

VGMStudios 3/13/15 08:18 PM

ha ha I was only kidding man.. just hasslein' ya! ;)

Sure pick away.
The rear truck was pretty easy. All I did was use this thread and figured out which pins controlled the trunk button. Made my own wire harness and hooked it up. There is a video on the second page which shows how to hook up a button (they are advertising a product but any push button will do.)

As for the My Color, I didnt use it though it does light up. What I did was chose a color (blue) and hooked that color up to a power source. I can not change the color of the cup holder with any buttons. If I want the color changed I would have to go into the console again and switch the power source to different pin combinations for that color. Hopefully that makes sense.

Any other more Qs, LMK.

Glenn 3/13/15 08:54 PM

You could probable use something like a heater temp control knob to control the my color.

jim010 3/15/15 11:10 AM

VGM,

A 13/14 LCD cluster would be perfect in your dash. At least then you could change the halo ring colour.

Nice job on making the console fit in nicely.

VGMStudios 3/15/15 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by jim010 (Post 6908189)
VGM,

A 13/14 LCD cluster would be perfect in your dash. At least then you could change the halo ring colour.

Nice job on making the console fit in nicely.

Thanks Jim. Thats the thing tho.. I made the cluster to LOOK like the 2010+ ones. Its pretty convincing huh! haha. ;)
The lights in the back are 2 EL Panels that I cut out and powered on. So there is no way of changing the color. Its forever blue. :)

Though by adding the 13 LCD wouldnt I need a new steering wheel buttons?

jim010 3/15/15 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by VGMStudios (Post 6908272)
Thanks Jim. Thats the thing tho.. I made the cluster to LOOK like the 2010+ ones. Its pretty convincing huh! haha. ;)
The lights in the back are 2 EL Panels that I cut out and powered on. So there is no way of changing the color. Its forever blue. :)

Though by adding the 13 LCD wouldnt I need a new steering wheel buttons?

You would. We are working on the details of getting the whole thing functional. There are some issues with using the switches from a 13/14 car. Cruise won't work right, and then there is the buttons on the right side that will be useless unless you retrofit sync and wire up the stereo controls as I see you and akdoggie did. There are other issues, too, but maybe by summer it will all be sorted out.