05-09 Interior and Audio Mods Enhancing Your Mustang's Interior and Sound System

Subwoofers not working

Search this Thread

Old 5/6/21, 12:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Subwoofers not working

So this is my first time installing a radio it’s a BOSS BV800ACP for the most part everything works and turns on fine sounds good, able to use bluetooth with my phone. But I realized the subwoofers didn’t work. I have stock subwoofers in the doors and in the trunk, none work. I’m probably not the first one to post about something like this on here but I don’t want to mess anything up since I’m doing this on my own.

It came with a few things and the only thing I’m not sure how to set up is the AFDI-5V which I think is why my subwoofers aren’t working but even though it has instructions it’s a little confusing for someone who’s never done this before. So if anyone is good with this stuff and is able to help I’d appreciate it!

Old 5/25/23, 03:06 AM

Same problem, please send help

Originally Posted by Spliced
So this is my first time installing a radio it’s a BOSS BV800ACP for the most part everything works and turns on fine sounds good, able to use bluetooth with my phone. But I realized the subwoofers didn’t work. I have stock subwoofers in the doors and in the trunk, none work. I’m probably not the first one to post about something like this on here but I don’t want to mess anything up since I’m doing this on my own.

It came with a few things and the only thing I’m not sure how to set up is the AFDI-5V which I think is why my subwoofers aren’t working but even though it has instructions it’s a little confusing for someone who’s never done this before. So if anyone is good with this stuff and is able to help I’d appreciate it!

I have the same problem, everything works fine but the subs arent working i dont know what else to do
Old 5/25/23, 12:07 PM
The Analog Admin!

Received 2,992 Likes on 2,199 Posts
I Just Did a Radio Help Thread For The Masses May Find Some Answers Here!

https://themustangsource.com/forums/...5/#post7075102

Also of Note to Viewers I Have Stuck Threads on the Help & Reference Topics Only and Removed From Sticky any Personal Type Topics.

KC

Last edited by 05stangkc; 5/25/23 at 07:33 PM.
Old 5/30/23, 11:47 AM

that smaller connector , plug the 2 rcas in the front output ports then wire the 2 blue/white wires into the blue wire comming from the head unit , ,power antena/subremote .the rca connections send the sound , and the blue wire tells the amps the stereo is on . there are 2 blue/white wires on that connector because there is a separate amp for each door speaker