05-09 Interior and Audio Mods Enhancing Your Mustang's Interior and Sound System

Steeda Interior Console Trim Overlay/Panel

Search this Thread

Old 5/13/08, 10:55 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs up Steeda Interior Console Trim Overlay/Panel

I know this was not a top product by members here but I went out on a limb here and I must admit the trim panel I got thru Steeda is a quality piece and color is quite nice and fitting for my console. I only wish I could convince them to make the 2 pieces to blend the factory dash trim down along the outline of the center control panel.

Last edited by ShowGT; 5/13/08 at 10:57 PM.
Old 5/13/08, 10:57 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Old 5/14/08, 05:00 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I like it!
Old 5/14/08, 07:09 AM
Team Mustang Source

Very nice!!! I want it.
Old 5/14/08, 07:11 AM
Team Mustang Source

I agree, the should make a piece for the center stack.

Originally Posted by ShowGT
I know this was not a top product by members here but I went out on a limb here and I must admit the trim panel I got thru Steeda is a quality piece and color is quite nice and fitting for my console. I only wish I could convince them to make the 2 pieces to blend the factory dash trim down along the outline of the center control panel.
Old 5/14/08, 07:25 AM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Looks great! I had thought about this for my car, went as far as purchasing it, but after painting my console black, it looks out of place. PM if interested in purchasing my non-installed one.

-danny
Old 9/28/08, 08:56 PM
Bullitt Member

I'm about to purchase this myself. Does someone offer a better deal than Steeda?
Old 9/28/08, 09:31 PM
Cobra Member

PM me, I still have mine for sale... make offer. It's never been installed.

-danny
Old 9/28/08, 10:35 PM
Legacy Tms Member

And we have our own coming out in about a week, along with new real Carbon Fiber trim kits and stuff It goes from where the IUP ends to the armrest in the small kit, then we have larger kits as well.

Just need to get pictures of it all to get it up on the web. Would've been sooner, but the material match in the first batch was off so we had to re-make the kits.

Last edited by SilverHorse-----Racing; 9/28/08 at 10:36 PM.
Old 10/1/08, 01:04 PM
Cobra Member

SHR-

Will yours have cut outs for the ambient light switch?
Old 10/1/08, 01:27 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Our "on the shelf" kits do not, as it is pretty straightforward to cut out the box on cars so equipped, but if you want to special order it, we can always custom cut it in production and get it on the way for you. It would probably take an extra week or two tops.
Old 10/2/08, 04:10 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by SilverHorseRacing
And we have our own coming out in about a week, along with new real Carbon Fiber trim kits and stuff It goes from where the IUP ends to the armrest in the small kit, then we have larger kits as well.

Just need to get pictures of it all to get it up on the web. Would've been sooner, but the material match in the first batch was off so we had to re-make the kits.
I am looking forward to seeing how yours turns out! Please keep us updated and post pics as soon as you can!
Old 10/2/08, 08:08 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Working on it

We've got them in house and in-stock, but just busy with a couple little tidbits as we prepare for SEMA....wish I could say what they are, as they are really exciting, but I have to keep it under wraps for the moment. (hint - watch Ford's next special edition release...)

Having the basic photography is one thing, putting it all together in a nice format for the webstore is a bit different, that's the only real holdup at this point - that and taking the CAD drawings of the layouts and turning it into a good image so you can see what is included in the different kits is a bit different, that's all that's holding that up at the moment.
Old 10/3/08, 03:28 AM
Mach 1 Member

ever since you told me about this, i have been REALLY excited to see what this looks like. i need to dress up my interior and engine bay.

typically i wouldn't think cf trim and mustang belong in the same sentence, but i KNOW you won't disappoint!
Old 10/3/08, 10:00 AM
Legacy Tms Member

Originally Posted by sound wave
ever since you told me about this, i have been REALLY excited to see what this looks like. i need to dress up my interior and engine bay.

typically i wouldn't think cf trim and mustang belong in the same sentence, but i KNOW you won't disappoint!
Hi Gary,

It actually looks pretty good - I ended up mixing two kits together in our SEMA car (my own car) and it looks really nice - silver on top, CF lower, and mixed in the billet here and there to finish it off. It's something different
Old 10/3/08, 11:50 AM
Mach 1 Member

marcello, one more thing. is it going to be an overlay like the steeda one showgt has above? or will it replace the whole panel? thanks.
Old 10/3/08, 01:15 PM
Legacy Tms Member

No these are overlay kits. To build that piece in real billet aluminum, you'd be talking about a 6-700.00 piece, which I doubt anyone wants to spend, especially right now. IT would be one awesome piece of machining though to see it done...
Old 10/5/08, 05:22 AM
Cobra Member

Hi Gary,

It actually looks pretty good - I ended up mixing two kits together in our SEMA car (my own car) and it looks really nice - silver on top, CF lower, and mixed in the billet here and there to finish it off. It's something different

Any pics of it installed in your SEMA car.
Old 10/5/08, 03:12 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Not yet - car's gone "black ops" until the reveal at SEMA

Have to have a little excitement!! Actually there's already like three new products on there that we will be carrying, and more coming, so while there are photos of some of it, we haven't done any new interior shots just yet.

Coming though...
Old 10/6/08, 06:52 AM
Mach 1 Member

I have that overlay on my car. I Wanted the shifter bezel but I thought it wouldn't fit anymore because of the added height the overlay adds. Is there any issues with the bezel not fitting properly?

Quick Reply: Steeda Interior Console Trim Overlay/Panel