05-09 Interior and Audio Mods Enhancing Your Mustang's Interior and Sound System

SilverHorse Racing Cup Bezel Handles, etc coming!!

Search this Thread

Old 9/9/06, 06:34 PM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Marcello,
It was great meeting you guys at the show. Thanks for setting up there.
Completely off topis, I have to ask about the "grille" in the background of your first pic. What is it?
Old 9/9/06, 09:15 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Oh, LOL... I just laid it on top of a scrap honeycomb taillight panel for a different look. Helps keep people guessing

It was a pleasure to meet you asnd everyone else there. If my daughter wasn't along screaming the whole time, I think we really would have been able to get out and have some fun, but being the "family guy" is cool too sometimes. I enjoyed it.
Old 9/9/06, 09:42 PM

Could possibly make a nice front grille.
Old 10/4/06, 05:59 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Cup holder bezels are here!

Sort of

There was a death in the family of the anodize shop owners, so we're a bit behind in getting stuff back from them, but we received our first 10 pieces of the cup holder bezels back today! They are black anodized, non-GT parts, per the requests of a lot of people at the MCA show. The polished and chrome plated ones with the GT engraving will be along hopefully soon - machining is done, they are just off in neverland at the moment.

I'll get some pictures up tomorrow. While I like the more noticable finishes for this part, people asked for it, so we produced it !
Old 10/5/06, 01:16 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where's the pics??????????
Old 10/5/06, 01:54 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Old 10/5/06, 06:51 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Ok, just took these, so please excuse the low-quality... this is the black anodized, plain finish one, and a pre-prduction chrome finish GT one. Production GT pieces will have the GT lettering moved closer to the large diameter hole, so it is easier to see when seated in the car (once again, the little details that bug me...)
Attached Images      
Old 10/5/06, 08:13 PM

The cupholder bezels look great, nice work. My company is just finishing up a similar project, but it makes the panel a switch/gauge setup instead of cupholders.

What type of machine are you using? My parnter and I have been learning with our CNC for the past few years. It's a lot of fun making chips!

Here's a pic of a setup done for a 2005 GT:

Old 10/5/06, 08:41 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by speedofsound
The cupholder bezels look great, nice work. My company is just finishing up a similar project, but it makes the panel a switch/gauge setup instead of cupholders.

What type of machine are you using? My parnter and I have been learning with our CNC for the past few years. It's a lot of fun making chips!

Wow! Thats sweet!
Old 10/5/06, 08:48 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Originally Posted by speedofsound

Very nice work - we are doing a similar part, but not incorporating the gauge like you have done. As to machines:

300 Ton Injection press
Daewoo VMC
Milltronics 3 Axis toolroom CNC
Daewoo 2 axis turning
YCI 3 Axis Milling Center
Bridgeport Manual machines
Hardinge Super Precision Lathe

That's off the top of my head... I've been looking at some nice 5 axis VMC's, but just don't have the work to justify them - yet.

Heck, in my previous life as a CNC sales / service tech, I setup an 11 axis live-tool, subspindle turning center. And there were more than a few 9 axis screw machines under my belt too...
Old 10/6/06, 06:19 AM

Wow, Marcello, I'm green with envy at your equipment!

We are now fellow Milltronics owners, though. We just picked up an MB18 toolroom mill with a Centurion 6 control. I'd love to bend your ear about and learn from your experience. So far, it's been awesome.

I got your email, and will call you when I free up today. It's going to be hectic, but I will likely have some time this afternoon.

Alan
Old 10/6/06, 07:10 AM
Cobra R Member

Have you ever wortked with a CNC laser cutter? We have one at my work, its pretty sweet, and the precision is really good. i know we can cut through .250ss plating with relative ease.

Originally Posted by SilverHorseRacing
Very nice work - we are doing a similar part, but not incorporating the gauge like you have done. As to machines:

300 Ton Injection press
Daewoo VMC
Milltronics 3 Axis toolroom CNC
Daewoo 2 axis turning
YCI 3 Axis Milling Center
Bridgeport Manual machines
Hardinge Super Precision Lathe

That's off the top of my head... I've been looking at some nice 5 axis VMC's, but just don't have the work to justify them - yet.

Heck, in my previous life as a CNC sales / service tech, I setup an 11 axis live-tool, subspindle turning center. And there were more than a few 9 axis screw machines under my belt too...
Old 10/6/06, 10:24 AM
3rd Times A Charm

How much for the Black anodized cup holder bezel? They look great!

Alan!!!

What's up man! How are the new cup holder gauges coming along?
Old 10/6/06, 10:24 AM
Legacy Tms Member

Originally Posted by Cheese302
Have you ever wortked with a CNC laser cutter? We have one at my work, its pretty sweet, and the precision is really good. i know we can cut through .250ss plating with relative ease.
My brother has, but I've never "worked" on them, although I am familiar with them. I've got a cool cutout of our logo we did in SS using a Omax waterjet that was on display at my previous employer's showroom. It's going to end up attached to our racing simulator, looks really cool.

Alan,

Pleasure talking with you - like I said, nice work. Our Milltronics in-house is an RH-14, and I have easy access to the RW-15's that are local at accounts I helped train. The Milltronics is by far the easiest machine to program, and if you get stuck, drop me a line - I used to do the training on the software at our "training schools" we had. The Cent 6 has most of the capability of the Cent 7, although the 7 did introduce some neat things like island call-out and stuff that the 6 doesn't understand w/o a lot of work.
Old 10/6/06, 10:43 AM
Legacy Tms Member

Oops - price -

45.00 in black anodized. 55.00 in triple-plate chrome.

We're having our chrome worked shipped out of state now to one of the best in the business, I could tell you who they do custom work for, but then I'd have to kill you When you see it though, it's worth it. The anodize we are still having done well locally, that's why it's already back and in stock.

I guess we need to get them up on the website... will cover that this weekend.
Old 10/6/06, 11:36 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The cup bezel looks great. Count me in... What ever happen with the speaker cover?
Old 10/6/06, 07:27 PM
Legacy Tms Member

LOL - I, along with a few people, didn't like the way they turned out, so we're re-working them now - we have 200 sets that are done, but going back in to make them more "racy" in appearance. Hopefully we'll have some soon on that with the re-design implemented. Also, I'm working on a complete replacement through a source that might be able to do it the way I originally envisioned it - but that's up in the air at the moment.
Old 10/6/06, 08:15 PM

Now if someone could just come up with a way to make them less bulky. Those are the ugliest speakers/speaker-covers I've ever seen. They stick out WAY too much! Passengers make fun of them all the time.
Speakers are supposed to be recessed. They aren't supposed to be trip hazards when getting out of the car.
Old 10/7/06, 12:17 AM
Legacy Tms Member

I don't know - I kind of like them there - although I don't like the surround on them, kind of plain on my black-on-black interior. They need something, something I'll get the guys working on as we get a chance.
Old 10/7/06, 07:35 AM
legacy Tms Member

Received 61 Likes on 28 Posts
Marcello-
suggestion on the black cupholder bezels- have you considered putting the finished part in a lathe and use a PCD insert to cut a chamfer thru the black, then powdercoat the whole thing? Summit now sells powdercoat 'kits' for stuff small enough to put in your oven... just think the black with 'chromed' looking rim would be attractive to those of us with charcoal/non-IUP, ya know- kinda matches the vent bezels...just curious...
Keep up the good work- Tim

Quick Reply: SilverHorse Racing Cup Bezel Handles, etc coming!!