05-09 Interior and Audio Mods Enhancing Your Mustang's Interior and Sound System

Silver Horse Bezel and cupholder pic request

Search this Thread

Old 1/30/07, 10:13 AM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Silver Horse Bezel and cupholder pic request

I was browsing Silver Horses's web site and found some pics of Silver Horse's shifter bezel and cup holders , and was wondering if anyone would snap some pics of theirs for me. I searched and did not come up with any, and while his site has pics I would like to see more "actual" installed pics. Any color black/silver/chrome w/or with out GT logo. Thanks everyone!
Old 1/30/07, 04:03 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Let me just say this, anything you buy from silverhorse is well worth it. Quality is second too none. Good luck
Attached Thumbnails Silver Horse Bezel and cupholder pic request-p1010040.jpg   Silver Horse Bezel and cupholder pic request-p1010042.jpg   Silver Horse Bezel and cupholder pic request-p1010046.jpg   Silver Horse Bezel and cupholder pic request-p1010048.jpg  
Old 1/30/07, 08:01 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thanks

Here's a couple customer photos, we haven't gotten too many "good" photos of this piece yet on customer cars, hence why we don't have them on our customer car section (which is getting so big it looks like we need to split it into sub-pages...)

Anyway, hope this helps you out.
Attached Images     
Old 2/2/07, 04:29 PM
Mach 1 Member

I like the flip down rear emblem hiding the key hole, do you guys make it with the newer GT logo font?
Old 2/2/07, 04:36 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Originally Posted by dekujala
I like the flip down rear emblem hiding the key hole, do you guys make it with the newer GT logo font?
Our engraved one currently uses the same font that we use on our fuel doors. If you want it to match the fenders exactly, I would recommend one of our "basic" rear medallions that is smooth, and to that you can add any factory emblem you like. Brad just did this with PSH, and the results were amazing.
Old 2/3/07, 08:48 AM

Originally Posted by SilverHorseRacing
Our engraved one currently uses the same font that we use on our fuel doors. If you want it to match the fenders exactly, I would recommend one of our "basic" rear medallions that is smooth, and to that you can add any factory emblem you like. Brad just did this with PSH, and the results were amazing.
The Silver Horse parts look awesome and are of great quality. I have the cupholder bezel and the rear medallion. Since my car is tungsten I am going to paint the GT part of the emblem on the rear medallion to match the car.
Old 2/5/07, 06:16 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Marcello what are the odds of you creating something like this? Except I'd want it to sit at the bottom so that the cupholders are still usable.
http://www.stangmods.com/Mustang-Cup...te-p/00895.htm
I'm basically asking for a piece exactly like you have now but with the holes filled and that it sit on bottom of the cupholder.

Did that make any sense?
Old 2/5/07, 06:24 PM
Legacy Tms Member

I know what you're asking for, but the reality is zero. You basically want something that is dressing up the cupholder area, but hard to see, hard to clean, hard to remove (because it will be stuck in the bottom) - plus there doesn't seem to be much interest for a piece like that.

Now on a one-off custom, it can be done, but you're talking about probably 125.00 or so, and a month or maybe a little more lead time after placement of the order. Basically, we'd pull a cup holder from production prior to center bore work, and then manually trim the backside so that it would "fall" to the bottom. Then finish as normal in a run of parts.

So I'm not saying it can't be done, just that we have a lot of other fish to fry currently.
Old 2/5/07, 06:27 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Thanks for the quick reply. Glad to hear you'd be willing to do a "one off" I'll keep that in mind.
Old 2/6/07, 10:36 AM
GT Member

How much is the rear emeblem that looks awsome. Does it come painted with the insert?
Old 2/6/07, 12:15 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Originally Posted by another 06gt
How much is the rear emeblem that looks awsome. Does it come painted with the insert?
http://www.silverhorseracing.com/web...ategory_id=255

Painting is optional for an additional 35.00+double shipping (needs to go to Hireman), but I have one in stock currently with black metallic lettering / polished finish that I will sell for regular price without any additional charge for the paint.
Old 2/7/07, 08:44 AM
Cobra Member

I left this post alone for a while to see what replys I would get. Nice to see I got some Let me ask you guys a question my new GT is going to have the Dark IUP and I was thinking that with very little silver actually in the car I am not sure if the silver would go well with the Dark IUP. So should I go with chrome&black parts or will the silver look good with the dark IUP, Got any opinions?

Also Marcello is there any chance of making the Auto shifter bezel in the black you offer on the cup holder?
Old 2/7/07, 01:25 PM
Team Mustang Source

Just my 2 cts but I think it would depend on what your overall plans are for the interior - chrome looks good with darker colors. If your thinking of adding more interior mods down the road, would think they should match.
Old 2/7/07, 05:52 PM
GT Member

I made the mistake of ordering a cupholder bezel from someone other than Silverhorse Racing....won't do that again, finish was terrible and nothing fit..totally useless. My newest Cupholder bezel...which I did order from Silverhorse just came in and it is perfect, great finish, and fully functional...definately the best out there.....
Old 2/8/07, 08:40 AM
Cobra Member

Oh I have already rules out the others, I am buying from silver horse. I just need to decide on the color of the interior parts.
Old 2/8/07, 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by SilverHorseRacing
http://www.silverhorseracing.com/web...ategory_id=255

Painting is optional for an additional 35.00+double shipping (needs to go to Hireman), but I have one in stock currently with black metallic lettering / polished finish that I will sell for regular price without any additional charge for the paint.

Ok, so here is my question. When I ordered mine I didn't know that the painting was available for the GT letters. Do you know what is required to be able to paint the GT correctly? I have the chrome unit. Do I need to rough up the letters, apply primer, etc???
Old 2/8/07, 08:09 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Hireman (aka Bill Coogle) is doing the custom work for us. While I would be able to walk you through how I would do it, that's his "day job" so I'd ask his advice on it. Alternatively, you could just unbolt the door at the hinge point and send it to him for paint - he can then do it and return it to you.
Old 2/13/07, 05:05 PM
GT Member

I also just got my rear emblem and just installed it this weekend not knowing that colored lettering was available...looking at the car from behind i think the letters could use color. My question for SilverHorseRacing is...how does the pant get put on? is it anodized? is it painted? what are the color options? how will the painted letters hold up if applied on top of chrome?
Old 2/14/07, 08:00 AM
Legacy Tms Member

He's got a new primer for working on top of chrome - email him at:

hireman356@aol.com
Old 2/14/07, 03:12 PM
Bullitt Member

Can anyone (Marcello?) tell me if a Venti Starbucks cup with a sleeve fits in the rear hole? That's direly important to me.

Quick Reply: Silver Horse Bezel and cupholder pic request