05-09 Interior and Audio Mods Enhancing Your Mustang's Interior and Sound System

SHR Interior Pieces -Matching to IUP

Search this Thread

Old 6/4/08, 09:22 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SHR Interior Pieces -Matching to IUP

I'm looking at a cup holder and am trying to figure out which finish to go with.

Does the satin finish match the IUP steering wheel spokes? If not I might go with chrome since it should match the trim rings in the car. Plus should look good if I put in a Hurst shifter.

Anyone have pictures?
Old 6/4/08, 09:27 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Matches perfectly. May have a shot in my gallery herre. If not I'll dig one out for ya.

Last edited by FLAstangx3; 6/4/08 at 09:33 PM.
Old 6/4/08, 09:32 PM
Bullitt Member

The satin matches the IUP, but I really like the chrome better. I have both the satin and the chrome. The chrome ties in with the vent trim rings and really pops.
Attached Images  
Old 6/12/08, 10:13 AM
Cobra Member

If you want it to match the steering wheel spokes you need to get the polished and clear anodized finished. If you look at the steering wheel spokes verses the silver on your vents you will noticed they are slightly different.
Old 6/12/08, 06:08 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by 302svt
If you want it to match the steering wheel spokes you need to get the polished and clear anodized finished. If you look at the steering wheel spokes verses the silver on your vents you will noticed they are slightly different.
This is true. I was really intending it to match the rest of the trim. IUP shifter ring, handles and stuff.
Old 6/12/08, 07:16 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by randy_tho
This is true. I was really intending it to match the rest of the trim. IUP shifter ring, handles and stuff.
Thats what I did and I went with the Satin. Matches the shifter ring great.
Old 6/25/08, 09:45 PM
Mach 1 Member

Just got the satin cupholder plate. The brake handle is ordered.

It matches the IUP shifter almost perfect if not completely.

Now if the factory trim was this high quality. The craftsmanship is amazing on this piece.

I'll need to get some pics of this thing with the ambient light. Should make it look pretty cool.
Attached Thumbnails SHR Interior Pieces -Matching to IUP-img_7118.jpg   SHR Interior Pieces -Matching to IUP-img_7119.jpg   SHR Interior Pieces -Matching to IUP-img_7117.jpg  

Last edited by randy_tho; 6/25/08 at 09:47 PM.
Old 6/26/08, 12:04 PM
Cobra Member

Looks good, Now you need the AC *****.
Old 6/26/08, 12:55 PM
Team Mustang Source

Ha Ha. "Told Ya So" Cannot go wrong with the SHR Blinging for our cars. Super Products, Super'er Support.
Precision Craftsmanship with a backing manufacturer.

There is only one other one like them out there. And their pieces compliment each other, and both offer a little different choice of items, but the same high quality precision. MGW.
Old 6/26/08, 01:13 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by FLAstangx3
Matches perfectly. May have a shot in my gallery herre. If not I'll dig one out for ya.
Did you paint the AC vents yourself? Those look pretty good actually! How did you get the vents off? I want to do this!
Old 6/26/08, 01:22 PM
Team Mustang Source

They just pull straight out. I lightly buffed them, then just added some satin clear coat. I get tired of waiting for manufactures to come up with simple upgrades. Soo, I attempt them myself. When I screw up, hey, thats what the parts counter guy is there for.

It really is a very easy task. My wife just doesn't understand sometimes, when parts of our newest car seem to be flying of it and all over the garage
Old 6/26/08, 03:08 PM
Mach 1 Member

They just pull straight out. I lightly buffed them, then just added some satin clear coat. I get tired of waiting for manufactures to come up with simple upgrades. Soo, I attempt them myself. When I screw up, hey, thats what the parts counter guy is there for.

It really is a very easy task. My wife just doesn't understand sometimes, when parts of our newest car seem to be flying of it and all over the garage
they pull straight off including the sides? I figured the center vents came off easily but theres slivers on the sides... Do those come off as well?? If so then SWEET!
Old 6/26/08, 03:19 PM
Team Mustang Source

Yes. But you get the vent's with it, when you pull. There is an internal tube that these slide into. When you pull them straight out, you get the bezel and the vents and there container. Then just snap off the ring. (Which also simply just pulls apart for painting). When I put in my ROUSH gauge vents, I found yet another sleeve in there thats needed to come out for the wiring/tubing. For that one you to Tweak it to get out. But there is no reason for that piece to be removed just to get at the bezel. when you put the vent's back in, you just have to line up the "catches" on the ring with the vent pod itself
Old 6/26/08, 07:55 PM
Mach 1 Member

These cars seem to snap together like legos. Just got the Street Scene center fog but one of the tabs was broke. They could do a better job packing it. Just some styrofoam stuck on the tabs.

Yes. But you get the vent's with it, when you pull. There is an internal tube that these slide into. When you pull them straight out, you get the bezel and the vents and there container. Then just snap off the ring. (Which also simply just pulls apart for painting). When I put in my ROUSH gauge vents, I found yet another sleeve in there thats needed to come out for the wiring/tubing. For that one you to Tweak it to get out. But there is no reason for that piece to be removed just to get at the bezel. when you put the vent's back in, you just have to line up the "catches" on the ring with the vent pod itself
Old 7/12/08, 10:06 PM
Mach 1 Member

Here are some more pictures including the handle.
Attached Thumbnails SHR Interior Pieces -Matching to IUP-img_7141.jpg   SHR Interior Pieces -Matching to IUP-img_7145.jpg   SHR Interior Pieces -Matching to IUP-img_7148.jpg   SHR Interior Pieces -Matching to IUP-img_7152.jpg   SHR Interior Pieces -Matching to IUP-img_7159.jpg  

SHR Interior Pieces -Matching to IUP-img_7158.jpg  
Old 7/17/08, 06:53 PM
Bullitt Member

here's a somewhat crappy shot of my new SHR *****. (trying to work out some kinks in new camera.) the install was very simple, the look is awesome, and the company first class all the way. I happen to live in the same county as SHR's shop, so i went to pick up my order, and marcello gave me a tour of the facillity. really cool stuff going on in there. the employees all as nice as can be. can't wait for my next purchase.
Attached Thumbnails SHR Interior Pieces -Matching to IUP-pict0019.jpg  
Old 7/18/08, 12:30 PM
Mach 1 Member

I went with the chrome to match the AC vents and I'm glad I did
Old 7/18/08, 01:33 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
I've posted mine before, but here's a few more pictures. I went with satin to match the IUP. The few chrome accents (Hurst shifter and vent trim) give it a (what I consider to be) desired two tone. The MGW plug is also two tone.

Old 7/27/08, 08:15 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 127 Likes on 100 Posts
Originally Posted by randy_tho
Just got the satin cupholder plate. The brake handle is ordered.

It matches the IUP shifter almost perfect if not completely.

Now if the factory trim was this high quality. The craftsmanship is amazing on this piece.

I'll need to get some pics of this thing with the ambient light. Should make it look pretty cool.
randy_tho, where did you get that shifter bezel? I've been looking for something like that for the last 2 years!

--Correction: I looked it up that its part of the Premier Trim Package. I've just got to find a dealer that I can order the part from.

Last edited by Cavero; 7/27/08 at 08:42 PM.
Old 7/29/08, 09:16 PM
Mach 1 Member

I was going to say that I thought it was part of the IUP but I guess it is PTP.

I was thinking PTP = stitched dash, arm rest, console lid, different shift ****.

And IUP = dash plate, shiny trim, pedals, shift ring, and computer instrument cluster.

Originally Posted by Cavero
randy_tho, where did you get that shifter bezel? I've been looking for something like that for the last 2 years!

--Correction: I looked it up that its part of the Premier Trim Package. I've just got to find a dealer that I can order the part from.

Quick Reply: SHR Interior Pieces -Matching to IUP