05-09 Interior and Audio Mods Enhancing Your Mustang's Interior and Sound System

Should I get Shaker?

Search this Thread

Old 7/8/05, 11:05 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

I had this posted in audio mods but could not get a response there.

I'm going to being ordering my car in the next couple days and the only option I'm having trouple deciding on is the stereo. I was not going to go aftermarket, but after all the problem I've heard about the Skipper I'm not sure . The only reason I want to get the Shaker is because it would be nice to stay stock, and I like the look and location of the door mounted subs. My questioin to all you audio pros is this a good place to even mount subs? Would I be better of with subs in a box in the trunk? Should I mount my own in the door if I get the base unit. I don't want to spend $675.00 :nono: on an upgrade (Shaker) if I'm going to rip it out just so I can get factory door mounted sub location. What to do :scratch:
Old 7/9/05, 09:39 AM
V6 Member

I'm not an audio pro, but I think the shaker 1000 sound fantastic for a factory installed system. Its more than loud enough, and has plenty of base to boot. Everyone that's heard it is amazed. If you can find one at a dealer, take your favorite CD and have a listen..
Old 7/9/05, 12:59 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You will probably get as many different answers to this as people that respond. I too ordered the shaker 1000 because it's factory and I felt it sounded ok. I did have a chance to listen to it before buying and mine [so far] has not had any of the problems. On the other hand, the $$$ spent on the shaker could easily be put to better use in the aftermarket - but I'm getting older and the days of taking my interior apart to put in speakers or building boxes for the trunk are pretty much over.
Old 7/9/05, 01:03 PM
Mach 1 Member

Okay, here's my two cents, but its worth MILLIONS!!!

If you get the Shaker 500, you will enjoy it. It has good sound and everything is good about it. HOWEVER, if you want bass and a killer system, don't even DARE touching the Shaker 1000. I don't know what people will tell you or how THEY like it, but I test drive 3 with Shaker 1000's, and it sounds like Ford just dropped some sh1tboxes in the trunk to make it look cool. The sound is absolutely HORRIBLE. Thats why I got my SHaker 500, upgraded the speakers, and got an Alpine Type-S Subwoofer and Amplifier. The 1000 stinkS :notnice:
Old 7/9/05, 01:07 PM
Mach 1 Member

I order the Shaker1000 for the same reason. When I was 17 building my own system was great. Now I don't want to be bother, but still want a decent sound system. It was alot easier, albeit a little more expensive, to just order it with the Shaker as opposed to putting one in aftermarket.
Old 7/9/05, 01:15 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I got the stock setup and put in new speakers and a single 10" sub. The sound, IMO, is great. I can't crank the bass to deafening levels, but I don't need to. I was going to swap out the HU but I haven't seen anything that looks good in its place. If you're an audio person, definitely go aftermarket, you will always get a better sound with a properly built system, especially one that doesn't have paper cones.