05-09 Interior and Audio Mods Enhancing Your Mustang's Interior and Sound System

Shaker 1000/navigation?

Search this Thread

Old 2/20/08, 12:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Shaker 1000/navigation?

Has anyone been able to get the Shaker 1000 sub box in the trunk to work with the factory navigation unit on a 2005 - 2008?
Old 2/20/08, 03:43 PM
Bullitt Member

take it back to dealer
Old 2/20/08, 05:05 PM

My question is, does anyone know for sure that the shaker 1000 trunk sub box can work with the factory navigation system, if the navigation unit is properly configured?
Old 2/21/08, 08:18 AM

From what I know, the factory navigation is the equivalent of a Shaker 500. What you would be doing is running a Shaker 1000 trunk sub box off a shaker 500.

So, given that, I'm sure it's physically possible and you would also require a shaker1000 trunk-sub amplifier and maybe a line output converter to tap into the existing Shaker500 sub output (if you tapped into it directly, you would be reducing the amplitude of the signal that goes to the factory door subs).

But then again, if you're doing all that, you may as well just get an aftermarket 12" sub, pre-made Scosche or MTX thunderform enclosure that fits in the same location and is designed for our cars, and an aftermarket amp, for alot less money and alot more bass.
Old 2/21/08, 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by krnpimpsta
From what I know, the factory navigation is the equivalent of a Shaker 500. What you would be doing is running a Shaker 1000 trunk sub box off a shaker 500.

So, given that, I'm sure it's physically possible and you would also require a shaker1000 trunk-sub amplifier and maybe a line output converter to tap into the existing Shaker500 sub output (if you tapped into it directly, you would be reducing the amplitude of the signal that goes to the factory door subs).

But then again, if you're doing all that, you may as well just get an aftermarket 12" sub, pre-made Scosche or MTX thunderform enclosure that fits in the same location and is designed for our cars, and an aftermarket amp, for alot less money and alot more bass.
My 2007 GT/CS came with the Shaker 1000. I have replaced the Shaker 1000 Head Unit with the factory navigation unit. Since the swap the trunk sub box does not work. I have gotten conflicting opinions weather it can or can not be reprogrammed to work. One local shop that does a lot of work for the Ford Dealers told me that the factory (Pioneer) Nav Unit does not have the physical connections to drive the amps in the trunk, but H&H in Texas thinks it can be programmed to work. I don't want to remove the nav unit and send it off to be reprogrammed to get it back and find that the sub box still does not function.
Old 2/21/08, 10:44 AM

Ok, since you already have the 1000, here's what you can do to make it work with your factory nav:
1) Buy a line output converter ($100 - you can get a cheaper one, but this is what I used): http://www.logjamelectronics.com/sounlocbosli.html
2) Buy a 15 foot RCA cable. It can be stereo (two cables), but you will only need one.
3) Connect LOCB.2 input to the factory door sub inputs in driver footwell using wire taps ($1-2 at radioshack) or
4) Run RCA cable under door sill to trunk, and plug into shaker 1000 amp (I assume it uses an RCA input.. if it doesn't, that's not too hard to remedy)

Then you should be set to go. Let me know if you decide to go down this route and I can give you more specific directions if you need them.
Old 2/21/08, 01:13 PM

Krnpimpsta, Thanks for the info, and I may have to do something like that as a last resort.

But what I need to know is if anyone has been successful with getting the Shaker 1000 trunk sub box to work with the factory navigation unit by having the navigation unit (audio control module) reprogrammed. Or if anyone is sure that it can not be done.

As I said I don't want to remove the nav unit and send it off to Texas to be programmed if it is not going to fix my problem.
Old 2/21/08, 09:04 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 38 Likes on 26 Posts
KC has told me that the NAV units *can* be programmed to run the Shaker 1000.

Unfortunately, I have been waiting since April 2007 to make this happen - he has had problems with his programmers.

To date, I have been nearly a year without my Shaker 1000, and I'm getting ready to throw in the towel and go aftermarket. From what I have been told, Pioneer D3 / Z2 *will*run the Shaker 1000, and run it well.

Old 2/22/08, 10:44 AM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
I suggest checking through the other thread on NAV units, I think someone in there has a working NAV with the 1000 subbox, but I'm to lazy to go through the 14 pages for you.

Oh, and H&H has a form you fill out when you send your unit in, one of the questions is if you have a subwoofer for your factory system, I would hope this means the trunk sub box, but you can always e-mail them or call them and ask.
Old 2/23/08, 12:40 PM

OK I have a new question for you Ford tech types out there.
I have the VIN's for four different new Mustang GT's sitting on dealer lots (these are not cars in my area) which have as close to the correct configuration as I will be able to find in a stock original factory setup vehicle.
My question is can a dealer go online to the Ford as-built data base and down load the as-built audio control module data from one of those cars and upload that data into the audio control module in my car?