05-09 Interior and Audio Mods Enhancing Your Mustang's Interior and Sound System

Secret menu OEM Navigation menu pallet colors

Search this Thread

Old 8/19/17, 05:03 PM
Tms Mustang Member ------ The Customizer!

Received 126 Likes on 90 Posts
Secret menu OEM Navigation menu pallet colors

This is a total shot in the dark but I was finally able to get into the secret menu in the OEM Navigation unit and one of the menu items is that you can change the color pallet of the main menu among other items.

This option has 274 Index options (for example Index 25 is the background) that you can change.

So would anyone know where I can find a list of what all 274 indexes are because I want to customize my menu colours to look a little more modern.
Old 8/23/17, 08:29 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts
John. Have you tried this site?

http://www.freefordradiocode.co.uk/

Here is what Sonya looks like after a 375 mile (750 total) run to Fairbanks this past weekend. I had so much fun running thru the mountains around Denali. Killer drive.
Attached Thumbnails Secret menu OEM Navigation menu pallet colors-img_0338a.jpg  
Old 8/23/17, 08:33 PM
Legacy TMS Member

https://www.onlineradiocodes.co.uk/ford-radio-codes
Old 8/25/17, 05:41 PM

Thanks for the help but I just figured out that the unit head doesnt remember anything you program or change into it after you turn off the car! Totally sucks!
Old 8/26/17, 12:00 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 51 Likes on 47 Posts
Originally Posted by VGMStudios
Thanks for the help but I just figured out that the unit head doesnt remember anything you program or change into it after you turn off the car! Totally sucks!

You have something hooked up wrong then.
Old 8/27/17, 11:02 AM

How is that possible? I've read that a lot of ppl have the same issue that when changing something in the developers menu that it doesn't save like for example the gps restrictions. What could possibly be attached wrongly? Everything is plugged into the right spot.

Do you have an OEM nav unit? Maybe you can try and show me that yours works after changing a colour of the menu, turning off the car, then turning it back on to see of the change remains.
Old 8/28/17, 08:37 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 51 Likes on 47 Posts
How is that possible? I've read that a lot of ppl have the same issue that when changing something in the developers menu that it doesn't save like for example the gps restrictions. What could possibly be attached wrongly? Everything is plugged into the right spot.

Do you have an OEM nav unit? Maybe you can try and show me that yours works after changing a colour of the menu, turning off the car, then turning it back on to see of the change remains.
Well, I'm just assuming that if you change settings it would save those settings. Maybe that was a wrong assumption on my part. But I can't see making a unit that you have to reset settings every time you turn it on. That seems silly to me. If it has a constant on power I would think that it would allow settings to remain. Isn't that like resetting your my color every time you started the car.

My bad if I assumed the guys that developed the unit are weren't knuckleheads. That just seems stupid.
Old 8/28/17, 11:31 AM
Legacy TMS Member

It's not holding the information, within the head itself, because the software in the head, has a block info designed into it. It is like a stealing safety issue. It won't allow any changes, without using the DTC port and the IDS tool.

John, do you remember when Jim, 408Stang and Data174 were talking about making the changes inside the head? The IDS was required to make those changes and make them stick. If it was just done with the hidden buttons, the information would only stay until the car was turned off. It's like changing the start up logo. Without the IDS, you get what was there from Ford, Merc or Lincoln. With it, you can change to whatever logo the head has stored.
The following users liked this post:
VGMStudios (9/2/17)
Old 8/28/17, 11:47 AM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 1,153 Likes on 841 Posts
The key here is that it was something in the developer's menu you were changing. It sounds like it is a backdoor used by the factory programming team to try stuff out on the fly without having to recompile, build, and reload the software for each change. Those tweaks were never meant to be kept and would require the IDS to make the changes permanent.
The following users liked this post:
VGMStudios (9/2/17)
Old 9/2/17, 11:22 AM

Thanks guys for the info. I gotta look this up to see if i can aquire these tools. Maybe then I'll be able change it to the way I like it.

Btw Akdoggie. Ive sent you an email and a PM.
Did you get them?