05-09 Interior and Audio Mods Enhancing Your Mustang's Interior and Sound System

RUBBER Floor Mat Ideas

Search this Thread

Old 7/8/05, 11:59 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have read through some other posts on floor mats, and Looked closely at what folks have suggested. Nothing has really cried out to me.

Any type of carpet mat (even the nice heavy carpet) has never done the trick for me. Not to mention... one spill and they're ruined most times. I also have the tendancy of wearing holes in them, or wearing them down to the backing pretty quickly.

The stock mats aren't big enough or heavy enough to stay put. Rubber mats are really the only option that has EVER worked, and the only one that I want to use in this car.

I have CAP, and so I want something that complements the red leather. I'd PREFER a nice red mat. Well, no one makes red rubber mats, right? Then it dawned on me... My 66 mustang has some really cool rubber mats that are color keyed - AND THEY OFFER THEM IN RED!

I mentioned this before and have not as of yet purchased them to give it a shot. The mats aren't too expensive and can be found at any classic mustang store. They'll be way too big, so I would have to trim them down to size. They come with the rear mats as well (so no extra purchase necessary) for a total price of around $59.95

The other option would be these mats:

Weathertech Mats

I have had these a number of times, and with out fail, they have been the greatest mats I've ever used. While they wouldn't offer the color of the 66 mats, they would certainly offer deeper grooves to catch more spills. They also would clean up easier and wouldn't fade. They come in 3 colors, and the black ones have some red tipping on them. Looks really sharp and might even set things off better than the red ones.

I haven't decided which is better, but I'm open to other ideas too. I've seen some folks mention the clear walmart mats, and I'm not a big fan of them. I want something a little nicer. Like I said... I'm not a fan of carpet mats either, so I'm thinking these are really my only 2 choices. Anyone else have ideas?
Old 7/8/05, 12:02 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Those are cool. I ordered some black rubber mats from the FORD dealer. They are really thick, which I love! They have the horse logo on the front two mats. I paid 60 bucks for them as well.

I couldn't have carpet mats here --- too much red dirt!