05-09 Interior and Audio Mods Enhancing Your Mustang's Interior and Sound System

Red ICAP is rare equals frustration!

Search this Thread

Old 2/16/05, 10:54 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Capital Ford in Raleigh NC has several GTs on the lot w/ icap. Today they had 2 silver ones, a black one, and a redfire. All are fully loaded with s1000, upgrade wheels, and spoiler. They also have a white GT with spoiler delete which was on a rack so I could not see the interior color.

As for pricing, they have markups on the windows but call Warren Grant at (919)790-4633. He is in fleet sales and will work you a nice deal, he's also one of the few salesmen that actually cares his customers. I've bought several stangs from him and I'd reccomend him to anyone. He may even be able to help you find a car closer to home.
Old 2/16/05, 10:59 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Robert+February 16, 2005, 5:57 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Robert @ February 16, 2005, 5:57 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-DCFAN@February 15, 2005, 10:11 PM
To think, I was actually thinking of buying stock in Ford, boy was I thinking stupidly.
Do not under any circumstances by stock in Ford!

From the Globe and Mail:

Industry Experts Are Skeptical About The Automaker’s Prospects For 2005

"Ford Motor Co. may have recovered financially from the disastrous losses it racked up in 2001 and 2002, but industry analysts are increasingly doubtful about the prospects for 2005. And this skepticism applies despite third quarter profit late last year that was ahead of concensus estimates.

It's a sober assessment investors will have to contemplate, as they weigh whether to add (or subtract) the company to (or from) their portfolios.

'Ford's turnaround is reaching a plateau, given the tough spot it is in between [General Motors Corp.'s] price cutting and the Japanese [automakers'] growth,' John Casesa, auto analyst with Merrill Lynch & Co. Inc. in New York, said in a recent note to clients.

The fierce competition in North America is the key issue facing Ford, said Mr. Casesa, who rates the stock ‘neutral.’ It closed yesterday on the New York Stock Exchange at $13.03 (U.S.), below its 52-week high of $17.34.

It will be difficult for Ford to match last year’s late level of profit this year, let alone improve the numbers, Mr. Casesa said in an interview. ‘I think it will require continued heavy incentive support and probably increased capital spending going forward.’

Ford reported a profit of 28 cents a share in the three months ended Sept. 30, 2004, compared with 15 cents a year earlier.

But Mr. Casesa and other analysts note that the company’s profit is being driven by its financing business; its automotive operations continue to lose money.

‘We rate the shares as underweight,’ says Prudential Equity Group LLC analyst Michael Bruynesteyn. ‘We believe Ford stock will not perform as well as the group, particularly the Japanese [automakers], in an environment with rising interest rates, elevated inventories, energy prices staying up and increasing incentives.’

After the third-quarter results last year, Deutche Bank analyst Rod Lache told clients that profit improvement next year is unlikely, despite a flood of new products arriving on dealer’s lots throughout North America. He is projecting a profit of $1.55 a share for all of 2005 for Ford, significantly lower than his 2004 estimate of $2.15.

Mr. Lache has also maintained a ‘sell’ recommendation on the stock and a $12 price target, at the lower end of the $11-to-$17 range the shares have been trading in for the past year."

In other words: the writing may be on the wall.
[/b][/quote]

Robert, sure does seem like you enjoy Ford bashing. Every company has their challenges from time to time. Ford has risen from the debths of the earth before and they'll do it again, especially with a real FORD at the helm.
Old 2/17/05, 12:08 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by 97svtgoin05gt+February 17, 2005, 12:02 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(97svtgoin05gt @ February 17, 2005, 12:02 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by Robert@February 16, 2005, 5:57 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-DCFAN
@February 15, 2005, 10:11 PM
To think, I was actually thinking of buying stock in Ford, boy was I thinking stupidly.

Do not under any circumstances by stock in Ford!

From the Globe and Mail:

Industry Experts Are Skeptical About The Automaker’s Prospects For 2005

"Ford Motor Co. may have recovered financially from the disastrous losses it racked up in 2001 and 2002, but industry analysts are increasingly doubtful about the prospects for 2005. And this skepticism applies despite third quarter profit late last year that was ahead of concensus estimates.

It's a sober assessment investors will have to contemplate, as they weigh whether to add (or subtract) the company to (or from) their portfolios.

'Ford's turnaround is reaching a plateau, given the tough spot it is in between [General Motors Corp.'s] price cutting and the Japanese [automakers'] growth,' John Casesa, auto analyst with Merrill Lynch & Co. Inc. in New York, said in a recent note to clients.

The fierce competition in North America is the key issue facing Ford, said Mr. Casesa, who rates the stock ‘neutral.’ It closed yesterday on the New York Stock Exchange at $13.03 (U.S.), below its 52-week high of $17.34.

It will be difficult for Ford to match last year’s late level of profit this year, let alone improve the numbers, Mr. Casesa said in an interview. ‘I think it will require continued heavy incentive support and probably increased capital spending going forward.’

Ford reported a profit of 28 cents a share in the three months ended Sept. 30, 2004, compared with 15 cents a year earlier.

But Mr. Casesa and other analysts note that the company’s profit is being driven by its financing business; its automotive operations continue to lose money.

‘We rate the shares as underweight,’ says Prudential Equity Group LLC analyst Michael Bruynesteyn. ‘We believe Ford stock will not perform as well as the group, particularly the Japanese [automakers], in an environment with rising interest rates, elevated inventories, energy prices staying up and increasing incentives.’

After the third-quarter results last year, Deutche Bank analyst Rod Lache told clients that profit improvement next year is unlikely, despite a flood of new products arriving on dealer’s lots throughout North America. He is projecting a profit of $1.55 a share for all of 2005 for Ford, significantly lower than his 2004 estimate of $2.15.

Mr. Lache has also maintained a ‘sell’ recommendation on the stock and a $12 price target, at the lower end of the $11-to-$17 range the shares have been trading in for the past year."

In other words: the writing may be on the wall.
Robert, sure does seem like you enjoy Ford bashing. Every company has their challenges from time to time. Ford has risen from the debths of the earth before and they'll do it again, especially with a real FORD at the helm.
[/b][/quote]
Not this time; not without serious improvements to quality, process and customer service. 25 years ago we didn't have a dog-eat-dog global marketplace to deal with. 25 years ago Ford was the number two auto maker. Now they're number three...AFTER a Japanese brand!! Don't tell me again that they'll just "rise from the depths" like before. They're already on a downward spiral.

The remote up/down window issue is a prime example. Instead of the Ford GT being the "pacecar for an entire company," I now see the remote up/down window issue as "the litmus test for an entire company." If Ford chooses not to fix this simple issue and deal with customers forthrightly, that will tell me that they still don't give a rats azz about customers at the corporate culture level...which means nothing has really changed behind the doors of Mahogany Row...which means the writing is on the wall for Ford Motor Co.

I hope I'm wrong...I really do. I want to see the big American automakers come from behind and kick ****! I love the new Stang, but there seems to be too many compromises, and now they're taking away features - that other manufacturers don't have problems with - rather than offering to fix them. What's next? "Well, heck, your air conditioning doesn't work or comes on when it shouldn't? No problem, we'll just disconnect it."

It's the PRINCIPLE of the thing: where do you draw the line?

And now I hear rumblings on this board that the red color accent package (one of the nicest features of this car) is going to be discontinued too. Pffffff...