05-09 Interior and Audio Mods Enhancing Your Mustang's Interior and Sound System

Red ICAP is rare equals frustration!

Search this Thread

Old 2/15/05, 09:08 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
After searching all of the Mustang GT's that are on dealer lots within 200 miles of me, I am convinced that it is the red ICAP that is the most rare option. Sure we have all heard about the IUP being limited, but there are cars available with IUP if you look hard enough. The ICAP is presently almost non-existent at dealers.
I find this very frustrating, especially since my present car is on its last leg and my GT order is still clean and unscheduled. The ICAP and IUP are more important to me than the exterior color, in other words I am flexible with the exterior color but not the interior features. This is why I am so frustrated. I simply cannot find what I want even if I SETTLE on some options.
The fact that Ford used the ICAP and IUP to promote the car as being something extra special from the beginning makes it even harder to take.
The bottom line is that Ford is doing a really crappy job of getting there product that is in demand to the customers.
To think, I was actually thinking of buying stock in Ford, boy was I thinking stupidly.
Old 2/15/05, 09:24 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have a black GT with IUP and ICAP. I knew the moment I saw those pics that I wanted that red leather. I truly believe Ford under estimated how popular this interior would be. Demand is high and I seem to remember somewhere that the supplier was having some trouble keeping up with demand.

Don't settle. Be patient. You'll get there.
Old 2/15/05, 09:29 PM
V6 Member

Originally posted by 97svtgoin05gt@February 15, 2005, 10:27 PM
I have a black GT with IUP and ICAP. I knew the moment I saw those pics that I wanted that red leather. I truly believe Ford under estimated how popular this interior would be. Demand is high and I seem to remember somewhere that the supplier was having some trouble keeping up with demand.

Don't settle. Be patient. You'll get there.
Thanks for the encouragement. I am just getting tired of babying my 93 Ford Explorer to keep it going. I have to change the water pump this weekend, and the transmission is probably not long for this world either. Maybe this Friday my order will finally get serialized (lol).
Old 2/15/05, 09:30 PM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Part of the reason for it's popularity is that Ford continually advertises it. How many advertisements have there been without the IUP and ICAP? I would guess that Ford's great advertising department caused some problems for the people responsible for making sure enough supplies were avail.
Old 2/15/05, 09:57 PM
V6 Member

So far I've found you a White Automatic GT at Sheehy Ford of Springfield with IUP and Red Leather ICAP....but you have to take the Alarm system and upgraded wheels. I'm looking for more.
Old 2/15/05, 10:17 PM
Bullitt Member

heres what i found
torch red premium GT
5 speed manual
IUP & ICAP
upgraded rims (which i'm sure chould be traded out for the bullits)
active alarm
side air bags
Locking lugs
...don't know how far your willing to travel but its located in Denham Springs Louisiana at All Star ford...MSRP is 29,000 even, but its been there for a while so i don't know if they are asking more or not. They might even be willing to deal with you if they are having trouble selling it.

Hope this help...hey its even the exterior color you wanted! boy i'm good! B)
Old 2/15/05, 10:26 PM
Mach 1 Member

Morande Ford in Berlin CT has this car:

Torch Red Premium GT
5-speed manual
Active Anti-Theft
IUP
ICAP
Side Air Bags
Machined Aluminum wheels

MSRP $27,775

This car has been there for about 2 months. They may be willing to deal to get rid of it...
Old 2/16/05, 01:49 AM
Bullitt Member

Seems like they made a ton of black with the ICAP and IUP, I went into a dealer and just bought one
Old 2/16/05, 01:52 AM
GT Member

There is a silver GT with IUP and ICAP at Magnussen ford in the bay area. Last I heard they wanted MSRP + $4k for it It is almost the exact car I have on order, but they wouldn't take XPlan or budge on the price when I talked to them. And I'm sure some stinker will buy it.
Old 2/16/05, 04:54 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by DCFAN@February 15, 2005, 10:11 PM
To think, I was actually thinking of buying stock in Ford, boy was I thinking stupidly.
Do not under any circumstances by stock in Ford!

From the Globe and Mail:

Industry Experts Are Skeptical About The Automaker’s Prospects For 2005

"Ford Motor Co. may have recovered financially from the disastrous losses it racked up in 2001 and 2002, but industry analysts are increasingly doubtful about the prospects for 2005. And this skepticism applies despite third quarter profit late last year that was ahead of concensus estimates.

It's a sober assessment investors will have to contemplate, as they weigh whether to add (or subtract) the company to (or from) their portfolios.

'Ford's turnaround is reaching a plateau, given the tough spot it is in between [General Motors Corp.'s] price cutting and the Japanese [automakers'] growth,' John Casesa, auto analyst with Merrill Lynch & Co. Inc. in New York, said in a recent note to clients.

The fierce competition in North America is the key issue facing Ford, said Mr. Casesa, who rates the stock ‘neutral.’ It closed yesterday on the New York Stock Exchange at $13.03 (U.S.), below its 52-week high of $17.34.

It will be difficult for Ford to match last year’s late level of profit this year, let alone improve the numbers, Mr. Casesa said in an interview. ‘I think it will require continued heavy incentive support and probably increased capital spending going forward.’

Ford reported a profit of 28 cents a share in the three months ended Sept. 30, 2004, compared with 15 cents a year earlier.

But Mr. Casesa and other analysts note that the company’s profit is being driven by its financing business; its automotive operations continue to lose money.

‘We rate the shares as underweight,’ says Prudential Equity Group LLC analyst Michael Bruynesteyn. ‘We believe Ford stock will not perform as well as the group, particularly the Japanese [automakers], in an environment with rising interest rates, elevated inventories, energy prices staying up and increasing incentives.’

After the third-quarter results last year, Deutche Bank analyst Rod Lache told clients that profit improvement next year is unlikely, despite a flood of new products arriving on dealer’s lots throughout North America. He is projecting a profit of $1.55 a share for all of 2005 for Ford, significantly lower than his 2004 estimate of $2.15.

Mr. Lache has also maintained a ‘sell’ recommendation on the stock and a $12 price target, at the lower end of the $11-to-$17 range the shares have been trading in for the past year."

In other words: the writing may be on the wall.
Old 2/16/05, 05:26 AM
V6 Member

The white GT was the only automatic that I could find with ICAP. I would prefer to get a different color such as Torch, Redfire, Mineral Grey, or silver. I have found some with IUP but not ICAP in these colors.
Driving in stop and go traffic a lot rules out manual for me.
Old 2/16/05, 04:06 PM
V6 Member

Originally posted by DCFAN@February 15, 2005, 11:11 PM
After searching all of the Mustang GT's that are on dealer lots within 200 miles of me, I am convinced that it is the red ICAP that is the most rare option. Sure we have all heard about the IUP being limited, but there are cars available with IUP if you look hard enough. The ICAP is presently almost non-existent at dealers.
I find this very frustrating, especially since my present car is on its last leg and my GT order is still clean and unscheduled. The ICAP and IUP are more important to me than the exterior color, in other words I am flexible with the exterior color but not the interior features. This is why I am so frustrated. I simply cannot find what I want even if I SETTLE on some options.
The fact that Ford used the ICAP and IUP to promote the car as being something extra special from the beginning makes it even harder to take.
The bottom line is that Ford is doing a really crappy job of getting there product that is in demand to the customers.
Black GT with ICAP at Capitial Ford In Raliegh NC, I noticed your in VA so it's not too bad of a drive.
Old 2/16/05, 04:11 PM
Cobra Member

Strange how experiences are different. I have only seen 4 GTs so far in person (2 torch reds, silver, and black), and every one of them has had ICAP. One of the reasons I didn't order it is b/c I thought it was going to be really common.
Old 2/16/05, 04:14 PM
Jackass

This is why you order, you get what you want.
Old 2/16/05, 04:29 PM
V10
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by 97svtgoin05gt@February 15, 2005, 10:27 PM
I truly believe Ford under estimated how popular this interior would be. Demand is high and I seem to remember somewhere that the supplier was having some trouble keeping up with demand.

Demand is low. Ford has cut ICAP production in half from intitial estimates. IIRC only 5% of Mustangs are currently being built with ICAP. Rumors are that ICAP is going to be discontinued.
Old 2/16/05, 04:46 PM
V6 Member

Originally posted by Altoid@February 16, 2005, 6:17 PM
This is why you order, you get what you want.
Absolutely! It stinks waiting haha and I've only been waiting for a little while, but if your going to spend $$$$ on your ride why compromise?
Old 2/16/05, 05:31 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by V10+February 16, 2005, 5:32 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(V10 @ February 16, 2005, 5:32 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-97svtgoin05gt@February 15, 2005, 10:27 PM
I truly believe Ford under estimated how popular this interior would be. Demand is high and I seem to remember somewhere that the supplier was having some trouble keeping up with demand.

Demand is low. Ford has cut ICAP production in half from intitial estimates. IIRC only 5% of Mustangs are currently being built with ICAP. Rumors are that ICAP is going to be discontinued.
[/b][/quote]

True... but my understanding is that after they cut the production (late November/early December I believe), they saw a spike in ICAP orders, that they could no longer fulfill (since the supplier of the red leather had cut back quantities). Seems like Ford overreacted a bit to the initial order trend.

I ended up going with a car off the lot, instead of ordering, due to ICAP holding up my order (the car was virtually the same, and I'm glad I did!).

I wouldn't be surprised if Ford either stopped ICAP production for 2006, or changed the color offered (maybe they'll go with the blue from the early test drive article?).

anyway... now I'm rambling... sorry. The short story is, I love the red! (although I may have liked it even more if the seats were black with red perforated inserts, red door inserts, black floormats, and red stitching on the steering wheel and shifter/shift boot leather).
Old 2/16/05, 05:33 PM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by V10+February 16, 2005, 6:32 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(V10 @ February 16, 2005, 6:32 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-97svtgoin05gt@February 15, 2005, 10:27 PM

[/b][/quote]

Not to be an a-hole to those planning on ordering next year, but I kind of hope it does get discontinued. I like being unique. Well, hopefully mine will get here first (fingers crossed). Sorry for my selfishness.
Old 2/16/05, 05:47 PM
FR500 Member

the black w/ICAP seems to be most popular. i decided like months before ordering that this is what i wanted. and for the others who got it....u got some good taste
Old 2/16/05, 06:01 PM
Team Mustang Source

The black/red combo really does look great. My last car was black though, and I usually need a different color in between black cars, to get over all the cursing at what a pain it is to take care of, especially in Michigan with the winter/salt/HORRIBLE road combination. But when it's all shined up, nothing beats black...

Quick Reply: Red ICAP is rare equals frustration!