The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   05-09 Interior and Audio Mods (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f692/)
-   -   PIE Adapter: PleaseWAIT for purchase! (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f692/pie-adapter-pleasewait-purchase-419447/)

stever 9/12/05 02:27 PM

From the Logjam Forum:

"I'm sure if there are more functions affected, the '05 Mustang people will let me know as they seem to be a very vocal group."

As opposed to a bunch of boneheads who buy something that doesn't do what it says it will do, so they just accept. I guess this is a compliment.

05STG1 9/12/05 09:12 PM

I didnt appreciate that comment either....very un-professional post if U ask me. Admit the problem, dont blame the customer for pointing out a issue, and be done with it. Offer a replacement date, and be done with it.
Admit lack of testing on an 05, and be done with it...LOL

"Vocal group"....lol OK......

94tbird 9/12/05 09:25 PM

well, to their credit, we are. And Im darn proud of it haha

Enfynet 9/13/05 10:14 PM

"... However, if product availability loosens up a little and we can get enough FRD04-AUX inventory with the new chip ourselves, then for the Logjam Electronics customers, we will send you a new updated device and also include a pre-paid UPS return label so you can send us the original FRD04-AUX back to us. "

Well lets hope they get a butt-load of CORRECTED AUX harnesses in stock. :rolleyes:

Enfynet 9/14/05 07:33 PM

http://pie.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=187&p...er=asc&start=45

Originally posted by TECH ME@September 14, 2005, 10:55 PM
The connection at the cig. plug is reliable. There may be maximum 3-wires on that plug.
BLU/WHT = Constant 12-volts
BLU/RED = Ingnition/switched 12 volts (common on F-Series)
BLK = Gound

You may use these wires without any problems. Take it from me I've been IN and OUT of these cars...

By the way anyone know of any 2005 Mustang Owner in the Immediate area (San Fernando Valley or Los Angeles CA) having this same issue?

e-mail me victorc@pie.net

Anyone want to take a trip to PIE? :nice:

f1-cobra 9/14/05 07:47 PM

Anyone who ordered from Logjam, here is the form to get on the list for the fix.

FRD04-AUX Product Replacement Form

Enfynet 9/14/05 10:19 PM

Thanks! :nice:

I just got mine today, so on Friday I will probably get to experience the same problem as everyone else.

Patience 9/16/05 01:10 PM

Originally posted by f1-cobra@September 14, 2005, 7:50 PM
Anyone who ordered from Logjam, here is the form to get on the list for the fix.

FRD04-AUX Product Replacement Form

thanks---just put my name on the list for a replacement---

Maverstang 9/16/05 03:27 PM

I think if you leave the 16 pin connector disconnected and do a radio self test (buttons 3 & 6 simutaneously) it will come back with "Self Test - Test Fail" and code "B2477".

That code corresponds to "Module Configuration Failure" which I suspect means the radio cannot find the communications bus which provides the dimming and auto speed volume data it is expecting in the default Mustang configuration.

Could someone do a quick check and verify the self test fails?

atomicskiier01 9/16/05 09:23 PM

Does anybody know if this adapter will work in the 2006 mustangs? I've read that somebody thought that they used a different wiring harness for the 2006. If that is true, then I have an extra PIE adapter on my hands Can anybody verify since I don't even have my 'stang yet to try it out?

Cam07 9/18/05 02:03 PM

Which one did ya'll choose?
-Send a replacement IC Chip when available
-Send a replacement FRD04-AUX when available
-I will send you my FRD04-AUX and you will replace IC Chip when available and return to me.

Patience 9/18/05 05:31 PM

Originally posted by Cam07@September 18, 2005, 2:06 PM
-I will send you my FRD04-AUX and you will replace IC Chip when available and return to me.

send me a replacement, didn't pay to have to tech assess and fix myself----

SoFlaBoss 9/18/05 06:48 PM

Originally posted by Cam07@September 18, 2005, 3:06 PM

I chose "Send a replacement FRD04-AUX when available". :shame:

Ponycar 9/24/05 08:04 PM

Originally posted by Enfynet@September 14, 2005, 9:36 PM
http://pie.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=187&p...er=asc&start=45

Anyone want to take a trip to PIE? :nice:

The horse may be out of the barn, but I just wanted to let you know that I installed the PIE adaptor from Logjam using all of the information from this website, from the how-to remove the center console to all the details of connecting to 12v power while leaving the PIE 16-pin unplugged and...it works! Thanks to everyone here for making my commute a little more bearable!

dvaphex 10/2/05 12:09 PM

I just installed my PIE AUX interface. It was pretty easy. I love it. It sounds great. I think that the MP3 files on my MP3 player (ARCHOS) sound better than the same files burned to CD.

TehSLeeper 10/2/05 03:28 PM

I live VERY close to PIE. After seeing these problems I'm glad that if I buy the product I live close enough for them to fix it fast.

islandmustang 10/26/05 11:44 PM

is the fix on the pie unit completely fixed yet??

PottyScotty 11/2/05 11:28 AM

Originally posted by Logjam
(Update 10/29/05) - It appears this long ordeal is coming to a conclusion. Friday P.I.E. told us they have completed the Beta testing and are in the process of re-programming the new IC chips. Within a week or so, shipments of the new IC chips will begin, followed shortly by the shipping of complete products containing the newly reprogrammed IC chips. As soon as a specific time table and shipping schedule is developed, more information will be forthcoming. Logjam Electronics would like to thank all of their FRD04-AUX customers who have been very patience and very understanding throughout this entire process. You guys have been great! - - - - Logjam Electronics Management

islandmustang 11/4/05 12:31 AM

i just bought mine....hopefully it works...

islandmustang 11/13/05 01:18 AM

IT WORKS!!!

ordered nov 3. Installed nov 10 late at night...

everybody go buy one... http://www.logjamelectronics.com/