05-09 Interior and Audio Mods Enhancing Your Mustang's Interior and Sound System

Non IUP/Non Leather

Search this Thread

Old 3/18/05, 08:20 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

For those who went bare-bones on the interior, are you happy with the interior...how is the cloth holding up...any regrets?
Old 3/18/05, 08:36 PM
Cobra R Member

I went semi-bare-bone. Like the way the cloth feels, plus it will be 120 degrees here soon, and not a big fan of leather in that temp. I have the upgraded dash, stereo trim, cupholdertrim, etc.
Old 3/18/05, 08:51 PM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
No offense to others, but I just saw a base v6 w/o IUP or ISAP. I was really surprised how cheap it looked.
Previously I've never seen one stripped like that and always thought the interior was pretty luxurious for a sporty car.
I'd at least get the interior sport appearance package.
Old 3/18/05, 09:03 PM
Mach 1 Member

Yea, I just saw a v6 today that was base interior, and the steering wheel alone is a good reason to at least get the interior sport appearence package, it looks like a big hunk of rubber on the base interior.
Old 3/18/05, 09:05 PM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Never had any problems with the temp of leather, I just don't like it.
The cloth feels much better to me. I knew I was going to order cloth even before I knew I was going to order the car. No regrets what-so-ever here.
I do have IUP, though. The dash is growing on me. It really helps break up all the black.
Old 3/18/05, 09:25 PM
Legacy TMS Member

I've never had trouble with the leather and a black stang, and I live in Texas for now. Will be getting leather again, it keeps the lint off my uniform, which is such a pain.

However, I still like the cloth interior but not for me.
Old 3/18/05, 09:26 PM

I got the sport package and cloth seats and I really like it. The yellow with all black interior looks really good IMO. I did add the door sill plates to go along with the steering wheel and shifter.
Old 3/19/05, 08:04 AM
Cobra R Member

Well I got 05 GT with the cloth interior, no interior upgrades except ashtray kit, and blue tooth phone kit. I like the cloth because of temperatures, and also they have the running pony's on em. So in my mind they look better than the plain leather. If I did go leather it would have been the red seats, but needed to save some cash. I like it is definitely awesome in my book. I may add a few things to it, like the iup shifter for auto, some nice pedals, and eventually add my own stereo. I couldnt justify paying so much for there stereos. So much to do, as they say rome wasn't built in a day.
Old 3/19/05, 10:46 AM

I have tan cloth, a black dash and the small IUP it really looks good. I love the way the colors go togather and the Mustang lettering on the seats. If your looking for a true original look go with the cloth.
Old 3/19/05, 01:20 PM
rex
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by magnum70@March 19, 2005, 11:49 AM
I have tan cloth, a black dash and the small IUP it really looks good. I love the way the colors go togather and the Mustang lettering on the seats. If your looking for a true original look go with the cloth.

The True original look is Vinyl...and that's just what those of us with leather interiors have...at least the back seat anyway
Old 3/19/05, 02:17 PM

That is funny you paid for leather and got vinyl. I meant the mustang/pony lettering on the cloth.
Old 3/19/05, 03:16 PM
V6 Member

I have the V6 with MUSTANG MUSTANG MUSTANG wirtten across the seats. To me it does not look that great, so I bought the seat covers from a GT off E-bay. These are factory take off's where they added leather. These have the running horses on them. It took me a few hours to chenge them over, But I like them a lot better. It is a little bit of a pain to change, but to me it was worth it.........nobody else would even notice? Oh well, I like it
Old 3/19/05, 06:38 PM
Bullitt Member

didn't think about it twice. If i can't get the complete gague cluster, i'd get nothing.
Old 3/19/05, 07:07 PM
rex
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by bill_brenda@March 19, 2005, 7:41 PM
didn't think about it twice. If i can't get the complete gague cluster, i'd get nothing.

the guage cluster is no better/worse than the idiot lights...they are not true read at all level guages...so what...
Old 3/19/05, 09:38 PM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
The message center by itself is worth the IUP. The extra gauges just look better. The MyColor is just a gimick that should have been either left off or offered as a seperate option.
Old 3/19/05, 10:23 PM
Mach 1 Member

Just when I thought no one could spell "gauge", Jason comes along and restores my faith. j/k
Old 3/20/05, 05:46 AM
Cobra Member

I have a Performance White V-6, "barebones" with the Parchment interior. I happen to like it alot. The way the black dash and parchment go together looks great. I was going to get a Windveil Blue Mustang but it had the grey interior and I didnt like it, it was too dark for my taste. I dont think the non-IUP looks cheap either. My only complaint was the steering wheel but a 30 dollar wheelskin cover solved that problem. And as soon as someone introduces a new auto-shifter I will change that out.
I do like the idea of changing the covers to the "running pony", but I dont feel like shelling out over 100 bucks for it.
Old 3/20/05, 07:15 AM
Cobra R Member

The running pony's really look sweet. That is why I did'nt mind going cloth. They feel and look great. A little more shiny is needed on the inside so some iup will be added, also need a little on the outside. Hopefully they will come up with a nice fuel door (billet) I dont like the regular fuel door.
Old 3/20/05, 09:26 AM
GT Member

I got my car off the lot on 12-28 and it didn't have the IUP. It is a premium with leather. Anyway, I don't care about that as I want to customize the interior to have a unique look. I can buy an upgraded wheel and door handles. Also, put in some classic soft trim leather in the door panels. Maybe some wood from woodview on the radio and cup holders. Its all good.
Old 3/20/05, 10:30 AM
Mach 1 Member

We have the light graphite leather and sport apperance package. I've added the IUP door sills (still cheap from the Ford parts department) and they really look nice. I also put the door pins, running pony coat hanger kit, and pony power point plug from MGW to further dress up the interior. It all looks very good together. I may use Leatherique dye on the seats to give them a two tone look, but haven't totally decided on that yet. I think that will depend on the stripe color I choose for the outside. We bought our car off the lot because it was the only 5 speed they had, but I like the color combination so I'm happy. I wouldn't have cared if it had the cloth, it just happened to have leather. Leather in Arizona is not fun, but with tinted windows and AC, we will survive.

Quick Reply: Non IUP/Non Leather