05-09 Interior and Audio Mods Enhancing Your Mustang's Interior and Sound System

New Ipod/MP3 Connector?

Search this Thread

Old 7/28/07, 05:25 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
New Ipod/MP3 Connector?

I was looking in the new Moss Mustang catalog today and found this...http://www.mossmustang.com/Shop/View...eIndexID=57804. Now I have heard of the Trip Tunes from Ford, but I thought that was just a fancy fm transmitter, this unit appears to be an actual direct connection. Anyone have this or know anything about it? Thanks!
Old 7/28/07, 08:30 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looks like that's just the OEM optional auxiliary jack from the '07 and up Mustang. It's definitely a direct connection and sounds great, I've got it in my car. The only thing that's a PITA is that to select songs / playlists / etc, you still have to do it on your MP3 player, so you have to take your eyes away from the road.
Old 7/29/07, 07:34 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by titanjc
Looks like that's just the OEM optional auxiliary jack from the '07 and up Mustang. It's definitely a direct connection and sounds great, I've got it in my car. The only thing that's a PITA is that to select songs / playlists / etc, you still have to do it on your MP3 player, so you have to take your eyes away from the road.
I hated taking my eyes off the road too, that's why I got one of these:
http://www.amazon.com/Harman-Kardon-...5716030&sr=8-2
Old 7/29/07, 12:20 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by jedikd
I hated taking my eyes off the road too, that's why I got one of these:
http://www.amazon.com/Harman-Kardon-...5716030&sr=8-2
That looks like a good idea. I think it would annoy me personally though, because I don't like having any extra clutter on my dash or console, not even a radar detector. I wish there was the ability to have an interface similar to the one in the Scion tC. When you plug in your iPod (using an actual iPod dock plug), you control everything on the head unit itself. Really easy to use.
Old 7/29/07, 12:39 PM
Mach 1 Member

That looks like a good idea. I think it would annoy me personally though, because I don't like having any extra clutter on my dash or console, not even a radar detector. I wish there was the ability to have an interface similar to the one in the Scion tC. When you plug in your iPod (using an actual iPod dock plug), you control everything on the head unit itself. Really easy to use.
if that's what you're after I believe there are aftermarket kits that will allow the ipod to interface with the Shaker Headunit. I looked into them a little bit but they seemed to be upwards of $200
Old 7/30/07, 08:15 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

There's Trip Tunes Advanced that does that, but it's $250. Kind of pricey I thought.

Old 7/31/07, 05:45 PM
Bullitt Member

Confirmation requested

Can someone confirm this is the real deal? I looked at fordaccessories.com and the description for triptunes is the FM modulator. When was the official release from Ford?
Old 7/31/07, 07:24 PM

If you click on the little red instructions icon, It will show you the directions. I think on box 26, it shows it hooking up between the antenna and the radio. Plus if you look at the picture the green toggle switch is used to switch from fm modulation to Fm radio. So it probably is the hard wired fm modulator from Ford
Old 7/31/07, 10:59 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
I'd like a windshield HUD display If it can be done in a fighter jet why the H not !
Old 8/2/07, 04:27 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by LIPony
If you click on the little red instructions icon, It will show you the directions. I think on box 26, it shows it hooking up between the antenna and the radio. Plus if you look at the picture the green toggle switch is used to switch from fm modulation to Fm radio. So it probably is the hard wired fm modulator from Ford
So this is just another FM transmitter? Is there anyway to get the direct connection used in the 2007+ models into an 05?