05-09 Interior and Audio Mods Enhancing Your Mustang's Interior and Sound System

need moleskin for tinted windows..................

Search this Thread

Old 8/8/06, 11:06 AM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by IndyDale
Pics of the bolt I was talkin about, after you remove this one & all the ones arount the door panel, you can then lift & pull the top of the door panel away to remove the wiper channel assy.
I see... the torx bolt I had was behind the center of the door panel.. not the lever, but the handle. I still haven't taken a pic, but after I pulled that bolt, my door pannel still wouldn't come off. I'll bet that's why.

Oh.... by the way.. have you ever considered being a hand model? Like David Duchovny in Zoolander? You should consider it.
Old 8/12/06, 05:17 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Spoke with the guy who is going to tint my windows, mentioned the concern about scratching and the mole skin. He said that is only needed with the cheeper brands of tint, what he is going to install has a scratch resistant layer on the inside and is not needed. Also gave me a year warranty aginst scratching. Also added I can not roll down the windows for the first week untill it compleatly cures. Is he on the level or blowing smoke?
Old 8/13/06, 04:10 AM
Legacy TMS Member

I've yet to hear of anyone installing tint without felt and it not getting scratched up. If he stands behind his work then great, but you'd still have to leave the car there "again" if it does get scratched. Personnaly I'd put the felt on...
Old 8/13/06, 06:26 AM
KdF
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Dougxox
Spoke with the guy who is going to tint my windows, mentioned the concern about scratching and the mole skin. He said that is only needed with the cheeper brands of tint, what he is going to install has a scratch resistant layer on the inside and is not needed. Also gave me a year warranty aginst scratching. Also added I can not roll down the windows for the first week untill it compleatly cures. Is he on the level or blowing smoke?
I say Horsehockey! But I do agree with the 1 week thingy , as it cures the adheasive and gets rid of any bubbles that may be showing. I put the Moleskin on mine , as it has 2 scratches allready , but I have not rolled down my windows since installation as its been 100 deg every day since.
Old 8/13/06, 08:52 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by KdF
I say Horsehockey! But I do agree with the 1 week thingy , as it cures the adheasive and gets rid of any bubbles that may be showing. I put the Moleskin on mine , as it has 2 scratches allready , but I have not rolled down my windows since installation as its been 100 deg every day since.

You're not saying that you got the scratches after the moleskin. You got them before putting on the moleskin?
Old 8/13/06, 10:03 AM
KdF
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by flashfearless
You're not saying that you got the scratches after the moleskin. You got them before putting on the moleskin?
Yes , definatly before.
Old 8/21/06, 09:38 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Dougxox
update:
Spoke with the installers boss. ( gotta go to the top ) He said that on the new mustangs you need moleskin, the window trim is not a soft rubber like in the past, but a hard plastic and it will scratch. They will put the moleskin on.
Old 8/22/06, 11:49 AM
KdF
Bullitt Member

I knew they were plastic!!
Said that when I installed MY Moleskin!

See....nobody listens to me!

<walks away smug...........>
Old 9/1/06, 02:18 PM

Just gotta let everyone know the satisfaction of the automoleskin...
I purchased a moleskin kit. From the website, it says 2-3 day priority shipping. I ordered on a Wednesday and by the next Monday, without any package, I sent an email inquiring where my kit was. I got a response of

"We ship every Monday.

When did you order? If you ordered last week then we sent it out yesterday
2-3 day air.

You will have it tomorrow or the next day.

I promise. "

I couldn't believe I received an "I promise." in the email. Very unusual for a company to state that. Well, could you believe that on Tuesday my package was delivered just as what was promised. All I have to say is don't hesitate to order from the company! Great service! Now I just need my car!
Old 9/15/06, 01:00 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by clintoris
Hey guys... I just bought some felt... found a link on one of the other threads... I bought a roll for $10, including shipping and it works great.
It's not moleskin.... I tried for weeks to find that and got nowhere.. but this felt is very similar.... much better than the soft side of velcro. just click the link and choose your width...

http://www.durofelt.com/image_12.html

What size did you get? 3/4" or 1" X 25'? Thanks
Old 9/15/06, 02:03 PM

Make sure you test it out in the heat for a coupe months first.

Most of those generic felts will break down and start to smear your window and tint with glue and then come off altogether.

We worked for almost a year to produce an adhesive that could withstand the very high heat and humidity the moleskin is subjected to inside a door panel on those hot days.

Trust me, the cheep stuff won’t work for long. I even recommend it to the hesitant people. They always come back to us.

That is why we have tint shops buying our product instead of others. They don’t want people coming back and complaining that the moleskin has come off or is gluing up their windows. Ours doesn’t because we made it specifically to withstand the high heat and humidity of automobile applications.

Automoleskin.com
Old 9/15/06, 04:13 PM
Bullitt Member

I had Durofelt on while I lived in San Antonio and had no trouble with the heat effecting the adhesion.
Old 9/15/06, 05:48 PM
Team Mustang Source

Ordered the kit today as well.

My window tint has a TON of scratches all over it... been putting off getting it re-done for too long.
Old 10/1/06, 06:05 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by flnsx
Make sure you test it out in the heat for a coupe months first.

Most of those generic felts will break down and start to smear your window and tint with glue and then come off altogether.

We worked for almost a year to produce an adhesive that could withstand the very high heat and humidity the moleskin is subjected to inside a door panel on those hot days.

Trust me, the cheep stuff won’t work for long. I even recommend it to the hesitant people. They always come back to us.

That is why we have tint shops buying our product instead of others. They don’t want people coming back and complaining that the moleskin has come off or is gluing up their windows. Ours doesn’t because we made it specifically to withstand the high heat and humidity of automobile applications.

Automoleskin.com
I ordered some today. The adhesive on my Durofelt finally broke down on the drivers side yesterday. I put it on at the beginning of summer. My car sits in the hot garage all day since I work at night.
Old 10/2/06, 08:04 AM
GT Member

OK I have a 06 GT without felt installed the windows are scratched and look like crap.....when I got the 07 got on here and Tacobill....(I think thats his name...gave me a link to specific instructions for fixing the problem and what to use (bought at Walmat in a kit) took it to my bodyshop guy....he installed on mine and hubbys for $25.00 apiece and had mine tinted on Thursday last week.......rolled them down for last 2 days and no scatches....it is working so far.....it is not due to cheap tint....I do not put cheap tint on my cars.....it is no felt on the inside moulding the window goes up and down in........my tint guy is gonna replace hubbys for free because he guarantees it for life...but it was not his tint it was our car....not all cars are having this problem so good luck on yours.
Old 10/2/06, 10:27 AM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Ford designed the window wipes this way, and aren't going to change it. The guy that did my tint had the felt built into the price, but I had already installed my own moleskin. I saw what happened on the '05 and didn't want that again.

He said it started with Mercedes, then a couple other manufacturers, and now Ford's starting to do it on their cars. They don't care about our aftermarket mods, they only care about their bottom line.
Old 10/5/06, 10:00 PM
GTR Member

just bought some mole skin baby
Old 10/10/06, 03:02 PM
V6 Member

just bought me some also!
Old 10/10/06, 06:00 PM

Hey guys!

Thanks for your business! If you need any more info PM me and I will try to help you out. We have had some on our GT now for over a year and it's still going strong!

Cheers!

James

automoleskin.com
Old 10/15/06, 11:22 AM
Bullitt Member

For those who have bought from automoleskin.com can you tell me if the stuff in the link below is similar or the same? I have been told it is the same stuff but would like more info.

Thanks,
Bob

http://www.technologylk.com/product_...roduct_ID=4187

Quick Reply: need moleskin for tinted windows..................