05-09 Interior and Audio Mods Enhancing Your Mustang's Interior and Sound System

MGW UPDATE

Search this Thread

Old 10/27/05, 08:54 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If your like me and have been waiting on MORE of the MGW products to get to market, here is the response I just got 10/27/05 from the "horses" mouth. Thought you might be interested.

"issues with ford renewing our license contract have put alot of things way behind. we are hoping to have some more items up in a few weeks."
regards
george
www.mgwltd.com
4159 mike padgett highway
augusta, ga 30906

706-793-1770
Old 10/28/05, 10:11 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was wondering what was going on. Thanks for the info.
Old 10/29/05, 06:40 PM
Cobra R Member

Every day its a different excuse. I don't know of any of his products having Ford on them do you? So what is the issue? I feel sorry for that poor gal that has to keep putting out George's BS to all of the callers.
Old 10/29/05, 11:43 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Mongoose@October 29, 2005, 5:43 PM
Every day its a different excuse. I don't know of any of his products having Ford on them do you? So what is the issue? I feel sorry for that poor gal that has to keep putting out George's BS to all of the callers.
Ahhhhhh Dude... the Pony used on many of MGW's parts is most likely a registered trademark of the Ford Motor company.
Old 10/30/05, 06:43 AM
GT Member

Originally posted by Mongoose@October 29, 2005, 7:43 PM

Man, Mongoose. The guy does great work. The money, time, paperwork invested is way beyond our means, most likely yours too. Lighten up. Don't buy his products and don't malign his employees if you don't like it ...... :angry:
Old 10/30/05, 07:25 AM

Agreed, MGW is Great!!!!

Have had nothing but great service from these folks, and their products are second to none. I just received the radio ****, chrome radiator cap, and the three a/c *****, along with the Trunk Monkey plug, all were in my hands 3 days after I ordered. The workmanship is awesome.
Old 10/30/05, 09:27 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Whatever the reason for delay. MGW Products are worth the wait. The are second to NONE. My 99 GT Vert has ALL there products, and my 05 Coupe has what they have out so-far, and patiently awaits the rest. There is NO substitute for their Quality.
Old 10/30/05, 05:28 PM
Cobra Member

Winter is setting its sights on my area, so I have 6 months to watch and order their new products.
Old 10/30/05, 06:45 PM
Cobra R Member

Redfire GT Not malign his employees. I see you do not have a clue what I am talking about but others here do.
Tony how long did they make excuses to your wife about the *****?
Not knocking his products. Where the h--- did you get that?
I have his products on my car after waiting a year for them. Buzz off
Old 10/30/05, 07:38 PM
Mach 1 Member

Boy this thread has turned ugly. I feel the quality of MGW stuff is worth the time it takes to produce it. I called George one day and had a great conversation with him. He explained the process to me about what it takes to produce the items they sell. Believe me, I'm as impatient as the next person, but George and his company are worth waiting for.
Old 10/31/05, 10:56 AM
Mach 1 Member

Not only would the pony require a license but so would the "GT" wouldn't it? I can only speak of my experiences when i say that I have never had any issues with MGW and my orders. George has also resonded to my e-mail questions very quickly.
Old 10/31/05, 04:10 PM
Bullitt Member

our stuff w/the logos may be limited edition?----
Old 10/31/05, 04:44 PM
FR500 Member

Originally posted by Mongoose@October 30, 2005, 6:48 PM
Redfire GT Not malign his employees. I see you do not have a clue what I am talking about but others here do.
Tony how long did they make excuses to your wife about the *****?
Not knocking his products. Where the h--- did you get that?
I have his products on my car after waiting a year for them. Buzz off
Quite awhile, but you know what, never did I poop all over him like that Bill
Oh yeah, and he got that idea from your post. This is a public website, not a private club where everyone is privy to everything ever posted. :bang:
Old 10/31/05, 11:38 PM
Cobra R Member

I did not poop on him Tony. I just want someone to be straight forward to say right up front it will be six months or longer and not keep stringing me on with next week or so for months. I feel pooped on. As a matter of fact I have ordered several sets of his ***** and given them to fellow 05 owners. And yes they seem to be the best out there.
I will never say another bad word about anyone on this forum!

Oh yeah, and he got that idea from your post.
Do not understand this. Please advise
Old 11/1/05, 12:16 AM
FR500 Member

Bill, if you don't understand how one can infer that your maligning MGW's employees by this statement:

I don't know what to tell ya, YOU said it.

So if you were to want to make someone aware of the fact that lead times are long in the tooth maybe this would be a better and probably more accurate statement:

Yeah, you know his lead times always seem to wander off for awhile, but the end product is top notch

You said in essense that:

George just puts out bullpoo
You feel sorry for the messenger
That there is NO issue with licensing

If that's not pooping on him, I'd like to see what you do consider pooping! Must involve a freakin sewer truck with a 6in diameter hose and 250 GPM pump.

There are licensing issues, Bill. The Pony's are trademarked, The GT lettering is trademarked. The Cobra's are trademarked...pretty much most of his line of accessories is trademarked.

MGW is a family owned machine shop that does more than make cool little accessories for our cars.

http://mgwltd.com/brochure1.shtml

Tact, Bill.... It's all about Tact
Old 11/1/05, 04:04 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Got the GT Shift ****, a/c *****, door lock pins, coat hangers, and Red Eject button last week. All are awesome quality which can not be gotten elsewhere. Companies would be chewing at the bit to have these types of threads being written about them. These guys aren't stringing anyone along...heck, they want to do business. You guys and gals can always go get "similar" items elsewhere, but believe me, find the patience and wait for these, you will not regret it.
Old 11/1/05, 06:44 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've got the all the interior accessories and they are without a doubt the best out there. Best part is they blend so well with the new interiors that I had a friend (who has been test driving the new stangs) ask which special edition mine was because he wanted the same thing. I laughed and said "It's the MGW edition."

I'll gladly wait for the MGW short shifter, too. Although, my Saleen shifter has pretty much won me over, so their delay may have actually lost that sale...
Old 11/2/05, 09:34 AM
V6 Member

I am in total agreement with the last to posts,I have the shift ball along with the ac-control ****,the GT power plug cover and the GT radiator cap.All are first rate quality and fine craftmenship.I had a different manufature of the AC ****(the round ones) but fit and finish was nowhere up to MGW's standards plus the back lighting didn't work green lense to thick or something.I also am thing of replacing my stock shifter but will wait until MGW comes out with theirs.It has to be at least as good as any out there right now.So MGW where is it.I'm waiting??????
Old 11/2/05, 09:50 AM
Team Mustang Source

Cup Holder Bezel, License Plate Frame, E Brake Handle, I'm waiting too, come on MGW!
Old 11/11/05, 01:16 AM
V6 Member

I've been waiting for the cupholder bezel also. Figured I would also get the a/c ***** and the pony shift ball all at the same time. Noticed they took the '05 pony ball off the website. License? :scratch:

Quick Reply: MGW UPDATE