05-09 Interior and Audio Mods Enhancing Your Mustang's Interior and Sound System

Message center blank switch pamel

Search this Thread

Old 8/16/05, 02:40 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I added two switches to the blank message center switch panel on the dash.I cannot add the new instrument cluster so I wanted to do something with the blank panel.I removed the panel and added two switches to the panel,one I will be using to turn the fog lights on/off through a relay and the other to unlatch the trunk lid as soon as I find the post that explains how to find the correct wire on the passenger side foot panel.
Old 8/16/05, 03:08 PM
Cobra Member

Very clean install.

Trunk Button Thread
Old 8/16/05, 05:52 PM
GT Member

Thanks for the response about the thread for the wire to the trunck lid release,I will be hooking that up before long.I will not be using a momentary switch,I will have to push the switch on/off to release the lid.I will let you know how the lights and deck lid works out.
Old 8/18/05, 05:02 PM
GT Member

Got the switch panel completed and installed and tested.One switch for the fog lights and the second to release the trunk lid.I used power from the power point and since it now has no power I found a blank black plug to stick in the hole,doesn't look to bad for 1.00.Trunk lid switch works like a charm.
Old 8/18/05, 09:11 PM

That looks great! I been trying to figure out what to do with that dead space myself. I just may have copy your idea of installing a trunk release.
Old 8/19/05, 05:00 AM
GT Member

if you use a regular on/off toggle type switch instead of a momentary switch you will have to turn the switch on then back off.Once you hear the click of the trunk solenoid turn the switch off or you will be keeping the solenoid energized.