05-09 Interior and Audio Mods Enhancing Your Mustang's Interior and Sound System

Labor cost to reupholster front seats?

Search this Thread

Old 9/11/13, 02:05 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Labor cost to reupholster front seats?

My front seats are showing a little wear these days, the driver's seat in particular. I've been thinking about having them reupholstered but have no idea what I'd be getting into price-wise besides the cost of new seat covers. Anyone have a ballpark figure of what I'd be looking at for the two front seats for labor only?

Also, any suggestions for quality seat covers? The only ones I know of offhand are TMI and Katzkin.
Old 9/11/13, 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by titanjc
My front seats are showing a little wear these days, the driver's seat in particular. I've been thinking about having them reupholstered but have no idea what I'd be getting into price-wise besides the cost of new seat covers. Anyone have a ballpark figure of what I'd be looking at for the two front seats for labor only?

Also, any suggestions for quality seat covers? The only ones I know of offhand are TMI and Katzkin.
I just did my fronts and rears on my 2005 Vert. I got the covers from Leatherseats.com and based on the item numbers they are Katzkin leather ( I could be wrong about that but they look and feel great). I got a quote from a local place for 400.00 to install but I just did them myself. Takes a lot of elbow grease and a day or two to do but it is much easier than you think. There is a video on YouTube that walks you through the install, I just have to find the link again. Also Leatherseats.com warranties the covers for 3 years no matter who installs them.

Update: here is the link to the video

Last edited by mkenny28; 9/11/13 at 11:16 AM.
Old 9/12/13, 04:25 PM
Mach 1 Member

I would call up some upholstery shops in your area and ask them for an estimate. One other option is to try and find the OEM seat covers. My car came with cloth seats but I found the OEM leather seat covers on Craigslist for $150 and had them installed for $200 by a friend. Way cheaper than any other options I was looking at, plus it looks just like it came from the factory that way.