05-09 Interior and Audio Mods Enhancing Your Mustang's Interior and Sound System

Installing an amplifier with the stock Shaker500 Head Unit

Search this Thread

Old 4/25/06, 11:31 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have a JL Audio e6450 six channel amp that I will be installing along with some MB Quart 5x7s and two JL 8w3v2s for the doors.
the amp: http://mobile.jlaudio.com/products_amps.php?amp_id=262

i plan on bridging 1&2 for the left 5x7 and bridging 3&4 for the right 5x7. I will use channel 5&6 in stereo for the door subs.

First: the amp has speaker line inputs that I plan on using for the inputs for channels 1&2 and 3&4. My question is: what wires should I tap for this? I assume I should probably go behind the head unit and get them before the stock amplifier?

Second: the amp allows you to sum channels 1-4 for the channel 5&6 input (it doesnt have a speaker level input for 5&6). So are the front 5x7 speaker wires set up for full range? If not, I assume I'll need to tap the wires going to the stock subs and use a line level converter?

thanks all
Old 4/25/06, 01:04 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Al Blue4.6l @ April 25, 2006, 11:34 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I have a JL Audio e6450 six channel amp that I will be installing along with some MB Quart 5x7s and two JL 8w3v2s for the doors.
the amp: http://mobile.jlaudio.com/products_amps.php?amp_id=262

i plan on bridging 1&2 for the left 5x7 and bridging 3&4 for the right 5x7. I will use channel 5&6 in stereo for the door subs.

First: the amp has speaker line inputs that I plan on using for the inputs for channels 1&2 and 3&4. My question is: what wires should I tap for this? I assume I should probably go behind the head unit and get them before the stock amplifier?

Second: the amp allows you to sum channels 1-4 for the channel 5&6 input (it doesnt have a speaker level input for 5&6). So are the front 5x7 speaker wires set up for full range? If not, I assume I'll need to tap the wires going to the stock subs and use a line level converter?

Finally: I've saw somewhere that there are some RCA wires going from the deck to an amp...are those standard patch cables that I could disconnect and use to go to the amp?

thanks all
[/b][/quote]
Contact the scosche tech line, they have the stuff you need to hook your amps up! I know for a fact, I have the shaker 500 and external amps! one mono,one two channel and one four channel. Everthing works perfect and when you turn key off the radio stays on until you open the door ,just like the factory. very friendly techs, tell them that you want to hook up your amps to the factory shaker 500 and you need the wiring harness to do it. Good luck
Old 4/25/06, 01:13 PM
V6 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(flamin ponyexpress @ April 25, 2006, 3:07 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Contact the scosche tech line, they have the stuff you need to hook your amps up! I know for a fact, I have the shaker 500 and external amps! one mono,one two channel and one four channel. Everthing works perfect and when you turn key off the radio stays on until you open the door ,just like the factory. very friendly techs, tell them that you want to hook up your amps to the factory shaker 500 and you need the wiring harness to do it. Good luck
[/b][/quote]

hmm really? thats cool. what was the price on that?

edit: looking at their site- i assume you used some of their speaker level to RCA converters?
Old 4/25/06, 01:37 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Al Blue4.6l @ April 25, 2006, 1:16 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
hmm really? thats cool. what was the price on that?
[/b][/quote]

I have the scosche amps,wiring ,conectors ,speakers audio cables, everthing to hook it up. My car uses the same stuff as their 05 for the SEMA show. But it sounds that all you need is the wiring harness for the radio and the part # SLC4 to hook up the amps,But I would contact Scosche and ask them! what you will need. I'll PM you with the contact email address for scosche and the person who could probley help you.
Old 4/25/06, 01:41 PM
V6 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(flamin ponyexpress @ April 25, 2006, 3:40 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I have the scosche amps,wiring ,conectors ,speakers audio cables, everthing to hook it up. My car uses the same stuff as their 05 for the SEMA show. But it sounds that all you need is the wiring harness for the radio and the part # SLC4 to hook up the amps,But I would contact Scosche and ask them! what you will need. I'll PM you with the contact email address for scosche and the person who could probley help you.
[/b][/quote]

awesome, thank you [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_mrgreen.gif[/img]

I see that the SLC4 is just a line level converter...but it does look like it will handle the power easily.